Hawkeyes in Mix for 5th Year Forward from Tample?

I'll be pretty ticked if Fran goes after Lee, and Fred ends up snatching him instead.

You can be mad all you want, but if Fred gets involved I would pretty much bank on him going to Lames. Like it or not Fred has made Lames the premiere landing spot for transfers. Gonna be even harder with the giant turd Iowa laid the last couple weeks and the clowns getting a 3 seed and going to the dance for the 3rd year in a row.

This is what I'm worried about. Have seen some Cyclone beat writers already say to expect this guy to be Fred's top priority. Ugh.

I'm not saying I don't miss things from time to time, but who are you referring to? I've seen no mention that we're recruiting him other than message board chatter.

Didn't see this before I posted the same in Recruiting. At least worth a phone call. Would it help or hurt class spacing?

You can be mad all you want, but if Fred gets involved I would pretty much bank on him going to Lames. Like it or not Fred has made Lames the premiere landing spot for transfers. Gonna be even harder with the giant turd Iowa laid the last couple weeks and the clowns getting a 3 seed and going to the dance for the 3rd year in a row.

Yeah, that's a problem. Like it or not, ISU is owning the state right now.

Now I wonder, is anyone hearing/reading anything about Iowa recruiting Lee, or is this just speculation?

Well with Ejim graduating, it probably wouldn't be a hard sell for Fred to tell him he could be the Big 12 player of the year's replacement.

Fran could sell him on...Basabe graduating?

There haven't really been any rumors on that front. It's just that people can easily see that possibility, given Dickerson's impending arrival and Clemmons' general lack of playing time this year.

I realize it's a weak sauce rumor information, Tork...
But I believe someone on here made a comment regarding a web chat Sapp had hosted in which he said he'd be lying if the thought of transferring had never crossed his mind.

My reply was in response to an available scholly comment, and all these rumors are 2nd/3rd hand info. I suppose we'll find out in a few weeks or months.

But I believe someone on here made a comment regarding a web chat Sapp had hosted in which he said he'd be lying if the thought of transferring had never crossed his mind.

My reply was in response to an available scholly comment, and all these rumors are 2nd/3rd hand info. I suppose we'll find out in a few weeks or months.
Let's assume Sapp leaves and this frees up a ride.. What type player would we use it on.

I saw that web chat post, too. I thought that was from awhile back, though. In any case, there hasn't been anything more recent than that sounds like he's considering it. But I do think he probably will, for the sake of playing time.

I'd be surprised if Iowa State were heavily involved, just based on need but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a transfer situation.

Doesn't really make sense to me if we are bringing in Atwood as I would think we would have

Atwood at the 3.
White at the 4.
Uthoff can play minutes at both and come off the bench.
Woody and Gabe at the 5.

If we are going after him I think it's a bad sign in regards to Atwood and it means more of Aaron White at the 3. Not good.

I wouldn't mind the get but I don't think it would necessarily help as much as it sounds. This would probably cause white to have to stay at the 3. Which we have seem how that stagnates our half court offense. And we are losing a great outside scorer that makes up for white's limits at the 3 and this won't. Plus we have basabe who is our best post up offensive player right now and he rarely gets the ball in the post. I think we would be better off going after a 3 that can either start or back up. I think Uthoff is the guy at 3 but after him we are sparse. I want the team to play more of the offense we saw white's frosh yr with outside shooting from the 2 (jok/oglesby), pg that can penetrate and keep everyone involved (gesell), pf with a 15 ft jumper that can slash (white), then mix in an upgrade offensively at the small forward, and just an all around upgrade at center with those two and I like what we have.

Yeah, that's a problem. Like it or not, ISU is owning the state right now.

Now I wonder, is anyone hearing/reading anything about Iowa recruiting Lee, or is this just speculation?

Agreed. Haven't heard anything as to whether Iowa is recruiting. I would hope so.

I'm sure Fred has already called. And flashed his NBA rolodex.

Probably not so much the rolodex , as now having a track record of players and teams having very successful seasons upon transferring. Pretty long list at this point that can vouch how well it worked for them.

You also need a pretty strong locker room if you bring transfers, different animal vs freshmen. A guy like Kane seems like he could make a lot of waves, but just the opposite seemed to happen.

Doesn't really make sense to me if we are bringing in Atwood as I would think we would have

Atwood at the 3.
White at the 4.
Uthoff can play minutes at both and come off the bench.
Woody and Gabe at the 5.

If we are going after him I think it's a bad sign in regards to Atwood and it means more of Aaron White at the 3. Not good.

Is Atwood even interested in Iowa? Seems like his recruiting interest is growing. Which usually means a no-go for Iowa.

Latest posts