Hampton's updated Facebook status = not good!

Ok so I don't have time to read all reply's to see how the original post was answered or expounded upon.....anyway, I'm hearing random drug test has Hamptom, AROB and Bernstein off the team. Do we have anymore information?

I can live with this if we can move on from there. Heck, I'd be excited if that's the toll given the rumors.

Their is a price to success. I would venture that most of us have not had the kind of success that these players had during the 2009 season. A lot of these guys were treated like rock stars after the Orange bowl. Many of them were probably offered free drinks, women, and of course drugs. Most probably know how to handle the rock star treatement, but others want to live that rock star life (DJK). So if one or two slip through the cracks, it's hard for me to point a finger at KF. But, if this is as wide spread as some of these rumors we are all hearing, than there is a much deeper issue with our program. Nobody can have complete control over 18-22 year olds, but someone should have known something if there is this big of a problem. Hopefully, this will not set the program back too far, and the staff can learn from this and move forward.

KCCI's main story on their webpage is Hampton's facebook status. What a day and age we live in that social media updates have become front page news.

KCCI's main story on their webpage is Hampton's facebook status. What a day and age we live in that social media updates have become front page news.

Are you kidding me?

The dude is saying he's a former Hawkeye and you're surprised it's news?

I don't care where it's from, when you have a running back on Iowa saying he's a former player, that is news.

I'm 99% sure the rb's are gone, I'm not going to speculate why as that is harmful to the kids and their reputation.

so it would have been ok if he had done it in a press release or interview? its first hand information from the source...this is the age we live in