Here's What I Wrote on Eno

"Not all recruits should be created equal."

Wow. That would really get you the respect of all your players. Different rules for players based on the number of stars the have?

Wow. That would really get you the respect of all your players. Different rules for players based on the number of stars the have?

Do you even know how the real world works outside of Cuba? Does everyone at your company make the same salary and get treated equally? Google recruits employees, do you think they all get the same promises?

Last edited:
Yeah cuz you'd be okay with letting your fiancée spend the weekend with other guys while engaged to you. A lot of posters rip KF for no accountability but when it comes to a 4 star recruit you've willing to show you have no integrity to the players you've already recruited or have playing for you now.

This conversation is so stupid, but a verbal is more akin to casually dating.

You do know that Iowa tells it's commits that if they visit other schools they will pull the offer, right? That is the reason, Eno lied to them, took two visits and the staff wasn't having it. They don't think they can trust him, so they cut bait now instead of getting "Higdon'd" at the last minute.

No. I wasn't aware of that policy. Please enlighten me. :)

You're writing what you're reading elsewhere, Dean. It's not fact.

These things rarely are black and white and normally there are two sides to a story with the truth falling somewhere in the middle.

The coaches are making a judgement based on experience. I get that. They don't feel the kid is all in. Is he? None of us know that. He may not know that until signing day.

The coaches didn't want to risk it based on their read on the situation. That's their call. It's not a fact.

If you're a true blue-blood (OSU, Michigan, Alabama), you have leverage to strong-arm/negotiate with a stud recruit.

At Iowa, you simply do not/cannot.

I'm not sure you're aware of this, but it's 2016. 4* and 5* recruits expect a certain level of treatment. If they don't get it, they go elsewhere. It's called supply and demand. KF seems to think that it's 1972, and all of his recruits will get crew cuts and scream, "YES SIR!" while doing up-downs, and that just ain't happening any more.

The only guarantee is that Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer are laughing their a** off at this because they know that Iowa isn't going to compete with them any time soon. In fact, I wouldn't be that surprised if we get to see Eno for four years in the maize and blue run roughshod over Iowa's gritty 2* scrappers.

It is a loooong time till signing day. If this was gonna happen, better now than later.

It's not good.

That said, we could have the love child of Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson in the backfield and Greggy would still be calling the plays....and imo...that's worse than losing a recruit...and also a big part of the reason we can't get get recruits.

I'm not sure you're aware of this, but it's 2016. 4* and 5* recruits expect a certain level of treatment. If they don't get it, they go elsewhere. It's called supply and demand. KF seems to think that it's 1972, and all of his recruits will get crew cuts and scream, "YES SIR!" while doing up-downs, and that just ain't happening any more.

The only guarantee is that Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer are laughing their a** off at this because they know that Iowa isn't going to compete with them any time soon. In fact, I wouldn't be that surprised if we get to see Eno for four years in the maize and blue run roughshod over Iowa's gritty 2* scrappers.

Lol those guys don't even waste their time thinking about this joke of a coach or dumpster fire of a program......

What an archaic, overzealous philosophy. If I'm a kid and have free trips to college campuses across the country, I'm making those trips

If you wanted to take other trips, why commit then?

Iowa didn't trick Eno, they didn't force him to commit, he had plenty of options. If he wanted free trips he should have taken them and then decided. That is all Iowa ask is if you say you are coming, then you don't take visits to other schools. Pretty simple.

Iowa didn't trick Eno, they didn't force him to commit, he had plenty of options. If he wanted free trips he should have taken them and then decided. That is all Iowa ask is if you say you are coming, then you don't take visits to other schools. Pretty simple.
So why would he recruit other players to come to Iowa if he wasn't wanting to stay committed? Seems like a busch league move to treat other players and friends like that. It is the same thing as asking your best friend to move across the nation and then move out right after you unloaded the truck.

No. I wasn't aware of that policy. Please enlighten me. :)

You're writing what you're reading elsewhere, Dean. It's not fact.

These things rarely are black and white and normally there are two sides to a story with the truth falling somewhere in the middle.

The coaches are making a judgement based on experience. I get that. They don't feel the kid is all in. Is he? None of us know that. He may not know that until signing day.

The coaches didn't want to risk it based on their read on the situation. That's their call. It's not a fact.

The last official visit the staff knew about from a committed player that they turned a blind eye to and passively said that was "ok" was Karan Higdon. I'm pretty sure the policy has changed, or maybe you can enlighten me to another verbal who has made official visits to other schools and kept their offer.

Rob, let's just say that others who do what you do INSTANLY said after your article about Eno that they were hearing that all was NOT well from the staffs point of view. That the relationship was far from being prepared and they felt that Eno more than likely would never make it to Iowa.

Maybe now that Eno has decomitted the Iowa coaches will re-recruit Eno so that when he commits the second time and doesn't take anymore visits Kirk gets his way .......

This whole thing is bullshit! It is total bullshit to pay some coach top pay in his profession and get mediocre football with mediocre recruits. We could get this same shit for two million a year. Battered wife syndrome = battered HAWKEYE fans syndrome

And that philosophy is going to get us nowhere because kids will catch on and not commit til late in the process and Iowa will already have a class full of 2* players.

It is stupid and reeks of insecurity.

The last official visit the staff knew about from a committed player that they turned a blind eye to and passively said that was "ok" was Karan Higdon. I'm pretty sure the policy has changed, or maybe you can enlighten me to another verbal who has made official visits to other schools and kept their offer.

Rob, let's just say that others who do what you do INSTANLY said after your article about Eno that they were hearing that all was NOT well from the staffs point of view. That the relationship was far from being prepared and they felt that Eno more than likely would never make it to Iowa.

They didn't have much choice with Higdon because it was so late in the process and he held all the leverage. They tried hard to hang on. He flipped. The backup plan was Graham, who, as it turned out, was overmatched at this level. Nothing changed with the policy. Been the same since I can remember and I've covered Iowa football for 20 years.

As I said in my last post, and as Kirk said Tuesday, it's case-by-case decision based on several factors. The coaches evaluate and determine what to do. It's not black and white and completely rigid.

They bailed on Seantrel Henderson when they determined it wasn't worth it even though he had us in his Top 5.

As far as my report last week, Eno said he felt things were well with Iowa. I quoted him as saying as much, he was still a Hawk, that the coaches weren't happy with his visits and the he and they were working on the relationship. As he said last night, the coaches couldn't get over him taking the visits and felt it best to move on. Would have been tough for me to write that last week when it didn't happen until last night.

I talk with "the other people that do what I do" quite often. We share information because it helps all of us to get as close to the truth as possible in what can be a very murky and what is a very fluid process. I think you understand that as someone who follows it as closely as you do.

Latest posts