Hauser’s transferring

It's not easy to sell vision and hope.

Michigan State, Virginia and Wisconsin all are considered to be better programs than Iowa in the college basketball world. And those guys will find minutes wherever they go.
I don’t consider Iowa a serious player, but I’m more interested to see if UVA and MSU would even take them. Banking two scholarships for an entire year is a tough ask especially when you have a pretty good team on paper. Not to mention there is a chance you only get one year out of each guy after that (if Joey goes pro).

I’m also interested to hear, and maybe we never will, what really happened. For these guys to leave Marquette and sit out a year it must have been pretty bad. There is a rumor circulating that the team got into a fight on the team plane because Hauser’s were complaining about how much Howard shoots. Who knows if that’s true.

Just a weird and overall interesting situation to follow. I think they’ll end up at UW and I’m not convinced they will actually ever make it to Iowa City for a visit.

I'm sure they are good players and they wouldn't play for a year, but I have been looking forward to see how Nunge and Pemsl do next year. Of course Nunge could turn pro after next year. He does have a lot of tools.

I'm sure they are good players and they wouldn't play for a year, but I have been looking forward to see how Nunge and Pemsl do next year. Of course Nunge could turn pro after next year. He does have a lot of tools.

Not gonna happen

Virginia and MSU wouldn't allow them to waste time with a visit if they didn't think they could make it work.
Also, I would take senior Garza over freshman Foster. Great kid, but you need a certain mentality to thrive at the B1G level and I haven't seen it yet from Foster.

The Hauser Cats look very good. Expert sharpshooters and nice floor game. Savvy basketball players. Their floor game reminds me of Aaron White and they also look like Aaron.....

They would fit nicely into Fran's offensive style, raining threes all game long. With those guys and the McCaffreys on the floor at the same time, we would look like Brigham Young.....

To have them on the floor with Jordan and Joe we would be seriously difficult to stop on the perimeter. Shame that Jordan is running out of eligibility after next season.....

I can see it coming down to the Hawks and Wisconsin, especially since they are from Wisconsin and have friends and girlfriends going to school in Madison. However, the Hawkeye style would permit them to shoot as many threes as they can, without any reparation at all.....

Looks like Sam Hauser has one season of eligibility left after sittting out a year.....

Damn

Last edited:
I’d rather have DJ Harvey become a Hawkeye. If they were complaining about their best player taking a bunch of shots, whats to say they don’t find something to bitch about at Iowa? We don’t need any toxicity in our locker room. Get me the Harvey kid and pocket a schollie for next year. There will be more transfers next year if we need one.

The Hauser Cats look very good. Expert sharpshooters and nice floor game. Savvy basketball players. Their floor game reminds me of Aaron White and they also look like Aaron.....

They would fit nicely into Fran's offensive style, raining threes all game long. With those guys and the McCaffreys on the floor at the same time, we would look like Brigham Young.....

To have them on the floor with Jordan and Joe we would be seriously difficult to stop on the perimeter. Shame that Jordan is running out of eligibility after next season.....

I can it coming down to the Hawks and Wisconsin, especially since they are from Wisconsin and have friends and girlfriends going to school in Madison. However, the Hawkeye style wo uld permit them to shoot as many threes as they can, without any reparation at all.....

Looks like Sam Hauser has one season of eligibility left after sittting out a year.....

Damn

Sorry Duke, Brigham Young's been dead for centuries:D

I will take a pass on these two and rely on more traditional recruiting. And, yes, I know we need to step up in this category.

I don't understand people not wanting these two. They fit perfect with recruiting classes and for what we will need. The sentiment of not being a PG from other friends I talk to is baffling. Having shooters all over the floor is trouble for other teams. I've seen them play mid year when Howard got hurt. These two can play. That is why Michigan State and Virginia are interested.

Virginia and MSU wouldn't allow them to waste time with a visit if they didn't think they could make it work.
Also, I would take senior Garza over freshman Foster. Great kid, but you need a certain mentality to thrive at the B1G level and I haven't seen it yet from Foster.

Because at MSU or UVa, they probably get that "hardship waiver" that gives them immediate eligibility.

Strange.

Has to be an interesting story behind the scenes.

UVA seems like a good fit.

The Hausers attended the same high school as Tony Bennett, the coach not the crooner.
If Iowa gets the Hausers it would be a Hawkeye Grand Slam in Badgerland

These guys are going to end up at Wisconsin just as the program is finally declining. They always find a way to stay good.

These guys are going to end up at Wisconsin just as the program is finally declining. They always find a way to stay good.
Don’t fear PC. If they end up at Wisconsin I believe it will actually set back their program for several years, and here is why. They would be set up for a great year in 2020, but then here is what they would lose off the 2020 squad.

S. Hauser - SR
Davison - SR
Trice - SR
Reuvers - SR
Potter (OSU Transfer) - SR
Ford - SR
T Anderson SR (Hauser HS Teammate - he might get medical redshirt not sure)

Next I think it would be a serious question whether Joey Hauser heads to the NBA at this point.

So while you set yourself up for a great year in 2020 you could potentially lose 6-8 of your top players in one year. That’s very hard to replace, and with the way the badgers recruit (more developmental) that could set back their program for a few years.

Honestly I think the Hauser’s are a tad overrated as a transfer package because you have to bank two scholarships for one full year and you might only get a year from each kid.

Hey Rob, was there a reason given for their departures from Marquette? Michigan State and Virginia clearly provide the best opportunity to win at a high level over the other schools they're considering. However, Marquette was ranked #2 in the "way too early top 25" for next year, so I'm curious how important of factor that is in their decision.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...igan-state-leads-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20

I have no inside info. Logic would indicate they were unhappy with something beyond winning and playing time. As you said, they had a good team coming back and they both played a lot.

Latest posts