Here's What I Wrote on Eno

Well, we just dropped from 24th to 35th in recruiting rankings and that's before Calloway is off the board, fwiw.

Riddle me this dead teamster:

What do apologists and KF have in common?

Neither one can figure out when or why they are losing!

Last edited:
This will give you an idea of what Kirk expects from someone that hasn't even signed a LOI.
Cozebw1XEAAPyFM.jpg

Thanks for posting. That's actually pretty cool.

Both of you guys can argue all you want, but the simple fact of the matter is he wouldn't be taking other visits if we hadn't been embarrassed by NDSU, Rutgers, Northwestern, Purdue, and Wisconsin. Do I like it...No. Is it true regardless of which one of you two is correct...Yep.

But I don't go psychotic over nor make my living on 18 year old kids playing a game, so maybe you guys see things differently than I do.

I love Iowa football and I always will. I'll keep following the program and going to games until I'm not able to. But at the end of the day, Iowa is an average to periodically above average football team. Even in the Fry years there were just as many turds as there were good ones. The problem with the Iowa fan base is that we've come so close to greatness on a couple occasions that we expect it on a regular basis, or even worse become deluded and actually think this program really is one of the greats. It's not. We are not Michigan, Alabama, or Ohio State. Add social media and and the rock star status that these 17 year-olds get and it's easy to see that we most likely never will be. They go where the fame is, plain and simple.

You can come online and rage all you want, armchair QB all you want, and tell the holy gods that are HawkeyeNation posters how bad the coaching is all you want. But you're going to get is disappointed. Take a f'n breath, folks. You're grown ass men arguing on the internet over where some high school kid is going to college. Let that sink in for a minute.

Think Dean touched on this but seems was taking a visit before we even lost. So if a guy thinks he is greatness then he should be able to elevate the program. We just came off an undefeated year. Seems fickle to me if it is just the losses factoring in and we have not been blown away by anyone.
Actually we have pulled multiple offers . . . some in January. An Illinois QB had his offer pulled. A Florida cornerback had his offer pulled and he went to Syracuse instead. There are others.

I would need to see names as I don't know generalities. Did they commit and then take visits? In the case of the Illinois kid, he had a very lackluster senior year, like borderline terrible. I am sure when offering early there is a performance expectation (with film review).

On whether other kids are going to jump ship or not? Just wait we'll have to see. I'm not rooting for it but if you can't hear the flushing of this season going down the toilet then I can't help you. Those recruits sure are. If Iowa holds on to the rest of this class as is I'll be shocked.

If you feel you are great and a leader and can upgrade the team, then you stick with your commitment. You don't run just because the team loses just as a sole reason.

I would need to see names as I don't know generalities. Did they commit and then take visits? In the case of the Illinois kid, he had a very lackluster senior year, like borderline terrible. I am sure when offering early there is a performance expectation (with film review).

Let's hope none of our recruits have a performance expectation re: the H.C.

If you feel you are great and a leader and can upgrade the team, then you stick with your commitment. You don't run just because the team loses just as a sole reason.
Lots of adults feel that way sure. But to a 16 17 18 yr old kid it's just not necessarily reality. They care about winning, chances for them to be on a big stage to propel their stock for the next level, girls, weather, geography, (close to home) girls, And probably more girls and not necessarily in that order...

This conversation is so stupid, but a verbal is more akin to casually dating.
This is incorrect. The coaches make it clear to the recruit that he should not accept the offer if he is looking around to other schools. He can accept the offer at a later date if it is still available. At least in may cases.

I do not know if Eno's visits were official or not. Let's put it this way, 247 has nothing in Eno's timeline about visiting either school officially or unofficially. However, there is enough information out there that he did indeed go to both of these locations. I'll let you connect the dots on if these visits were openly communicated to the Iowa staff.

That's why you need to check more than one site. Rivals shows he visited Missouri on 9/16/16 and Arizona State on 10/7/16. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/635

The 247 Crystal Ball also has him as 80% Iowa as of the time of this post 9:40pm 10/24/16.

True, but I'm fairly certain if the Hawks were 8-0 or 7-1 right now we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I agree with this because fans are fickle and if Eno and Calloway were doing this and Iowa was 8-0 the fans would be standing firmly behind KF. It instead would be a conversation about how self centered kids are today.

That's why you need to check more than one site. Rivals shows he visited Missouri on 9/16/16 and Arizona State on 10/7/16. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/635

The 247 Crystal Ball also has him as 80% Iowa as of the time of this post 9:40pm 10/24/16.

Makes you wonder, because how would kid ever visit a school and not have photos or word get out. It just gets down to do not commit unless you are done with visits. Not hard to understand or follow.

Lots of adults feel that way sure. But to a 16 17 18 yr old kid it's just not necessarily reality. They care about winning, chances for them to be on a big stage to propel their stock for the next level, girls, weather, geography, (close to home) girls, And probably more girls and not necessarily in that order...

Some where in there I would hope they care about their education also. In terms of weather, so the NFL doesn't play outdoors in the north in the winter?

Something else about Fry: He owned Wisky & Northwestern & Iowa State while he was coach. Can someone name for me one program Kirk has owned during his tenure?

So the 3 programs you named didn't make any changes to get better since Fry was coach?? If you say no you are delusional.

Latest posts