Hawks Land 4-star RB

Met all academic entrance requirements at this stage? There could still be some question there which might also explain the somewhat unusual limited offers since his earlier change of heart with MO.

This is what I heard as well, might have a problem qualifying.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another Rodney Coe deal. Having said that this is a great get for the HAWKS.

Good news...
Anymore, though, I tend not to get excited until I see the kid on the sideline in uniform. (especially when they have that extra * behind their name)

I have a sick feeling in my stomach this is going to turn out to be Rodney Coe v2.0 except Smith isn't a DT trying to be a RB. Lots of crowing out there that this kid is not getting the numbers on his ACT needed to get into school and he has several ACT attempts booked over the next few months to make sure he gets those numbers needed.

However with Mizzou, it sounds like the legitimately turned him down because they were full at RB, not because of his academic standing.

On one hand I'm happy the Hawks landed a 4-star stud RB, but on the other hand I'm saddened that landing a 4-star anything is so rare it warrants it's own thread on a non-recruiting forum.

jumper or someone else almost always posts a new recruit on the football page regardless of star power.

but good job trying to find anything to complain about

Last edited:
I have a sick feeling in my stomach this is going to turn out to be Rodney Coe v2.0 except Smith isn't a DT trying to be a RB. Lots of crowing out there that this kid is not getting the numbers on his ACT needed to get into school and he has several ACT attempts booked over the next few months to make sure he gets those numbers needed.

However with Mizzou, it sounds like the legitimately turned him down because they were full at RB, not because of his academic standing.[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe that Mizzou couldn't find a way to get a four-star RB there. Sounds like there's more to the story going on heree.

On one hand I'm happy the Hawks landed a 4-star stud RB, but on the other hand I'm saddened that landing a 4-star anything is so rare it warrants it's own thread on a non-recruiting forum.

At what point in Iowa football history was a 4 star commit met with a shrug? Never.

jumper or someone else always almost posts a new recruit on the football page regardless of star power.

but good job trying to find anything to complain about

Good job not realizing I'm not one of the complainers. Go ahead and do a forum search and find any post from me calling for KF to be fired. You won't find one, but you will find a couple that indicate Iowa is better this year than I thought they would be.
The simple fact is Iowa - historically - has always had an uphill battle on the recruiting trail (whether some of the more chromosomally challenged fans want to admit it or not) so it's not surprising to hear this kid might have academic issues. But then again so did Shonn Greene and he at least got it together for one awesome year as a starter.

Also, you smell like hobo feet.

Ok, nice commit!

Now let's go get a couple 4* WR's.. Wouldn't hurt to get a highly touted QB, either!

One piece at a time, though. Always nice to see highly rated recruits come to Iowa at ANY position.

Ok, nice commit!

Now let's go get a couple 4* WR's.. Wouldn't hurt to get a highly touted QB, either!

One piece at a time, though. Always nice to see highly rated recruits come to Iowa at ANY position.

We had that 4* WR who is committed to Rutgers visit last Saturday against Wiscy and he basically said afterwards "thanks, I'll keep you in mind". Nice way to say no basically.

That stinks. I can't imagine he was too impressed with the offense.

If it makes you feel any better, what Norwalk said was a pessimistic exaggeration. The closest thing to that was this quote.

"I like Iowa," Jennings said. "I liked everything about it. It definitely gives me something to think about."

That was the worst thing he said.

If its just an ACT score he needs then I think he will get it. There is plenty of help you can get to improve your scores. This is a very good pickup and people just can't be positive about anything right now.

Iowa also has a good chance of getting 4 star OT Brian Wallace from St Louis. One of his best friends is freshman Jonathan Parker.

And they seem to be in the lead for Torey Hendricks the Juco DE. The only visit he has scheduled is Iowa and he is a high 3 star on Rivals.

This could turn out to be a pretty decent class especially bc I think some of the two star guys will get bumped up when they do their next updates.

If it makes you feel any better, what Norwalk said was a pessimistic exaggeration. The closest thing to that was this quote.

"I like Iowa," Jennings said. "I liked everything about it. It definitely gives me something to think about."

It is so unlike people here to be overly negative.

Well that definitely paints a different picture. Yeah, that does actually make me feel better. Thanks for sharing.

This is what I heard as well, might have a problem qualifying.

Do you ever get anything right? He is waiting for his ACT score because he only recently took the test. This clearly does NOT indicate he will have a problem qualifying. Try waiting until info becomes available before you start running your mouth. thank you.

Latest posts