Here is some spin for ya.

Being happy to be in 6th place says loser mentality
Correct. Hayden Fry would punch you in the mouth for saying that.

The good news is I don’t think anyone is happy with 6th place. I think the OP is pointing out how ironic it is that for how much of a dumpster fire this season has been, we are only a game or so out of 6th place. Just a weird year in the conference overall.

The good news is I don’t think anyone is happy with 6th place. I think the OP is pointing out how ironic it is that for how much of a dumpster fire this season has been, we are only a game or so out of 6th place. Just a weird year in the conference overall.

I would be pretty happy with 6th place right now. I highly doubt we are going to finish 1st after an 0-5 start.

Literally any PG would work. With this team it's not about driving the lane it's about drawing defenders. When Bohannon has a shot he's deadly, when someone gets remotely near being in his face he turtles up like an 8th grader. And to make things worse, when he does feel the heat coming on he launches some of the dumbest shots you'll see in NCAA basketball. I'm sorry to the J-Bo fan boys out there but the kid is entirely one-dimensional. He can drain wide open NBA threes all night, but the reason he's not getting those looks anymore is because coaches know there's no threat up top and they can play right up on him with no risk. They know he isn't driving and there's no Jok to worry about or anyone down low who's a real threat. Watch him get defended and you can see guys smell blood in the water.

I don't 100% disagree with you, he is definitely 1 dimensional. But you just described how nearly every player with a guy in his face shoots. Do Hawkeye fans take issue with Jordan's shot selections? I don't personally. I'm seriously asking the rest of you, because I didn't know that was a thing? I don't know that I've ever said "that's one of the dumbest shots in NCAA basketball to myself" after a Jordan shot...... I want him to shoot it more and he can shoot it from any where on the floor as far as I am concerned. He's scoring more then he did last season and shooting at higher percentage, so your "the reason he's not getting the looks he got last season" doesn't really hold up. Cook is a threat down low isn't he? But you are right, they are guarding him different. Jordan hasn't had a lot of help from the 2 spot or anywhere else IMO - and while Jordan is taking all the heat for poor play, Cook is averaging monster #'s. That has to do with how they are guarding Jordan too IMO. That's not his fault, other teams are trying to take him away and let other people beat them, so far the rest of our team hasn't stepped up enough to do it. And it doesn't matter the offense isn't the over all problem - the D is ...and Jordan isn't very good at it. You'll get no disagreement with me on that.

I don't 100% disagree with you, he is definitely 1 dimensional. But you just described how nearly every player with a guy in his face shoots. Do Hawkeye fans take issue with Jordan's shot selections? I don't personally. I'm seriously asking the rest of you, because I didn't know that was a thing? I don't know that I've ever said "that's one of the dumbest shots in NCAA basketball to myself" after a Jordan shot...... I want him to shoot it more and he can shoot it from any where on the floor as far as I am concerned. He's scoring more then he did last season and shooting at higher percentage, so your "the reason he's not getting the looks he got last season" doesn't really hold up. Cook is a threat down low isn't he? But you are right, they are guarding him different. Jordan hasn't had a lot of help from the 2 spot or anywhere else IMO - and while Jordan is taking all the heat for poor play, Cook is averaging monster #'s. That has to do with how they are guarding Jordan too IMO. That's not his fault, other teams are trying to take him away and let other people beat them, so far the rest of our team hasn't stepped up enough to do it. And it doesn't matter the offense isn't the over all problem - the D is ...and Jordan isn't very good at it. You'll get no disagreement with me on that.
Well to be honest his post didn’t make a whole lot of sense. You said our offense was doing decent and or defense sucked and he replied by saying our PG was one dimensional on offense. He then proceeded to say that the supporting cast around our PG wasn’t giving him much help either.

I’m all for getting another guard, but that is primarily to help with our defense over anything.

To answer your question. Absolutely JBo has taken some horrendous shots this year and that’s usually when he was getting pressure.

About Cook. He is putting up monster numbers because he is very good. He is at the top of every team’s scouting report when they play us. Crean said he was at the top of their scouting report when they played Iowa last year even with Jok. I don’t think he is benefiting much from JBo right now.

As I said at the beginning of the year, you’re never going to want JBo to be your second option for scoring. As both of you have accurately stated he’s one dimensional on offense, and that’s why you want him as a third or maybe even fourth option. Unfortunately with Moss’s struggles early in the year JBo had to try and do more than he really could.

I don't think Bohannon has taken many bad shots at all while being pressured. The only ones I've noticed is his deep pull up 3s in transition, and I've liked those. Although most have come while we've been on a run and I'm not sure he's even made one yet.

I just don't have issues with Jordan's shot selection, I want him to shoot more.
I don't think Bohannon has taken many bad shots at all while being pressured. The only ones I've noticed is his deep pull up 3s in transition, and I've liked those. Although most have come while we've been on a run and I'm not sure he's even made one yet.
Overall I don’t have a big problem with his shot selection. I want him shooting threes so the transition ones are good IMO. He has plenty of range.

If you look at the numbers it is pretty easy to see what is a “bad shot” for Jordan.

16-17: 32.2% 2pt / 41.6% 3pt
17-18: 38.6% 2pt / 43.7% 3pt

Remember those 2pt numbers include layups. That would tell me that any contested 2 point jump shot that he takes is in fact a bad shot. Again as we’ve have noted he’s one dimensional. He should be shooting 3s and wide open layups only. The real issue is we aren’t getting him enough open looks at 3 because we don’t have a good enough supporting cast and the ability to play him off the ball more.

Overall I don’t have a big problem with his shot selection. I want him shooting threes so the transition ones are good IMO. He has plenty of range.

If you look at the numbers it is pretty easy to see what is a “bad shot” for Jordan.

16-17: 32.2% 2pt / 41.6% 3pt
17-18: 38.6% 2pt / 43.7% 3pt

Remember those 2pt numbers include layups. That would tell me that any contested 2 point jump shot that he takes is in fact a bad shot. Again as we’ve have noted he’s one dimensional. He should be shooting 3s and wide open layups only. The real issue is we aren’t getting him enough open looks at 3 because we don’t have a good enough supporting cast and the ability to play him off the ball more.

He does seem to be finishing at the rim better lately. Still a small sample size tho so who knows for sure.

Latest posts