Heard Around the BTN Offices today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageHawkeye
Thanks for the update, Jon. I'm excited to catch the premier of your show!
Any Charissa Thompson sightings yet??

LOL. Nah. I am not sure I would be able to recognize her. I really don't pay attention to that stuff.

Let me help you out.

The chica on the right is not "the" Charissa Thompson.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....:eek:

No way am I driving to and from Chicago 30 times this year...flying in and out same day

Will you be picked up at O'hare by Okeefe4prez's limo with Okeefe4prez decked out in his cardigan sweater prior to going to Ku Gung Fu's Japaneese BBQ restaurant?

Last edited:
No way am I driving to and from Chicago 30 times this year...flying in and out same day

Dude, the weather will get bad in about 8-10 weeks. What are you going to do when the weather gets bad? The BTN studios ain't far from the Casa de OK4P, which ain't far from the Triangle - if you ever get snowed in and want to go on a cougar hunting expedition, you just let me know. If you haven't already negotiated your contract, let me know, I think we need a rider in there saying you have an unlimited budget at Tavern on Rush if you get snowed in - this is gonna be AWESOME.

Will you be picked up at O'hare by Okeef4pres's limo with Okeef4pres decked out in his cardigan sweater prior to going to Ku Gung Fu's Japaneese BBQ restaurant?

Hey Jon or Spank - ban this clown.

First off, I don't have a limo, I travel by chopper only when going to or fro O'Hare.

Second, I don't wear freaking cardigans, only pullovers.

Third, it was freaking vermillion, not crimson, and I only wore it bince I was coming straight from work to the game up in Evanston. Were you at that game, prole? Thought not.

Fourth, it's Gyu Kaku, and it's going to be the best freaking restaurant in Chicago, other than maybe Portillo's.

Dude, the weather will get bad in about 8-10 weeks. What are you going to do when the weather gets bad? The BTN studios ain't far from the Casa de OK4P, which ain't far from the Triangle - if you ever get snowed in and want to go on a cougar hunting expedition, you just let me know. If you haven't already negotiated your contract, let me know, I think we need a rider in there saying you have an unlimited budget at Tavern on Rush if you get snowed in - this is gonna be AWESOME.

Oh there you are. That sure didn't take long.

Tavern on Rush? C'mon. If you were an older man, I'd laff at you for hanging out at the Alumni Club on Division.
Where does Pat Fitzgerald get his drink on? That's where you'll need to force Miller to go. Inside scoop on dentists, and all that.
Big Life. Big Stage. Loud Music. Big Tab. Enlarged Liver. Epic Hangover. Big Ten.

Tavern on Rush? C'mon. If you were an older man, I'd laff at you for hanging out at the Alumni Club on Division.
Where does Pat Fitzgerald get his drink on? That's where you'll need to force Miller to go. Inside scoop on dentists, and all that.
Big Life. Big Stage. Loud Music. Big Tab. Enlarged Liver. Epic Hangover. Big Ten.

Dude, TOR is a block from my casa, which is why it is my number 1 coug spot. Fitzy's prolly drinking around the college cooz up around DePaul. But when my 37 year old buddy showed up at a party with a smoking hot 20 year old gal a week after he found out his old lady was cheating on him, I realized just how much I appreciate the cougs. I thought he was joking about this chick's age, too, but then he told me we had to postpone our FF draft because his girlfriend would only turn 21 once. Proles, it pays to have $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I'm fine with my manhood. I'm sure you are the one driving around in your little red sports car trying to supplement "underdeveloped" areas in your life.

Sure you are pal. That's why you are referencing Prince songs buried deep in your subconscious and making references to another man's genitalia size. I'm sure you're the tough guy who would beat somebody up just for insinuating you were gay, just to show everyone how un-gay you were.

Sure you are pal. That's why you are referencing Prince songs buried deep in your subconscious and making references to another man's genitalia size. I'm sure you're the tough guy who would beat somebody up just for insinuating you were gay, just to show everyone how un-gay you were.

Nope. Went to my brother-in-laws gay marriage last year. Also hung out with a gay couple Memorial Day Weekend that were up at my friends cabin at the same time. I'm fine with it.

BTW you do a very nice job of remaining calm... you make it look like you've been in the end zone before... but don't think for a second that all of Hawkeye Nation doesn't know that you still giggle yourself to sleep each night thinking about this opportunity.

I say a prayer of thanks every day. When its something that's 95% in the ballpark of what you always wanted to do, yet you didn't have to spend 15 years in Bowbells, SD TV market to get there, it's even sweeter ;)

Congrats Jon............you have paid your dues, starting with 'Miller Time' emails, providing Hawk news long before the blog, tweeter days. :)

Good luck and GO HAWKS!!!

I say a prayer of thanks every day. When its something that's 95% in the ballpark of what you always wanted to do, yet you didn't have to spend 15 years in Bowbells, SD TV market to get there, it's even sweeter ;)

Don't dismiss Bowbells, home of Les Jepsen.

"I talked to a few friends from IC(one works for the college) and they had vastly different opinions about the O-line. They pretty much said the offense couldn't create gaps unless they were matched against the third string. This is vastly different from a don't worry about it statement. My buddy was very worried."

Hey can someone elaborate on this perhaps? seems interesting, i'd like to take b10 person's take much more, but opinions are like A holes sometimes, we all got one and they all stink LOL

the above mentioned quote isn't the first time i've heard this...... thoughts anyone???

and last but certainly not least-- more props to ya Jon--- i listen to you all the time on 1040 for sound off--- i don't catch your morning show cause it's just too early LOL seriously though, nothing against the miller and "partner" show from 4-7---but you guys should switch time slots!!!

Latest posts