Here is some spin for ya.

I don't 100% disagree with you, he is definitely 1 dimensional. But you just described how nearly every player with a guy in his face shoots. Do Hawkeye fans take issue with Jordan's shot selections? I don't personally. I'm seriously asking the rest of you, because I didn't know that was a thing? I don't know that I've ever said "that's one of the dumbest shots in NCAA basketball to myself" after a Jordan shot...... I want him to shoot it more and he can shoot it from any where on the floor as far as I am concerned. He's scoring more then he did last season and shooting at higher percentage, so your "the reason he's not getting the looks he got last season" doesn't really hold up. Cook is a threat down low isn't he? But you are right, they are guarding him different. Jordan hasn't had a lot of help from the 2 spot or anywhere else IMO - and while Jordan is taking all the heat for poor play, Cook is averaging monster #'s. That has to do with how they are guarding Jordan too IMO. That's not his fault, other teams are trying to take him away and let other people beat them, so far the rest of our team hasn't stepped up enough to do it. And it doesn't matter the offense isn't the over all problem - the D is ...and Jordan isn't very good at it. You'll get no disagreement with me on that.

I would like Jordan to take more than 20 shots a game.....

He and Cook are our best offensive options.....

Jordan seems to be more accurate shooting on the run, off the dribble, before the D is set.....

Jordan is developing a mid-range game, taking it to the basket much better than last season. He has been working on this since the PTL.....

Since the Hawks seldom show a motion offense, there are several times during the game that Jordan is trapped on the perimeter by the opponents best defensive player while the Hawks stand, almost motionless, watching him dribble around attempting to avoid a turnover.....

He is the most potent threat we have on the floor the entire game. He can destroy the opposition when he is on.....

:cool:

If its spin you want...its spin you get...

Iowa's path back to a .500 Big Ten record:

@ Rutgers W (Iowa will be slight underdogs, but this is a winnable game)
Purdue L (Iowa will not win this game)
Wisconsin W (realtimerpi currently says Iowa wins this game by 11. That seems ridiculous, but this is a winnable game)
@ Nebraska W (This is a very likely loss. Nebraska is playing well especially at home. Need a miracle)
Minnesota W (Minnesota is on the verge of imploding after the Reggie Lynch thing.)
@ Penn State W (Revenge game)

Iowa is suddenly 6-6 in the Big Ten

edit - I don't believe for a second any of this will happen, but its not impossible.

PS - Don't glance at Iowa's schedule after the Penn State game. It will not be pretty.

Like your attitude.....

Rutgers will be a tough win, seems like they play us well at Rutgers

I personally believe that we, not only play Purdue very well at Carver, but get the W

Am willing to take the criticism about that.....

Nebraska will be difficult, but definitely a possible win

Not certain about winning at PSU. We certainly owe them and the referees just might call a fair game, perhaps even one-sided like at Illinois.....

To me, 4/5 wins are quite possible. After the disastrous start in the Big, that would be alright

Despite the 18 turnover games, we were still in position to win them at the end.....

For various reasons we did not.....

Team does appear to be establishing an identity, pride and chemistry.....Finally.....

Took a while to blend Luka and Nunge into the lineup, and Jok was more difficult to replace that anticipated.....

Hopeful for a solid game and also a W at Rutgers tonight.....

:cool:

Latest posts