Hawks cant handle illinois fans in carver

Someone needs to get this story out to Dan Patrick to discuss in a segment on his show. I mean, isn't that "wire fraud", which is a federal offense? I think that is the law stated OK4P above.

Damned straight it is wire fraud. Absolute textbook wire fraud. Illinois should apologize on behalf of this student group and offer to make Iowa whole on the cost of the tickets that the school donated.

If Iowa refuses to sell tickets to the group when a good faith purchase is attempted that should be remedied as well.

I was at a Menards about two weeks ago and had the audacity to pay cash. You should have seen the college aged kid 1) give me the look and (probably connected) 2) try to figure out change.

I was nice and didn't ask to speak to his supervisor. I do have the power, however, to not give them any of my business for a while

He's was prob looking at you sideways because you were trying to buy an "answering machine".

Alright, getting some attention. This is going to make Illinois and the Orange Krush look really bad in the end, IMO.

They can buy their own f'in tickets. It's not like they won't be available. Heck, maybe they can even sit next to Margaret, like the Badger fan "guests" of Gary Dolphin have been known to do.

Scalpers should be prowling the grounds on Saturday because they know they can get face value for this one. Students who don't plan to attend should be doing the same thing.

I was at a Menards about two weeks ago and had the audacity to pay cash. You should have seen the college aged kid 1) give me the look and (probably connected) 2) try to figure out change.

I was nice and didn't ask to speak to his supervisor. I do have the power, however, to not give them any of my business for a while
I don’t know if every franchise is this way, but at my local Hardee’s when you pay cash it shows pictures of the individual coins and tells them how many to give you.

so if your change is $0.94 they see this on screen instead of counting it…

[picture of a quarter] X 3
[picture of a dime] X 1
[picture of a nickel] X 1
[picture of a penny] X 4

When I was in high school our business teacher took the last 5 minutes of every single class he taught—from accounting 1 & 2 all the way down to a guided studies special ed class where they taught kids how to use a checkbook—and spit out two digit numbers at random and required students to shoot back the change from a dollar.

He’d yell out 37 and point at someone and you had to shoot back 63. No calculator, no using your fingers. Even if you had to sit there for 20 seconds you had to do it in your head. 180 school days of that equals 15 hours. They need to bring simple shit like that back to school.

They can buy their own f'in tickets. It's not like they won't be available. Heck, maybe they can even sit next to Margaret, like the Badger fan "guests" of Gary Dolphin have been known to do.

Scalpers should be prowling the grounds on Saturday because they know they can get face value for this one. Students who don't plan to attend should be doing the same thing.

I agree. They are a 5013c. Why don't they just call and order them under their organization?

I don’t know if every franchise is this way, but at my local Hardee’s when you pay cash it shows pictures of the individual coins and tells them how many to give you.

so if your change is $0.94 they see this on screen instead of counting it…

[picture of a quarter] X 3
[picture of a dime] X 1
[picture of a nickel] X 1
[picture of a penny] X 4

That is f'ing sad. I also think they prob do that because of many of the refugee, immigrants, undocumented people. Many aren't really familiar with our currency and need the pics I would think.

I agree. They are a 5013c. Why don't they just call and order them under their organization?
They were doing it under the B&G Club as a charity to 1) be funny, and 2) they got a discount. Someone on an Illinois message board said they've been doing it for years. Getting the discount is what makes it fraudulent.

When I was in high school our business teacher took the last 5 minutes of every single class he taught—from accounting 1 & 2 all the way down to a guided studies special ed class where they taught kids how to use a checkbook—and spit out two digit numbers at random and required students to shoot back the change from a dollar.

He’d yell out 37 and point at someone and you had to shoot back 63. No calculator, no using your fingers. Even if you had to sit there for 20 seconds you had to do it in your head. 180 school days of that equals 15 hours. They need to bring simple shit like that back to school.
Heck they could show classic Sesame Street or Schoolhouse Rock reruns and students would learn the basics of adding, subtracting, and counting

That is f'ing sad. I also think they prob do that because of many of the refugee, immigrants, undocumented people. Many aren't really familiar with our currency and need the pics I would think.
I leave for the tropics on the 11th (kicking and screaming of course) and know how to first convert American cash to pesos, then how to count them and what the conversion rate is at that time. You will almost always get better deals when shopping or eating in town if you pay in pesos because the businesses can get them processed through the bank quicker. And the staff at the pool, bartenders and waitresses, will have no problem accepting any pesos you have left over.

The international terminal at O Hare will convert as much american cash to pesos as you wish. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I have no problem learning about the currency in foreign countries. You will get screwed more often paying in american dollars.

I use credit cards in Canada to take advantage of the exchange rate. Card companies sometimes insert a small fee. I come out way ahead. The Camp owners don’t take credit cards. All All US dollars

I leave for the tropics on the 11th (kicking and screaming of course) and know how to first convert American cash to pesos, then how to count them and what the conversion rate is at that time. You will almost always get better deals when shopping or eating in town if you pay in pesos because the businesses can get them processed through the bank quicker. And the staff at the pool, bartenders and waitresses, will have no problem accepting any pesos you have left over.

The international terminal at O Hare will convert as much american cash to pesos as you wish. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I have no problem learning about the currency in foreign countries. You will get screwed more often paying in american dollars.
Honest non-sarcastic question because I've been asked by groups of friends to go...

If you're going to be inside the walls of a resort which pretty much makes it America anyway, wouldn't it be way easier just to go to Padre or Florida or south of San Diego somewhere instead of messing with customs, converting money, etc. I mean Padre is like 100 plus miles of resort towns and it's not like you get to experience a different country since everything down there is 100% gringo-ized.

Maybe it's cheaper overall?

I'll never go because I don't drink and I don't like people, but I was always curious what the allure was of going through all the bullshit just to feel like you're still in the states.

why lie about it? Why not tell the truth.....maybe an Illinois donor would help out with the cost of the tickets. I'm sure a donor or donors would have stepped up if they knew about it.

I'm pretty sure that if 200 Iowa students were trying to raise money to go to a Big Ten road game, I would be inclined to help them out a little bit. I was a student once!

why lie about it? Why not tell the truth.....maybe an Illinois donor would help out with the cost of the tickets. I'm sure a donor or donors would have stepped up if they knew about it.

I'm pretty sure that if 200 Iowa students were trying to raise money to go to a Big Ten road game, I would be inclined to help them out a little bit. I was a student once!
They're a bunch of college punks. They weren't doing it to save money. It's frat boys getting auto debits every month from mom and dad.

They were doing it to be dicks.

I use credit cards in Canada to take advantage of the exchange rate. Card companies sometimes insert a small fee. I come out way ahead. The Camp owners don’t take credit cards. All All US dollars
I can see a few pennies here and there, but how exactly are you coming out "way" ahead? Give us an example for clarity.

It's not like a shirt in Canada has a price of $30CAD and a price in the states of $30USD at the same time.

Honest non-sarcastic question because I've been asked by groups of friends to go...

If you're going to be inside the walls of a resort which pretty much makes it America anyway, wouldn't it be way easier just to go to Padre or Florida or south of San Diego somewhere instead of messing with customs, converting money, etc. I mean Padre is like 100 plus miles of resort towns and it's not like you get to experience a different country since everything down there is 100% gringo-ized.

Maybe it's cheaper overall?

I'll never go because I don't drink and I don't like people, but I was always curious what the allure was of going through all the bullshit just to feel like you're still in the states.
My wife and I went on our honeymoon. It's just a different feel and kind of neat. Yea, one could simply go to Myrtle Beach and other places. But, I do think it is much cheaper going over the border. At least it was fairly inexpensive going back when we went, which was to an all inclusive. I would think the Keys would be a fun place to go.

I can see a few pennies here and there, but how exactly are you coming out "way" ahead? Give us an example for clarity.

It's not like a shirt in Canada has a price of $30CAD and a price in the states of $30USD at the same time.

I think he's saving on the exchange rate for anything he purchases besides the resort bill. This as long as he pays off the CC bill without interest. It would definitely help if the resorts took CC. That would be a noticeable chunk.

Latest posts