have the players quit

Losing kills excitement, just like Kirk's boring brand of football.
Iowa fans pay a lot of money and don't get a "fairness" return on their investment.

thefactsite-logo-yoast.jpg

I'm not arguing that whatsoever. My post was addressing how the fans were acting even when we weren't bottom dwellers.

My response to anyone who criticizes the Iowa basketball fan - You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

I am not sure why everyone bashes carver, I was in school at Iowa in the mid 80's stokes era and later BJ armstrong, Kevin gamble etc. The place was always sold out and extremely loud. Bring the show and people will come!
I was there around the same time period, and I don't completely agree.

As I stated in my previous post, I think there are two debates going on here. Carver, like any home venue, is louder and more intimidating when the home team is good. That goes without saying. No one is saying that the poor product on the floor hasn't had a negative effect on the home crowd.

That said, Carver is lacking in terms of being an intimidating environment. The Fieldhouse was a better environment, but was small and dated. Carver was built more for fan comfort than anything. Not that it's a bad place, and I'm not bashing Carver at all, but keeping it real, it's nowhere near Hilton or Indiana's Assembly Hall in terms of environment.

To ask if this team has “quit” infers there has been a time when they started — or, IOW, gave maximum effort for a game.

That I haven’t seen.

If the players have quit, shouldn't there be more evidence than what we see in the game? I don't follow any of the players on Twitter, but is there anything there that would lead us to believe it is over in IC? Usually the locals will have some insight into this.

I'm not saying they haven't quit ... watching the body language of some of them on Saturday sure leads me to have serious questions about the heart of some of the players. But is there any other evidence?

In the famous words of Mr. Miyagi...."There's no such thing as bad student...only bad teacher."
Yeah, I told my kids that when I didn’t want to wax my car, too.

Wait, my kids have never done that cuz — modernity happened.

I was there around the same time period, and I don't completely agree.

As I stated in my previous post, I think there are two debates going on here. Carver, like any home venue, is louder and more intimidating when the home team is good. That goes without saying. No one is saying that the poor product on the floor hasn't had a negative effect on the home crowd.

That said, Carver is lacking in terms of being an intimidating environment. The Fieldhouse was a better environment, but was small and dated. Carver was built more for fan comfort than anything. Not that it's a bad place, and I'm not bashing Carver at all, but keeping it real, it's nowhere near Hilton or Indiana's Assembly Hall in terms of environment.

You're right about 2 debates going on. When the Hawks are good, Carver sucks for a team that's good. When the Hawks are average, Carver sucks for a team that's average. When the Hawks are good, Carver sucks for a team that's good. It's like people can't remember further back than one year. 2 years ago, we were coming off of back to back tournament appearances, climbed to number 3 in the nation, and was in position to win the conference for the first time in over 30 years. Carver was better than in is this year. But it sucked for a team that was in that position. This isn't about number of fans in the seats. It isn't about the makeup of the building. It's about the season ticket holders that are there for every game, every year. The percentage of fans in attendance that are in their 20s and 30s has to be near tops in the nation.

This is not an excuse for this year. It's not an excuse for Fran's tenure. It's just the way it is. It's not bad enough to cost us wins. But it's not good enough to help us get wins either. It's not bad enough to hurt with recruits. But it's not good enough to help with recruits either.

Latest posts