Here's What I Wrote on Eno

The last official visit the staff knew about from a committed player that they turned a blind eye to and passively said that was "ok" was Karan Higdon. I'm pretty sure the policy has changed, or maybe you can enlighten me to another verbal who has made official visits to other schools and kept their offer.

Rob, let's just say that others who do what you do INSTANLY said after your article about Eno that they were hearing that all was NOT well from the staffs point of view. That the relationship was far from being prepared and they felt that Eno more than likely would never make it to Iowa.
Didn't Fant visit Nebby and Minny after committing to the Hawks? They didn't show him the door???

Also, pretty simple: Ferentz should get his ass to work. What in the hell does he and his staff do all week? What do they do in practice? They only run 5 or six plays on offense. They stay in the same defense most plays. Opposing staffs have to do nothing to get ready for Iowa, because nothing ever changes.
Blubber hawk is a good name for you, since this post is some of the most inane 'blubbering' I've ever read.

Both of you guys can argue all you want, but the simple fact of the matter is he wouldn't be taking other visits if we hadn't been embarrassed by NDSU, Rutgers, Northwestern, Purdue, and Wisconsin. Do I like it...No. Is it true regardless of which one of you two is correct...Yep.

But I don't go psychotic over nor make my living on 18 year old kids playing a game, so maybe you guys see things differently than I do.

I love Iowa football and I always will. I'll keep following the program and going to games until I'm not able to. But at the end of the day, Iowa is an average to periodically above average football team. Even in the Fry years there were just as many turds as there were good ones. The problem with the Iowa fan base is that we've come so close to greatness on a couple occasions that we expect it on a regular basis, or even worse become deluded and actually think this program really is one of the greats. It's not. We are not Michigan, Alabama, or Ohio State. Add social media and and the rock star status that these 17 year-olds get and it's easy to see that we most likely never will be. They go where the fame is, plain and simple.

You can come online and rage all you want, armchair QB all you want, and tell the holy gods that are HawkeyeNation posters how bad the coaching is all you want. But you're going to get is disappointed. Take a f'n breath, folks. You're grown ass men arguing on the internet over where some high school kid is going to college. Let that sink in for a minute.
You say it's 'true' that he took those other visits because the Hawks were embarrassed by NDSU, etc....It's a 'simple' fact? Well, please show us your 'evidence' that it is a fact (you 'do' know what a 'fact' is, don't you?)..........we'll wait.......

You say it's 'true' that he took those other visits because the Hawks were embarrassed by NDSU, etc....It's a 'simple' fact? Well, please show us your 'evidence' that it is a fact (you 'do' know what a 'fact' is, don't you?)..........we'll wait (but it will never come, because you're the typical message board idiot).

I'm honored that you cared so much to post, Hawknick! Love you brother.

Didn't Fant visit Nebby and Minny after committing to the Hawks? They didn't show him the door???

He definitely visited NE, however I think it was an unofficial visit. Not sure how the policy is written by Iowa. He was also scheduled to take an official visit to MN but cancelled. It was noted that the Iowa staff was not thrilled about the visit he had lined up with MN and said he was told they will potentially recruit other TEs. This was also very late in the recruiting process (Dec/Jan) and sounds like he was also very transparent about these visits with the Iowa staff.

The transparency of Eno's visits are in question, staff might have found out through back channels or after they occurred. We will never know for sure as coaching staffs are never allowed to comment on a recruit until they have signed an LOI. Eno controls the entire narrative and he isn't going to incriminate himself of any wrong doing now that he is on the look for another suitor.

He definitely visited NE, however I think it was an unofficial visit. Not sure how the policy is written by Iowa. He was also scheduled to take an official visit to MN but cancelled. It was noted that the Iowa staff was not thrilled about the visit he had lined up with MN and said he was told they will potentially recruit other TEs. This was also very late in the recruiting process (Dec/Jan) and sounds like he was also very transparent about these visits with the Iowa staff.

The transparency of Eno's visits are in question, staff might have found out through back channels or after they occurred. We will never know for sure as coaching staffs are never allowed to comment on a recruit until they have signed an LOI. Eno controls the entire narrative and he isn't going to incriminate himself of any wrong doing now that he is on the look for another suitor.

Yep, Iowa convinced him not to visit Minnesota. He did go to Nebraska but never on an offical visit.

Haha Eno would have been a premier RB here. He's going to be a hell of a player wherever he goes. There's a reason he's so highly ranked and recruited and it's not to be a 3rd down full back

I"m not tearing him up because of what I perceive to be his talent. My eyeballs tell me he'll struggle He cuts well but doesn't have break away speed. He runs out of a lot of tackles. Cutting and running out of tackles in important. He also blocks well. His main big plays are on short passes, not from straight running plays

It doesn't add up that Fant can visit another school but Calloway and Eno can't

I'll reiterate what I posted above.

The visit to NE was unofficial, not sure how that is viewed vs an official visit by the staff. Fant never took an official visit anywhere after committing. Also, Fant seemed to be forthcoming with his intentions to visit the other schools and why. This might not the be case with Eno.

I'll reiterate what I posted above.

The visit to NE was unofficial, not sure how that is viewed vs an official visit by the staff. Fant never took an official visit anywhere after committing. Also, Fant seemed to be forthcoming with his intentions to visit the other schools and why. This might not the be case with Eno.

I read Eno took unofficial visits to Arizona State and Mizzou and not officials. I don't know why an unofficial or official visit makes a difference with a player like ENO

I read Eno took unofficial visits to Arizona State and Mizzou and not officials. I don't know why an unofficial or official visit makes a difference with a player like ENO

I do not know if Eno's visits were official or not. Let's put it this way, 247 has nothing in Eno's timeline about visiting either school officially or unofficially. However, there is enough information out there that he did indeed go to both of these locations. I'll let you connect the dots on if these visits were openly communicated to the Iowa staff.

I do not know if Eno's visits were official or not. Let's put it this way, 247 has nothing in Eno's timeline about visiting either school officially or unofficially. However, there is enough information out there that he did indeed go to both of these locations. I'll let you connect the dots on if these visits were openly communicated to the Iowa staff.

An ASU twitter handle claims he Officially visited for the UCLA game a couple weeks ago.

Exactly right. Kirk is here to stay. Don't be dumb. People can whine and cry all they want. So a kid decommitted. So what, better for him and us. We don't know whether he would have panned out here or not. We have some good running back talent coming up. I understand Iowa stating if they offer it is 100% guaranteed. We don't pull any Michigan crap as far as I know and pull offers after kids are committed. So we don't pull offers, even when kids get hurt, so why should we let kids continue to play footsie with other schools after they commit. we can't find a bunch of kids on the last day if all the sudden they flip days before signing day.

Actually we have pulled multiple offers . . . some in January. An Illinois QB had his offer pulled. A Florida cornerback had his offer pulled and he went to Syracuse instead. There are others.

You say it's 'true' that he took those other visits because the Hawks were embarrassed by NDSU, etc....It's a 'simple' fact? Well, please show us your 'evidence' that it is a fact (you 'do' know what a 'fact' is, don't you?)..........we'll wait.......

Our days of bowing down to a dicke are over. Feel free to wait until hell freezes over for that to change.

I found this video of you, good work.

Our days of bowing down to a dicke are over. Feel free to wait until hell freezes over for that to change.

So...am I the dick, or Ickehawk? I don't care either way; just trying to understand.

Maybe it's both.

Wait... I saw what you did there. Sorry.

We don't know the story? You got sources?
On whether other kids are going to jump ship or not? Just wait we'll have to see. I'm not rooting for it but if you can't hear the flushing of this season going down the toilet then I can't help you. Those recruits sure are. If Iowa holds on to the rest of this class as is I'll be shocked.

Don't give me any "we can't get the talent other teams get" B.S. Our coach obviously has a lot to do with that.

There is absolutely no reason we can't recruit at least at the level of Wiscy or Nebraska. Nebraska hasn't been to a major bowl in 15 years and is a less populated area. We recruited better than Wiscy for about 20 years when Hayden was here.

Latest posts