Hawk Talk

Hawkfromnorwalk

I'm not listening to it but reading Morehouse's tweets. A couple of callers have ripped into Kirk.

"Caller: Who's QB coach? Vandenberg form is horrible?I sure hope the Cleveland Browns are buzzing your phone, cuz time for u to go."

"Caller: I don't mean to be too critical . . . not fast, athletic, no pass rush, no blitz, not good QB, no innovative offense . . ."

I guess it was bound to happen eventually. People were going to stop saying on forums and at work and on soundoff. Eventually someone was going to get in KF's face. I think it happens in the SEC.

It goes to show what happens when high expectations followed by poor play meet with excessive vicarious attachment.

I'm not listening to it but reading Morehouse's tweets. A couple of callers have ripped into Kirk.

"Caller: Who's QB coach? Vandenberg form is horrible?I sure hope the Cleveland Browns are buzzing your phone, cuz time for u to go."

"Caller: I don't mean to be too critical . . . not fast, athletic, no pass rush, no blitz, not good QB, no innovative offense . . ."

So what were KF's answers?

Did he just let the comments slide, did he try to justify, did Dolph or the emcee try to intervene and pooh pooh the questions?

He deserves to get heat. He is paid more than enough to deal with unhappy fans when his teams and QB plays terrible and without emotion.

It has started and I'm not surprised. KF has some real issues and these press conference have turned into tea parties. Atleast the fans have some balls, good for them. Fans shouldn't have to have someone dissect his cryptic messages for them it's football, it's not Rocket Science...

Stay menopausal ICHawk.

vqYuG.gif

I have always been a huge Ferentz guy...but that game Saturday was inexcusable...I can't defend him when he let JVB start that 4th quarter...one of the worst football decisions I have seen made in a long time. Just unreal, I was dumbfounded....I hope Kirk gets it turned around...but as of now he has the dreaded...

​HAWKFORCE VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE

IMHO, no one deserves to be publicly bashed. As for those that say it was a matter of time, well it has happened before and will likely happen again....challenging times brings out the weaknesses in the human race.

Callers like that, the people who boo - you really need to grow up and get some perspective on what's important in life. Control your ego & tempers - it's an adult thing.

Callers like that, the people who boo - you really need to grow up and get some perspective on what's important in life. Control your ego & tempers - it's an adult thing.

It's just a game. They're not calling Ferentz a bad person, just a terrible football coach. I'm sure lying down tonight on a big mattress made of $4Million-per-year will soothe Kirk pretty well after this.

IMHO, no one deserves to be publicly bashed. As for those that say it was a matter of time, well it has happened before and will likely happen again....challenging times brings out the weaknesses in the human race.

I've been a huge supporter of KF through those challenging times you mention.

I hope I'm wrong but this feels very different...

It's just a game. They're not calling Ferentz a bad person, just a terrible football coach. I'm sure lying down tonight on a big mattress made of $4Million-per-year will soothe Kirk pretty well after this.

Exactly right...if this avoids targeting the student-athletes, then I am all for it--Kirk makes 6 figures for doing the show (part of his contract)--make him earn some of it. I am sure he will demand better screening though.

Exactly right...if this avoids targeting the student-athletes, then I am all for it--Kirk makes 6 figures for doing the show (part of his contract)--make him earn some of it. I am sure he will demand better screening though.

How??

Screener- Joe what you going talk about tonight?

Joe- Going to ask KF how he prepare the players for Northwestern after such a tough loss..

Dolph- Joe what is on your mind tonight.

Joe- Coach your terrible and need to be fired.

Last edited:
I've been a huge supporter of KF through those challenging times you mention.

I hope I'm wrong but this feels very different...

How does this feel different than 2008 when we were 4-4 following the 2007 season of not making a bowl game? That is the last time I remember so many calling for KF to step down. At that point we were considered mediocre and at least one of our losses was solely blamed on KF not putting Stanzi back in the game (Pitt). I'm just curious if this is just a heat of moment gut feeling.

Latest posts