Here’s Jonny………

I was starting to calm down and just shrug my shoulders and say “awe hell it’s Kirk ball” then I saw this you tube and got angry again………… DAMN!!!!!!

Toward the end Jon was going to make a comment about how he has followed this for twenty-five years but then he got off track and didn’t finish his comment………….. didn’t have to the tone said it all.

Sometimes I can’t help but wonder that Iowa is better off when expectations are low for the season, Then the program has one of those nine or ten win seasons. It’s almost like the coaching staff plays loose and does good.

Then there is the season expectations of high success ( and a couple of us on here commented on this earlier before start up and we have seen it several times) and it’s shit the bed time. Too bad you got distracted there because I know when you are going to cut loose as you started with that twenty year comment and the look on your face. Feelings are mutual brother!!!!!

Jon claimed a few years back, with deep conviction that zone blocking was out dated and that was one of the main reasons why iowa struggled running the ball. The idea that zone blocking is out dated is just not true.

Last edited:
I think there were too many unknowns about the Hawks, going into this season to talk a lot about finishing in the top 12. Early expectations for a team to win 10 or 11 games in this day and age of a whole bunch of parity is really high risk. That said, I still have high hopes for this team.

I think there were too many unknowns about the Hawks, going into this season to talk a lot about finishing in the top 12. Early expectations for a team to win 10 or 11 games in this day and age of a whole bunch of parity is really high risk. That said, I still have high hopes for this team.

It wasn’t so much how over powering we would be but to me it was the extremely favorable schedule. The toughest games with the exception of Ohio State all at home.

We should never have lost this game. Had a thought about if our coaches some times suffer from ADD (attention deficit disorder)…….. not joking. It like they just loose concentration and get lulled asleep. The secondary??? How can you let them get behind you like that. A blown assignment on somebody’s part. We let this one slip away.

No way they should have won the game. The offense played a bit more than 1/2 a game. Can't expect to win games that way. Maybe Troy but thats it

Jon claimed a few years back, with deep conviction that zone blocking was out dated and that was one of the main reasons why iowa struggled running the ball. The idea that zone blocking is out dated is just not true.
Disagree. All that horizontal movement, backs waiting for a lane, slow moving. I should say it may not be outdated, but the Iowa version of it is not good anymore. That and Iowa’s subscription to immobile quarterbacks

Jon used to be a huge fan that was fun to listen to because you could hear in his voice how much he cared. Now he's just some out of state casual fan with no inside knowledge of the program who mostly just chastises everyone for caring too much. Not caring as much about sports teams and prioritizing your family is a good thing so I'm not knocking him that way. He just doesn't make for a good listen anymore, which selfishly sucks because he used to be the best.

Latest posts