Here's What I Wrote on Eno

Don't give me any "we can't get the talent other teams get" B.S. Our coach obviously has a lot to do with that.

Just in the Big Ten alone, give me one valid reason why a kid from out of state would choose this program over an offer from Michigan, Ohio State, or Wisconsin. Playing time?

There is absolutely no reason we can't recruit at least at the level of Wiscy or Nebraska. Nebraska hasn't been to a major bowl in 15 years and is a less populated area. We recruited better than Wiscy for about 20 years when Hayden was here.

Nebraska yes, Wisconsin no. They have a winning tradition there and we do not. Nice facilities aren't going to get it done.

And as far as the Fry era, that's bye bye. It's a whole different world now. Kids want to play where they'll get the most Twitter views.

Just in the Big Ten alone, give me one valid reason why a kid from out of state would choose this program over an offer from Michigan, Ohio State, or Wisconsin. Playing time?

Iowa is 16th in the number of NFL draftees over the last 10 years. That's better than a lot of high profile programs including Michigan, Oregon, Tennessee, Auburn, Stanford and Nebraska. We don't recruit close to as well as any of those teams. We are 3rd in the Big Ten behind Wisconsin and tOSU in NFL draftees. That should be a huge selling point. We should be much better recruiters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ost-players-drafted-into-nfl-in-past-10-years

There is absolutely no reason we can't recruit at least at the level of Wiscy or Nebraska. Nebraska hasn't been to a major bowl in 15 years and is a less populated area. We recruited better than Wiscy for about 20 years when Hayden was here.

Something else about Fry: He owned Wisky & Northwestern & Iowa State while he was coach. Can someone name for me one program Kirk has owned during his tenure?

Iowa is 16th in the number of NFL draftees over the last 10 years. That's better than a lot of high profile programs including Michigan, Oregon, Tennessee, Auburn, Stanford and Nebraska. We don't recruit close to as well as any of those teams. We are 3rd in the Big Ten behind Wisconsin and tOSU in NFL draftees. That should be a huge selling point. We should be much better recruiters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ost-players-drafted-into-nfl-in-past-10-years

I totally agree with you that it should be a selling point, but it's not.

Who gets on twitter having a slumber party with a recruit or working the recruit's high school chain gang? Harbaugh.

Who was on Sports Center going nuts last year? Ezekiel Elliott.

What teams get talked about on College Gameday? OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, MSU (not this year).

While I agree with you in theory, in practice it just isn't that way. We live in a 140 character world today where elite high school talent is going to go to a winning program that gets lots of TV time. Of which we are neither. The whole Hayden Fry "punch 'em in the mouth" attitude doesn't work anymore (not that it really did before anyway). My 9 y.o. loves Odell Beckham and he can't understand it when I tell him what a puke that guy really is. But he's on TV and YouTube making one-handed catches. And I hate to say it but all the negative crap Elliot did on social media last year did nothing but help bring attention to the program.

I really don't see how people can't understand why Iowa doesn't get recruits. 1) We don't win enough, and 2) Ferentz won't accept a diva players. I hate to say it but if you want 4 and 5 star kids you need to win more and be willing to deal with divas.

Last edited:
A pivot to Chevin for a second....He used to have "Iowa Commit" in his Twitter profile page. He also used to have his Iowa commitment statement pinned to Twitter. Those are gone so he's gonna be #2 that jumps ship. Although we pretty much knew that given Eno's scholarship was pulled due to visits.

I totally agree with you that it should be a selling point, but it's not.

Who gets on twitter having a slumber party with a recruit or working the recruit's high school chain gang? Harbaugh.

Who was on Sports Center going nuts last year? Ezekiel Elliott.

What teams get talked about on College Gameday? OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, MSU (not this year).

While I agree with you in theory, in practice it just isn't that way. We live in a 140 character world today where elite high school talent is going to go to a winning program that gets lots of TV time. Of which we are neither. The whole Hayden Fry "punch 'em in the mouth" attitude doesn't work anymore (not that it really did before anyway). My 9 y.o. loves Odell Beckham and he can't understand it when I tell him what a puke that guy really is. But he's on TV and YouTube making one-handed catches. And I hate to say it but all the negative crap Elliot did on social media last year did nothing but help bring attention to the program.

I really don't see how people can't understand why Iowa doesn't get recruits. 1) We don't win enough, and 2) Ferentz won't accept a diva players. I hate to say it but if you want 4 and 5 star kids you need to win more and be willing to deal with divas.

Kirk needs to learn to deal with a few diva players. Saban and Meyer have almost 100% diva players and they do fine.

A pivot to Chevin for a second....He used to have "Iowa Commit" in his Twitter profile page. He also used to have his Iowa commitment statement pinned to Twitter. Those are gone so he's gonna be #2 that jumps ship. Although we pretty much knew that given Eno's scholarship was pulled due to visits.

It's already known that they pulled the offer to Calloway as well.

Was that supposed to be a point of argument?

Yep, we should recruit better and lose a lot less times also.

Something else about Fry: He owned Wisky & Northwestern & Iowa State while he was coach. Can someone name for me one program Kirk has owned during his tenure?

Are you 12?

Comparing the college football world now to what it was in the 80's is comical. It isn't even close to the same game on or off the field.

Are you 12?

Comparing the college football world now to what it was in the 80's is comical. It isn't even close to the same game on or off the field.
Yep. They play more games now so it's easier for Kirk to win more. It's also a lot easier to get invited to a bowl game now. Hayden also didn't have nice facilities or an upgraded stadium. Wait, is that not what you meant?

Haven't had a chance to read all these so I apologize if it's been posted..Somebody asked Eno on Twitter if Iowa still has a chance..he said " it's not up to me "

Haven't had a chance to read all these so I apologize if it's been posted..Somebody asked Eno on Twitter if Iowa still has a chance..he said " it's not up to me "

Iowa pulled his offer because he visited other schools. That's why it's not up to him. Eno was given the choice when to announce it publicly.

This will give you an idea of what Kirk expects from someone that hasn't even signed a LOI.
Cozebw1XEAAPyFM.jpg

Yep. They play more games now so it's easier for Kirk to win more. It's also a lot easier to get invited to a bowl game now. Hayden also didn't have nice facilities or an upgraded stadium. Wait, is that not what you meant?

So clearly you are 12 if that is what you came up with. Do a little research on the difference between the game now and then. Scholarship limits, etc. Hell look at Hayden's year to year record. People act like Iowa never had shitty seasons when he coached here.

Ever heard of the practice bubble? There wasn't many of those around when Hayden had it put up, they also remodeled Kinnick a couple of times when he was the coach here. But those pesky facts get in the way of an actual logical point I know.

Derp.

Are you 12?

You were **** on CR's website. And you're worse here. Go check the poll results idiot.

Was that supposed to be a point of argument?

Not sure what you mean, but I'll admit I'm not a very bright guy.

Whoever I was responding too (I think it was Hawkdrummer??) said there's no reason we shouldn't be able to get good talent like the elite Big 10 teams. I think there are plenty of reasons why.

This forum is damn good for a laugh. So much butt-hurtness and anger over nothing.

Latest posts