Hawks cant handle illinois fans in carver

I've been on a couple of other message boards (Yahoo for one), especially in response to the author for the Indianapolis Star who I think had the best article on this Orange Krush thing. Not one Illini fan was backing down. So neither did I.

The general consensus post was, "WHEN (not if) we beat you stupid Hawkeyes, that will prove that what the Orange Krush tried to do was right." And they kept pushing that mantra even after the statements from the Orange Krush group themselves and the Illini administration.

So when the game was over, I replied to each one of them: "Since you didn't win, by the same token, does that prove that they - and mostly you - were wrong???"

So far, nothing but crickets. But I am sure that few if any of them have learned a lesson.

I've been on a couple of other message boards (Yahoo for one), especially in response to the author for the Indianapolis Star who I think had the best article on this Orange Krush thing. Not one Illini fan was backing down. So neither did I.

The general consensus post was, "WHEN (not if) we beat you stupid Hawkeyes, that will prove that what the Orange Krush tried to do was right." And they kept pushing that mantra even after the statements from the Orange Krush group themselves and the Illini administration.

So when the game was over, I replied to each one of them: "Since you didn't win, by the same token, does that prove that they - and mostly you - were wrong???"

So far, nothing but crickets. But I am sure that few if any of them have learned a lesson.
Sounds like a couple of our own posters who bashed Iowa and their effort for much of the game thread, then grew alligator arms when it was evident we were going to get our most emotional win of the year.

I ripped our effort six ways from Sunday when we lost to Nebraska, and got off to a slow start vs Indiana. But there was no call for ripping it yesterday. We battled our asses off for that win.

When I was in high school our business teacher took the last 5 minutes of every single class he taught—from accounting 1 & 2 all the way down to a guided studies special ed class where they taught kids how to use a checkbook—and spit out two digit numbers at random and required students to shoot back the change from a dollar.

He’d yell out 37 and point at someone and you had to shoot back 63. No calculator, no using your fingers. Even if you had to sit there for 20 seconds you had to do it in your head. 180 school days of that equals 15 hours. They need to bring simple shit like that back to school.
Please bring back required Civics.

I call BS. Locals in Champaign are all over this against the Krush.

Latest posts