Hawkeyes in Mix for 5th Year Forward from Tample?

Apparently, according to some people. I would ask those same people if they would rather that Matt Bullard and Andre Woolridge had never played for us?

I also like how just because another program is getting talent and having success, that they must be cheating. Ok, fair enough. Maybe Iowa needs to consider playing by the same rules as everyone else, then.

Adam Haluska.

Per Jeff Goodman's Twitter, Sources told ESPN that Iowa St, Illinois, Indiana, and Marquette are in the mix

Maryland, Iowa, Butler, Ole Miss, St John's, Providence, Seton Hall and Arizona are recruiting him as well per Goodman

Yeah, there is zero chance we are landing this guy now. WOW!! WAY too many schools after him. I'd put about 10 of those schools ahead of Iowa. ISU the most likely probably. Guess it was just a pipe dream. UGH!!!! Full court press on Atwood now!

Yeah, there is zero chance we are landing this guy now. WOW!! WAY too many schools after him. I'd put about 10 of those schools ahead of Iowa. ISU the most likely probably. Guess it was just a pipe dream. UGH!!!! Full court press on Atwood now!

How do you think there are 10 schools ahead of Iowa and at the same time think isu is in the lead?

How do you think there are 10 schools ahead of Iowa and at the same time think isu is in the lead?

deandre-kane.jpg

Huh...totally forgot Bullard was a transfer. Maybe Fred is onto something?

So were Val Barnes and Kevin Gamble the guy that took us to our last elite 8. I don't get the looking down on transfers deal, some of my all time favorites are transfers.

I don't follow your logic, are you saying Iowa is not as good as every other team on that list?

You can be mad all you want, but if Fred gets involved I would pretty much bank on him going to Lames. Like it or not Fred has made Lames the premiere landing spot for transfers. Gonna be even harder with the giant turd Iowa laid the last couple weeks and the clowns getting a 3 seed and going to the dance for the 3rd year in a row.

I hear ya. ISU is just plain good.

What I don't like, however, is that three of ISU's important transfers in recent years have been players who have been DISMISSED from other programs. Kinda makes you go hmmmm....

So were Val Barnes and Kevin Gamble the guy that took us to our last elite 8. I don't get the looking down on transfers deal, some of my all time favorites are transfers.

Did Gamble or Barnes spit on an opposing fan? Steal from a dorm room? Get kicked off a team for smoking too much weed? Did either lead the NCAA in technical fouls?

I don't follow your logic, are you saying Iowa is not as good as every other team on that list?

Better programs, yes. Iowa State is the most logical choice because they are the landing spot for the best transfers and now have the success to prove it.

Last edited:
Uthoff, Gabe, White, Woody and Uhl will be a front line with which you can find a way to succeed.

MG, Jok, JO, Sapp and Ellingson is not a backcourt with which you can succeed.

So, Let's HOPE DICKERSON IS THE KEY!

MG has no penetration scoring ability or entry pass ability. He is an off-the-bench high energy combo guard - Think Vinny Johnson.

Jok's bball IQ is way too low. Who knows if he will ever develop, but he is so far away that thinking it can happen next year is not realistic.

JO is a decent #4 in the backcourt rotation. Bring him in and if he doesn't hit his first shot. Turn off the green light, put on the red and tell him to play decent D and not turn the ball over to give your first three guards a rest.

Sapp plays the position the MG should play, Sapp should play it at a non-major level.

Ellingson is a JO replicant. If he is better than JO, he makes JO expendable. If not, he is redundant and should probably be redshirted.

Seriously, if there is a one and done he desperately needs to be backcourt! Dickerson and a true physical scoring 2 would be great. Then let MG come off the bench and create havoc by going 150% for brief stretches.

Last edited:
How exactly would getting Lee be "not doing things the right way." My understanding is the 5th year transfers have to graduate from the school they are at now in order to transfer. So a guy who graduates in 4 years, is a good player, is interested in getting another year out of his college career, and his family now lives in the Quad Cities? By all means, Iowa doesn't want him because "transfers are bad," or whatever.

Exactly. Most of the people saying stuff about transfers are probably trolling ISU fans. If you are an Iowa fan who is too stupid to realize the difference in a graduate who wants to play here his 5th year and a guy who got kicked off his previous team for legal problems or being a thug, then please don't wear Iowa apparel in public. I don't want people to lump me in the same category as you.

Latest posts