Hawks look to start win streak of one at Breslin game thread

If you showed me just the 3 point shooting...and JW stat line....I wouldn't have believed we were within 20.

having a 10 point lead in the 2nd makes the loss tougher, but hell if an effort.

Joe....please find your mojo again man. We need ya.

Not so fast

giphy.gif

The good:
-Connor
-Toussaint hit a couple more jump shots and did a pretty decent job harassing Winston
-Kriener
-Pemsl actually played well again (despite the awful turnover)

The bad:
-Joe Wieskamp (no confidence)
-Fran struggled in this one I thought. Should have got Kriener back in there over Pemsl inside two minutes. Didn’t draw up anything to get Garza something late. Also let Toussaint disappear on the bench again.

If you showed me just the 3 point shooting...and JW stat line....I wouldn't have believed we were within 20.

having a 10 point lead in the 2nd makes the loss tougher, but hell if an effort.

Joe....please find your mojo again man. We need ya.

CJF coming back will make his life easier

We need much more than Luka the only scoring threat

To Win

Connor was very good tonight but he cannot carry the load

We were depleted severely with a healthy Freddy

With Freddy on the bench and JoeW really off his game

Things are

Rather Dim

At this point I think Fran needs to re-examine the minutes Joe W is getting the kid is a liability out there a majority of the time. He's completely lost all confidence and there's little anyone can do to get the kid to pull his head out. He looks so uncomfortable shooting out there it's pointless to show confidence in the kid. Bench him bring him in off the bench play him 12 min a game and be done with it.

I called the spread at 8-1/2 but thot Hawks would lose 85-69.

We’re it not for some Mc-GAFF-reys with the lineup and another “suck-balls” road showing by JoeW, Hawks mightve limped out with the prize belt.

As is, they got the push and showed better than expected. No harm done with this expected loss.

He's just mentally weak.

He's struggling with his shot and confidence, no doubt Especially on the road. I'm not ready to call him mentally weak just yet though.

He's 6' 6", and he's gotta keep shooting from outside even when cold. The form is good, if not great. He cant dribble drive unless his shot is falling. He also needs to put on a little muscle yet...bodying him really throws him off

I just really hope we get the next 2 at home and have a chance at Illinois to win and get a double bye.
That's it...you're not playing for anything else. Now we are good enough with CJ in and even a moderately effective Weiskamp to beat anyone and win the conference tourney

At this point I think Fran needs to re-examine the minutes Joe W is getting the kid is a liability out there a majority of the time. He's completely lost all confidence and there's little anyone can do to get the kid to pull his head out. He looks so uncomfortable shooting out there it's pointless to show confidence in the kid. Bench him bring him in off the bench play him 12 min a game and be done with it.

And play...Pemsl or Ash more?

Without CJF...you play JW and tell him to start shooting more outside...he's 6'6" and needs to pull the trigger until he finds it.

Wieskamp didnt shoot a single shot tonight that looked like it had a chance to go in the second after it left his hand. Every single one of his shots were god awful.

Latest posts