Hawks look to start win streak of one at Breslin game thread

...and physically - approaching Mike Gesell levels in terms of getting stuffed on drives and out-muscled on boards. Thing is...he’s got 5 inches on MG!:eek: So, he’s pretty weak, all around relatively speaking.
This is one of the reasons he will never play in the NBA.

After this game I'm confident that there isnt a single team in the conference that is better than us with CJ available.

Healthy CJ AND Jo-Bo?! Joe -W(ho)? Doesn’t matter...got it covered.

Ya seeing what I’m seeing, Luka? BlackJack-(20)21, Baby!

So your answer is just let the kid continue to flounder in hopes he figures it out? I think we've been doing that like the last 8 games and we are still winning.
Yeah. That’s what I said. Not that difficult.
He can still play defense. And if he’s floundering and we’re still winning then your point of sitting him is ridiculous.

Your solution is to play Ash? BE?
Iowa’s defense just got a lot worse and you’d be on here complaining about it.

The good:
-Connor
-Toussaint hit a couple more jump shots and did a pretty decent job harassing Winston
-Kriener
-Pemsl actually played well again (despite the awful turnover)

The bad:
-Joe Wieskamp (no confidence)
-Fran struggled in this one I thought. Should have got Kriener back in there over Pemsl inside two minutes. Didn’t draw up anything to get Garza something late. Also let Toussaint disappear on the bench again.
Toussaint had four fouls. That probably cut into his minutes a bit.

Toussaint had four fouls. That probably cut into his minutes a bit.

Yea...makes sense in a winnable game to leave Backarry Evlyn in cuz the better guard has a foul to give.:rolleyes:

Ya play your best players - especially during crucial stretches and crunch time - until they wear out or foul out. Then AND ONLY THEN do you rely on what is left and hope for the best.

Classic over-coaching / over-thinking that is typical Fran McGAFFrey personnel management.

Play to ALWAYS win today - even just every 4 minutes - until you are forced to change. When you do it by choice, you’re basically cutting off your nose.

It’s just plain dumb to bet on the come!

Got to give Sparty credit they hit shots and played better defense in the 2nd half. We just didnt hit enough shots and when you're on road in this league this year you need to be hitting on all cylinders and we weren't. Joe W will be back. He's hit a rough stretch but has enough talent to turn it around. Right now I see opposing teams really up into him and he will adjust. The other thing he will work on is hitting shots off the dribble. I don't see that as part of his game right now. I suppose the scouting report is all about being physical with him on the perimeter and not much concern about his driving abilities.

I called the spread at 8-1/2 but thot Hawks would lose 85-69.

We’re it not for some Mc-GAFF-reys with the lineup and another “suck-balls” road showing by JoeW, Hawks mightve limped out with the prize belt.

As is, they got the push and showed better than expected. No harm done with this expected loss.

stop piling on after a very tough competitive game. You are too predictable.

The refs were not the issue here guys. We fell apart down the stretch.
Or, MSU turned it up, as they often do toward the end, and won a hard fought game at home after two consecutive losses in East Lansing. And, you are dead wrong. The officiating tipped the game, as it typically does in Izzo’s favor at home.

Or, MSU turned it up, as they often do toward the end, and won a hard fought game at home after two consecutive losses in East Lansing. And, you are dead wrong. The officiating tipped the game, as it typically does in Izzo’s favor at home.
But that’s not what happened. I mean MSU was playing hard all half Iowa was just still running their offense. Iowa ran terrible half court offense down the stretch and it cost them them the game.

Latest posts