Hawkeyes Believe Offense Close to Breaking Through

RobHowe

Administrator
Iowa's offense has been marred by inconsistency this season. The Hawkeyes think they're close to breaking through:

LINK

We've replaced two senior tackles with two freshmen. Iowa can't continue to force AW to run between the tackles unless they spread the field with 3 wide or 4 wide formations.

And according to the NW game plan, BF isn't considering that option. I expect the offense to break down even more, before I expect a "break through."

I think it will work this time....................I think it will work this time....................I think it will work this time...................I think it will work this time...................I think it will work this time...................I think it will work this time...................I think it will work this time...................I think it will work this time...................I think it will work this time.

INSANITY!!

Iowa's offense has been marred by inconsistency this season. The Hawkeyes think they're close to breaking through:

LINK

We've replaced two senior tackles with two freshmen. Iowa can't continue to force AW to run between the tackles unless they spread the field with 3 wide or 4 wide formations.

And according to the NW game plan, BF isn't considering that option. I expect the offense to break down even more, before I expect a "break through."

The two tackles get schooled at times for sure. We were going to have two new guys next year if not this year with the injuries. Reminds of the year Scherff and Donnal (think that was the other tackle back then) went down in the same game within plays of each other.

isn't this the offense that had a 5'10" FB playing running back for three years?

lol... yeah the ferentzs know how to get an offense clicking alright

Surprised this article wasn't met with more positive feedback. Bunch of Debbie Downers.

It's the nature right now on here Rob - the team and coaches aren't given a lot of fuel to refute it. I am very very hopeful that they are indeed close. There is nothing more I'd like then to shut all of these debbie downers down, but it's going to take wins.

I was kidding. I wasn't surprised. ;)

I get it. It's about results now. Hawks have to walk to the walk instead of talk the talk. I'm hoping they're as close as they think. We'll find out.

I was kidding. I wasn't surprised. ;)

I get it. It's about results now. Hawks have to walk to the walk instead of talk the talk. I'm hoping they're as close as they think. We'll find out.
Rob I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I bet you're not much of a believer yourself at this point.

Why would any of us be?

They're 7 games in, and have only 1 strong offensive game so far (ISU). And that's against a schedule with only 2 good defenses (PSU, MSU). And, a coach / staff with a history that screams "offensively challenged".

No one should be holding their breath waiting for the breakthrough.

I expect Wadley to Break Down. Kid is taking a beating.

Rob I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I bet you're not much of a believer yourself at this point.

Why would any of us be?

They're 7 games in, and have only 1 strong offensive game so far (ISU). And that's against a schedule with only 2 good defenses (PSU, MSU). And, a coach / staff with a history that screams "offensively challenged".

No one should be holding their breath waiting for the breakthrough.

I'd say I'm skeptical but hopeful.

hell_freezes_over.jpg

What do you think the players are going to say? That they are going to continue to suck on offense? This offense isn't breaking through anything other than the toilet water when the giant turd it is splashes down.

Latest posts