Hawk Talk

He deserves to get heat. He is paid more than enough to deal with unhappy fans when his teams and QB plays terrible and without emotion.

KFJelly.jpg

Exactly right...if this avoids targeting the student-athletes, then I am all for it--Kirk makes 6 figures for doing the show (part of his contract)--make him earn some of it. I am sure he will demand better screening though.

KFJelly.jpg

I was...a KFz guy. But here's why I'm no longer:

The program is clearly in a slide that started nearly 3 years ago (The season with lots of NFL talent that ended 7-5...a dropped pass away from 6-6). This is not a "down year"...it's year 3 of a clear trend.

The same patterns and mistakes repeat over and over. And in some cases are becoming more frequent

Ferentz shows no willingness to grow, change and move his program forward...particularly offensively. He's stuck in a bland, predictable (not just my opinion...our opponents themselves have said so) style of ball while other teams move forward.

In any other job...the above gets you fired, or at best put on notice. Why should Kirk Ferentz be any different? Especially when his pay is among the best in his profession.

KFJelly.jpg

It has started and I'm not surprised. KF has some real issues and these press conference have turned into tea parties. Atleast the fans have some balls, good for them. Fans shouldn't have to have someone dissect his cryptic messages for them it's football, it's not Rocket Science...

Making an annonymous phone call to a radio show doesn't take balls. Anyone can do that. Showing up at Carlos O Kellys and asking that question fact to fact into the mike would take balls.

I think that's besides the point. Most people are simply upset that in a 30+ point blowout loss, that KF still won't put in the backup, if for no other reason to get him some actual live game experience. I don't see many people suggesting that Rudock or whoever will come in and light things up - they just want to see him get a bit of experience.

I understand what you're saying about letting someone work their way through a slump, but I also tend to believe that if something gets in your head, that sometimes the best thing is to step away from it for a bit. Maybe a couple series from the sidelines wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world for JVB, either. Just a theory, anyway.

I wouldn't argue your point either. None of us knows what it might take for Vandy to get out of this funk, whether it's continuing to throw him in the fire or sitting his a$$ on the bench. I think the one thing we do know is that with as anemic as the offense has been Kirk isn't going to throw someone in to "just get experience". He's going to do what he thinks is needed to win the next game. Time will tell whether he's right or wrong in this case.

Making an annonymous phone call to a radio show doesn't take balls. Anyone can do that. Showing up at Carlos O Kellys and asking that question fact to fact into the mike would take balls.

The fact that it rarely happens I beg to differ Duff.. Have a good day!!

What the hell does thst mean? It rarely happens that I throw raw eggs at old ladys in wheel chairs but that wouldnt make it "ballsy" if tomorrow I went out and did.

Latest posts