Hauser’s transferring

Iowa could definitely make it work for them.

Much of the speculation on Twitter is they want to go to a final four contender, so that probably eliminates Nebraska and Iowa as well. It’s just strange though because as I mentioned Marquette was supposed to be a top 10 team next year with Markus Howard announcing his return.

The fact that you would choose to sit out a year over staying in what on paper looked like a pretty good situation is odd indeed, and it’s likely that something else happened there.

The scuttlebutt is that the Hausers were not happy with Howard playing hero ball and hoisting up 15-25 shots/game. This probably was ok earlier in the season when he was hitting them but they ended up the year 1-6 and his shots weren't falling. I suppose they held Wojo responsible. Must have been pretty toxic in the lockerroom.

No longer OT. Hawks are at least involved here.

I will hope for the best but I don't really see why they would choose Iowa over those other schools...especially Virginia after what Kyle Guy just did...but I at least like the schools they're NOT targeting (aka Nebby, Iowa State).

I will hope for the best but I don't really see why they would choose Iowa over those other schools...especially Virginia after what Kyle Guy just did...but I at least like the schools they're NOT targeting (aka Nebby, Iowa State).
Saw this in the same thread...

For UVA I just think the distance away from all friends and family could be the issue. I’m not certain about MSU.

At the end of the day I think they end up at UW, but the whole thing of them transferring and sitting out a full season is really quite strange.

For UVA I just think the distance away from all friends and family could be the issue. I’m not certain about MSU.

At the end of the day I think they end up at UW, but the whole thing of them transferring and sitting out a full season is really quite strange.

Agreed. the whole thing is really strange.

I saw on another site that MSU only has one scholarship available so it would take some people moving on to make it work. Also said that Virginia doesn't really fit either since they don't want to give up scholarships for next year and it create a logjam for them. I really think they end up at Wisconsin but it would be huge if we could get them to come here.

If Virginia wouldn't be a good fit schematically, would WI? Just curious. I would think any school would make room for this type of caliber player if they could.

If Virginia wouldn't be a good fit schematically, would WI? Just curious. I would think any school would make room for this type of caliber player if they could.
I don’t think UVA or UW are bad fits schematically. These kids are finesse 3 & 4s who can handle it, shoot it, and pass. They fit in pretty much any system.

A UVA guy was speculating that they wouldn’t take them due to the fact that you have to in essence bank two scholarships for next year when they hope to have another pretty good team. Thinks they should use those to help next year’s team instead. All speculation at this point.

I don’t think UVA or UW are bad fits schematically. These kids are finesse 3 & 4s who can handle it, shoot it, and pass. They fit in pretty much any system.

A UVA guy was speculating that they wouldn’t take them due to the fact that you have to in essence bank two scholarships for next year when they hope to have another pretty good team. Thinks they should use those to help next year’s team instead. All speculation at this point.

Iowa would have to bank 2 too right? But I think Iowa is in pretty good position to do so. Having them 2 waiting in the wings after next years class is gone? How awesome. I am officially getting hopes up as I write this and I am going to go have my boss kick me in the nuts instead.

Iowa would have to bank 2 too right? But I think Iowa is in pretty good position to do so. Having them 2 waiting in the wings after next years class is gone? How awesome. I am officially getting hopes up as I write this and I am going to go have my boss kick me in the nuts instead.
Iowa is in a littler better position considering all we return in terms of upperclassmen, plus Hauser’s would be a pretty significant upgrade to our talent level than say at MSU or UVA so we’d be more inclined to make the move. The other thing is Iowa has even more flexibility because Pat could walk on for a year if we really needed an extra player.

I’m pretty certain they’ll end up at UW, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

DJ Harvey on the other hand seems like a possibility and would be a very good add imo to help us in 2020 when we lose this year’s senior group.

I think their “numbers” would be better at Iowa for sure. Hard to believe anyone who wants to pile up “numbers” would ever go to VA or Wis, where average score is like 53-48 night-in, night-out. Grind-fests

It's not easy to sell vision and hope.

Michigan State, Virginia and Wisconsin all are considered to be better programs than Iowa in the college basketball world. And those guys will find minutes wherever they go.

Latest posts