Hilliard Announces Top 5

HawkWT

via twitter...
BoUZjPGCEAIzFWZ.jpg

Thanks for posting. I'll let everyone else get their hopes up on this one. By the way, anyone have the number of a good Corvette dealer?

Thanks for posting. I'll let everyone else get their hopes up on this one. By the way, anyone have the number of a good Corvette dealer?

I agree, I'm not getting my hopes up on him, but still good news he hasn't cut Iowa out yet. I hope the brotherly bond is stronger than Ohio States player salaries, but I doubt it.

Would like to think Iowa has as good a chance to get him as they possibly could. Between being able to sell everything that the program has to sell along with playing time day one possibly and his brother I'm not sure what else he'd want..... (besides staying close to home) Did he give any kind of timeline to a decision? Hope it's not till part of the way through the season anyway so his brother will have had time to be on campus for awhile and hopefully love it there.

Would like to think Iowa has as good a chance to get him as they possibly could. Between being able to sell everything that the program has to sell along with playing time day one possibly and his brother I'm not sure what else he'd want..... (besides staying close to home) Did he give any kind of timeline to a decision? Hope it's not till part of the way through the season anyway so his brother will have had time to be on campus for awhile and hopefully love it there.

Everyone says "with all Iowa has to sell", while that makes sense when competing for recruits against ISU, MAC schools, or inferior teams how does this statement factor against Alabama, OSU, Michigan, and Notre Dame? I never understood that. Those programs have everything Iowa has to sell plus much more - national championships, bigger/better facilities, national brand, etc.

I'll get excited about the recruits that are actually ON the team and have signed their LOI. If Justin does in the future I'll get excited, otherwise, no need to get hopes up. Moving on.

Last edited:
Everyone says "with all Iowa has to sell", while that makes sense when competing for recruits against ISU, MAC schools, or inferior teams how does this statement factor against Alabama, OSU, Michigan, and Notre Dame? I never understood that. Those programs have everything Iowa has to sell plus much more - national championships, bigger/better facilities, national brand, etc.
Well the biggest tangible thing I would list would be articles like this being written. http://hawkcentral.com/2014/05/14/ferentzs-nfl-draft-clout-continues-to-gather-steam/
Iowa will have 30 something guys in the NFL next year... Sure those other programs have more of the bright lights and flashy facilities but I don't think with Iowas new practice field going up they are too far behind anymore... As far as intangible I think the family atmosphere for lack of a better term really is undersold. I think it's what sold Hitchens and what a story he had. With Hilliards brother on board that might be what he values as well. (being able to tackle your brother in practice would be pretty fun)

Well the biggest tangible thing I would list would be articles like this being written. http://hawkcentral.com/2014/05/14/ferentzs-nfl-draft-clout-continues-to-gather-steam/
Iowa will have 30 something guys in the NFL next year... Sure those other programs have more of the bright lights and flashy facilities but I don't think with Iowas new practice field going up they are too far behind anymore... As far as intangible I think the family atmosphere for lack of a better term really is undersold. I think it's what sold Hitchens and what a story he had. With Hilliards brother on board that might be what he values as well. (being able to tackle your brother in practice would be pretty fun)

The biggest thing Iowa has to sell is his brother. That's a unique opportunity that those other schools don't have. If by some miracle he picks Iowa, that will be the reason.

The biggest thing Iowa has to sell is his brother. That's a unique opportunity that those other schools don't have. If by some miracle he picks Iowa, that will be the reason.

We better hope C.J. performs well when getting on campus, isn't afraid to redshirt, and doesn't end up at the bottom of the depth chart. Those won't be good calls home.

We better hope C.J. performs well when getting on campus, isn't afraid to redshirt, and doesn't end up at the bottom of the depth chart. Those won't be good calls home.

Maybe not. Maybe CJ knows he needs some development time or time to really grasp the playbook.

Latest posts