Hawkeye Nation Heisman Trophy

Please make one of these for DJK using the 15 to represent the I and S in HE15MAN.

Thx,

OK4P

djk.jpg

Wait.
If Johnny Manziel is "Johnny Football" because he roolz on the gridiron, should Jon Miller be known as "JONNY WEBSITE" because he PWNs the interwebz??

Alright, time to get my top 10 list.

1) Jake Knott
2) Cameron Coffman
3) Steele Jantz
4) Trevor Siemian
5) Robert Marve
6) Ryan Radcliffe
7) Matthew McGloin
8) Devin Gardner
9) Taylor Martinez
10) Rex Burkhead

Alright, time to get my top 10 list.

Really1) Stevie fkn Hicks *******
1) Jake Knott
2) Cameron Coffman
3) Steele Jantz
4) Trevor Siemian
5) Robert Marve
6) Ryan Radcliffe
7) Matthew McGloin
8) Devin Gardner
9) Taylor Martinez
10) Rex Burkhead

Anything other than Jonny Football is just wrong. Dude has SICK numbers this year (regardless if he is on the NC team). Has more yards combined EVER. As a freshman. (Hate to say it, but, in the SEC too)

1- Manziel
2- Klein
3- Lee

Note- My intentional leaving off of the ballot of Teo is a direct result of my disdain for anything Notre Dame.

This article is a joke. I'm weeping from failure. I'm not saying it is his to win but the author is comical on so many levels.

"If you’re going to hand the Heisman trophy to a freshman QB, shouldn’t it be to someone who has clearly superior passing numbers?"

I didn't realize that all dual threat QB's were were required to put up better passing numbers than more traditional QBs. He was 326 passing yards behind Landry Jones but rushed for 1100 yards and 19 TDs, but he's right lets ignore that and focus primarily on what he did through the air, and then fail to acknowledge that Tim Tebow won a Heisman and we all know how great of a passer he was.

"Due to things that are completely out of Manziel’s control, his case for the Heisman is weakened. His main competitor, Manti Te’o, has a story that will make anyone with a heartbeat feel for him. "

So automatically Manti Te'o should get the sympathy vote for losing two loved ones within the course of a week. Not trying to be sinical, but the Heisman should be based solely on performance on the field and not rewarded to an exceptionally gifted player that overcame hardship.

And let's be honest. Reason #5 "all of the above". Way to go out on a limb there. So basically he came up with four reasons and ran out of gas so went with the "all of the above" reason.

I'm not saying that Jonny Football deserves it more than anyone else and the fact that he's a Freshman is definitely a strike against him, but going by performance and the numbers he's put up, I don't see any reason to think that Manti Te'o, or anyone else have done more to deserve the award than he has. I agree with most that I'd be happy seeing anyone win it this year, because its that tight of a race and all are deserving.