Hawkeyes Believe Offense Close to Breaking Through

Iowa offense didn't breakthrough today. They opened it up. They established the pass to open up the run.

Completely caught OSU off guard. Win or lose, today was like watching Iowa during the days when HF was coaching.

It was exciting football. Stick with it KF. And while you're at it stick with the alternate uni's.

Iowa offense didn't breakthrough today. They opened it up. They established the pass to open up the run.

Completely caught OSU off guard. Win or lose, today was like watching Iowa during the days when HF was coaching.

It was exciting football. Stick with it KF. And while you're at it stick with the alternate uni's.

I'm surprised you caught the game. Figured you'd be watching that exciting ISU offense put up 16 against the mighty Mountaineers.

My point is that Iowa's claim to fame is the quality of our OL. However, I believe the quality of our OL talent seems to have fallen off in the last two years (and I don't think I'm alone on this).
My second point is that BF as Head OL coach from 2012-2016 would appear to be responsible for this fall off in recruiting and/or development.

In the four years prior to BF hire as OL coach, Iowa had 10 OL named to the Coaches All B-10 1st or 2nd team.

2008 3
2009 3
2010 2
2011 2

In the four years following his hire in 2012, we had 6 OL named to the Coaches All B-10 1st or 2nd team.

2013 2
2014 2
2015 2
2016 0

The 2016 team would have been the first 'all BF' OL - completely his recruits and his development. It is telling that BF's first full group of recruits had no one on the 2016 B10 All Conf team.
How many members of the 2017 Iowa OL (BF's 'second' group of recruits) will be on this years all B10 All Conf team?
The 2016 team would have been the first 'all BF' OL - completely his recruits and his development. It is telling that BF's first full group of recruits had no one on the 2016 B10 All Conf team.
How many members of the 2017 Iowa OL (BF's 'second' group of recruits) will be on this years all B10 All Conf team?[/QUOTE]
And the answer is:
2017 1 Sean welsh
That makes one second team All B10 lineman in two years - representing Brian Ferentz first and second recruiting classes and subsequent development as the OL Coach.

last-game-of-the-year-brent-cant-hold-anything-back-now.jpg

Sure, Nebraska's defense gave up and quit making tackles. But the Hawkeye offense MADE THEM GIVE UP, because they were blocking so well. And the Blackshirt Defense is so proud of their tradition of excellence, they only give up like that three or four times a season, and usually not when they are at home.

Latest posts