Hawks Land 4-star RB

I'm never one to turn away a 4 star recruit, but I'd be much happier if he was a receiver or safety.

thanks for 'keepin' it real' for the common folk of IA......let's hope D1 schools who watched and expressed interested factored what you have revealed into their offers/interest.

this board is incredible - iowa give you something to give you something to be happy about, and seemingly a majority is finding fault with that too.

I didn't say he was bad. He wasn't that highly recruited either. If you don't like it so be it. It's just that Vianney is not a football hotbed here. In the St. Louis area only they are ranked 19th in football. They're not even on the radar in state rankings.

I am Des Moines Iowa native and in keepin it real for Iowa folk, there is more athletic talent in the St. Louis metro area alone then the entire state of Iowa.

130421_RIVALS_STLOUIS_0011_8667909393_O150.JPG

Maybe he can improve that 40 time if he gets off the weed.

I give up saying anything about recruits. I once said something and got grilled for it, which btw i dont think that recruit all you were creaming over, has ever seen a snap.
I do worry about this kids forty time, given those numbers are most likely in minimal clothing. Not to say he cant be great, just hard to project with limited info.

I give up saying anything about recruits. I once said something and got grilled for it, which btw i dont think that recruit all you were creaming over, has ever seen a snap.
I do worry about this kids forty time, given those numbers are most likely in minimal clothing. Not to say he cant be great, just hard to project with limited info.

If you can't say something nice about an Iowa recruit on an Iowa message board, then this is probably the best way to go.

I didn't say he was bad. He wasn't that highly recruited either. If you don't like it so be it. It's just that Vianney is not a football hotbed here. In the St. Louis area only they are ranked 19th in football. They're not even on the radar in state rankings.

I am Des Moines Iowa native and in keepin it real for Iowa folk, there is more athletic talent in the St. Louis metro area alone then the entire state of Iowa.

Guy on the other site from O'Fallon who says he has seen all the good ones in the St Louis area said he liked him better than OSU's Elliott , a frosh rb who is a stud and some others who have gone on to good careers.. So everyone has an opinion. Scouting is not an exact science.

Guy on the other site from O'Fallon who says he has seen all the good ones in the St Louis area said he liked him better than OSU's Elliott , a frosh rb who is a stud and some others who have gone on to good careers.. So everyone has an opinion. Scouting is not an exact science.

Again, not saying this kid is bad. He has great stats for the year. He just hasn't played against the best competition week in and week out. There is one really good team he played against (CBC) and he averaged 3.6 yards a carry. He did have 201 yards in a district win last night. It was also on 34 carry's and against a team that was 4-6 on the year.

As I stated in my original post yesterday, I am glad Iowa is keeping the pipeline to St. Louis open. There are several good players in this area.

Again, not saying this kid is bad. He has great stats for the year. He just hasn't played against the best competition week in and week out. There is one really good team he played against (CBC) and he averaged 3.6 yards a carry. He did have 201 yards in a district win last night. It was also on 34 carry's and against a team that was 4-6 on the year.

As I stated in my original post yesterday, I am glad Iowa is keeping the pipeline to St. Louis open. There are several good players in this area.

Great player have phenomenal games against bad teams, and good games against great teams. Every great player to play RB in the history of the state of Missouri played some games against really bad teams. Smith had statistically, the greatest game anyone in the history of the state has ever had...ever. He plays good competition. It's not great, but it is good. I would be impressed if he had 541 yards in an 8 man game in Montana.

Yahoo has Smith's 40 listed as 4.65.... Ferentz is gonna love him (and play him before a more explosive back)... See Weisman...

thanks for 'keepin' it real' for the common folk of IA......let's hope D1 schools who watched and expressed interested factored what you have revealed into their offers/interest.

this board is incredible - iowa give you something to give you something to be happy about, and seemingly a majority is finding fault with that too.

Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone commenting that has actually seen the guy play.

Emmet Smith ran a 4.65 in high school....I know...he sucked and was too slow.

Speed is nice but I want someone who can see the holes and has the agility to take advantage of them, like Montee Ball or James White. Hope this kid can do that.

Speed is nice but I want someone who can see the holes and has the agility to take advantage of them, like Montee Ball or James White. Hope this kid can do that.

Vision and a quick first step are much more important than straight line speed.

Once there were five-year-old twin boys,
one a pessimist and the other an optimist.
Wondering how two boys who seemed so alike could
be so different, their parents took them to a psychiatrist.

The psychiatrist took the pessimist to a room piled high
with new toys, expecting the boy to be thrilled. But instead
he burst into tears. Puzzled, the psychiatrist asked,
"don't you want to play with these toys?"
"Yes," the little boy bawled,
"but if I did I'd only break them."

Next the psychiatrist took the optimist to a room piled high
with horse manure. The boy yelped with delight, clambered
to the top of the pile, and joyfully dug out scoop after scoop,
tossing the manure into the air with glee.
"What on earth are you doing?" the psychiatrist asked.
"Well,â€￾ said the boy, beaming

“There’s got to be a pony in here somewhere!"

Vision and a quick first step are much more important than straight line speed.
And straight line speed can get you a TD in 10 seconds if the runner is ahead of the pack, where as with Smith's speed and KF's offense... there has to be at least 5 first downs, no turnovers, probably no penalties.....

Last edited:

Latest posts