Hawkeye Nation Heisman Trophy

Pretty sure this would be Matt McGloin's award if PSU played Iowa two times this year.

If they played three times this year, they would probably rename the award after him.

djk.jpg

More people need to appreciate this. It was surprisingly hard to make for how low quality/hilarious it is.

I haven't read such a poorly composed and researched article since I stopped reading The Register.

This article is a joke. I'm weeping from failure. I'm not saying it is his to win but the author is comical on so many levels.

"If you’re going to hand the Heisman trophy to a freshman QB, shouldn’t it be to someone who has clearly superior passing numbers?"

I didn't realize that all dual threat QB's were were required to put up better passing numbers than more traditional QBs. He was 326 passing yards behind Landry Jones but rushed for 1100 yards and 19 TDs, but he's right lets ignore that and focus primarily on what he did through the air, and then fail to acknowledge that Tim Tebow won a Heisman and we all know how great of a passer he was.

"Due to things that are completely out of Manziel’s control, his case for the Heisman is weakened. His main competitor, Manti Te’o, has a story that will make anyone with a heartbeat feel for him. "

So automatically Manti Te'o should get the sympathy vote for losing two loved ones within the course of a week. Not trying to be sinical, but the Heisman should be based solely on performance on the field and not rewarded to an exceptionally gifted player that overcame hardship.

And let's be honest. Reason #5 "all of the above". Way to go out on a limb there. So basically he came up with four reasons and ran out of gas so went with the "all of the above" reason.

I'm not saying that Jonny Football deserves it more than anyone else and the fact that he's a Freshman is definitely a strike against him, but going by performance and the numbers he's put up, I don't see any reason to think that Manti Te'o, or anyone else have done more to deserve the award than he has. I agree with most that I'd be happy seeing anyone win it this year, because its that tight of a race and all are deserving.

Am I the only one who noticed the blatant factual error? Tim Tebow got beat by Michigan in the Capitol One Bowl in the year he won his Heisman.

Manziel's numbers are insane, and he's put them up in the SEC. That says a lot, especially considering that Cam Newton and Tebow couldn't put up better numbers in a single season. I don't care if he's a freshman, and holding him to a higher passing standard BECAUSE he's a freshman is outright lunacy. Was Tebow the best passer in 2007? No. Was Troy Smith? Not unless you think passing for 2,542 yards (which was 38th best nationally) qualifies; and Smith was a RUNAWAY winner.

I think any of the top three would be great winners, although I think it's a two-horse race between Manziel and Te'o.

Bottom line: That was one stupid ******* article.

Just wanted to bump this up for those who haven't seen it or participated, yet. I will be announcing the winner at about 5 PM Saturday.

Klien will get the Hiesman, took KSU to back to back 10 win seasons after going 5-7 in 2007, 5-7 in 2008. 6-6 in 2009 and 7-5 in 2010.
its amazing how a good QB changes things.
Davis had was JVB and if people would look at his body of work, came in for Stanzi in the NW with the lead and lost. he did a good job against OSU but still m,issed wide open WR, against Minnesota he barely beat them 12-0 going 11-24 for 117 yards and 1 INT.
yes he was good at home, but he went 1-6 on the road losing to Minnesota, sorry but I was JVB biggest supporter, but even I have to admit he was not the QB for the job.

Klien will get the Hiesman, took KSU to back to back 10 win seasons after going 5-7 in 2007, 5-7 in 2008. 6-6 in 2009 and 7-5 in 2010.
its amazing how a good QB changes things.
Davis had was JVB and if people would look at his body of work, came in for Stanzi in the NW with the lead and lost. he did a good job against OSU but still m,issed wide open WR, against Minnesota he barely beat them 12-0 going 11-24 for 117 yards and 1 INT.
yes he was good at home, but he went 1-6 on the road losing to Minnesota, sorry but I was JVB biggest supporter, but even I have to admit he was not the QB for the job.

Klein didn't end the regular season on a good note, he is good but I would vote for Johnny Manziel but I like A&M and he beat Bama and I HATE Bama, that is all I need!

Latest posts