Hawkeyes in Mix for 5th Year Forward from Tample?

Is Atwood even interested in Iowa? Seems like his recruiting interest is growing. Which usually means a no-go for Iowa.

Glidinghawk posted in the Next Year thread that according to Dickerson's twitter feed, Atwood has Iowa High on his interest list.

Temple fans think Lee was an underachiever this year, partly due to Dunphy playing him out of position at center. He is a natural power forward.

Neb and ISU probably will pursue him.
At Iowa he can play the 4.
But, if Iowa gets Atwood, we will be full.

If we miss on Atwood, I would not mind having him.

Doesn't really make sense to me if we are bringing in Atwood as I would think we would have

Atwood at the 3.
White at the 4.
Uthoff can play minutes at both and come off the bench.
Woody and Gabe at the 5.

If we are going after him I think it's a bad sign in regards to Atwood and it means more of Aaron White at the 3. Not good.

I'm hoping this just means, assuming Iowa goes after Lee, that Fran is putting out his feelers so that he has multiple options just in case things don't work out with Atwood, rather than putting all of his eggs in one basket. I'm not sure this is necessarily an indication as to how things are going with Atwood, but I could be wrong. Or, maybe Fran knows more than we do - that there could be a outgoing transfer. And no, I don't have any information on anything like that.

Ya know. Uhl picked iowa over temple. Now we have a shot at one of their players transferring.

Atwood would be nice but hard to see if he'd turn Louisville down. He probably wouldn't have to play 31 minutes a game at iowa so maybe and become more efficient.

What Iowa NEEDS MOST is a LEADER on the floor. Someone to bring this team together. There are way too many Indians running around right now. This team would be entirely different if a leader had emerged over the last two years.

Ya know. Uhl picked iowa over temple. Now we have a shot at one of their players transferring.

Atwood would be nice but hard to see if he'd turn Louisville down. He probably wouldn't have to play 31 minutes a game at iowa so maybe and become more efficient.

I guess we will just have to stomp them in the elite 8 then.

So, winning is what matters now? No longer interested in doing things the right way?

Speaking of which... how long before the NCAA starts sniffing around ames. Can't tell me with all this revolving door, boys' town stuff there aren't some "marginal" practices going on.

Then again, this is the campus that was able to keep Troy Davis eligible.

Speaking of which... how long before the NCAA starts sniffing around ames. Can't tell me with all this revolving door, boys' town stuff there aren't some "marginal" practices going on.

djkmug.jpg

So any transfer is the "wrong way"?

Apparently, according to some people. I would ask those same people if they would rather that Matt Bullard and Andre Woolridge had never played for us?

I also like how just because another program is getting talent and having success, that they must be cheating. Ok, fair enough. Maybe Iowa needs to consider playing by the same rules as everyone else, then.

THIS

Apparently, according to some people. I would ask those same people if they would rather that Matt Bullard and Andre Woolridge had never played for us?

I also like how just because another program is getting talent and having success, that they must be cheating. Ok, fair enough. Maybe Iowa needs to consider playing by the same rules as everyone else, then.

Huh...totally forgot Bullard was a transfer. Maybe Fred is onto something?

Not only did they keep Davis eligible but they somehow got tinsley eligible for college.

Seemed like Jamey pollard was against transfers. At least that's what he said anyways.

So, winning is what matters now? No longer interested in doing things the right way?

How exactly would getting Lee be "not doing things the right way." My understanding is the 5th year transfers have to graduate from the school they are at now in order to transfer. So a guy who graduates in 4 years, is a good player, is interested in getting another year out of his college career, and his family now lives in the Quad Cities? By all means, Iowa doesn't want him because "transfers are bad," or whatever.

I was initially not a big fan of players being allowed to transfer to another school after graduating from another institution. But, I say adapt with the times. This philosophy of taking in guys for one year has worked well for Freddy so why not bring in a seasoned player if he can put on a uniform and walk on the court. Could be a nice addition to the roster ...

What Iowa NEEDS MOST is a LEADER on the floor. Someone to bring this team together. There are way too many Indians running around right now. This team would be entirely different if a leader had emerged over the last two years.

Agreed, we also could use the following-

- A 1 that doesn't turn the ball over that actually has an outside shot, can make FT's at least 75/80% of his FT's

- A 2 that can actually make an open 3 and has the ball skills to create their own shot and take a guy off the dribble

- A 3 that has a 15' to 20' jumper or at least will attempt one more than once every few games

- A 4 that can board and run the floor and also has a post move

- A 5 that when he gets the ball in the post doesn't put the ball between his legs and who can take one step and throw it down or at the very least make the 2 foot bunnies at a 90% clip.

Other than that we are good for next year.

Latest posts