Grim Outlook for Iowa Football 2013?

The Gazette got around to looking at the 2013 schedule and points out that the Hawkeyes will be facing nine bowl teams PLUS Ohio State ... at Columbus. The paper says while Iowa likely will be favored in the opener against NIU mostly due to conference reputation, the Huskies likely will be ranked in the preseason Top 25 and this game will be on most pundits' "upset alert" lists.

Iowa ’13 football schedule not a soft landing | TheGazette

The tone here is way to negative. I do agree it will be a tough season. I see 7 wins with having a new QB. We'll go into conference undefeated and then pick up 4 conference wins. Looking forward to 2014 when Capt. has us back to 10 wins.

The tone here is way to negative. I do agree it will be a tough season. I see 7 wins with having a new QB. We'll go into conference undefeated and then pick up 4 conference wins. Looking forward to 2014 when Capt. has us back to 10 wins.

this is way too positive for HN. i recommend you leave for a couple days and re-evaluate your position. haven't you been reading? 2 wins is the ceiling for this team as long as KF is head coach

First there is no way Iowa beats NIlly at all. Second it is not a QB problem we had this year, it was and OC problem and for some unknown reason he was retained. The Hawks will be lucky to win 4 next year and have a .500 season after that, Capt isn't going to turn anything around again for Iowa, he is done.

First there is no way Iowa beats NIlly at all. Second it is not a QB problem we had this year, it was and OC problem and for some unknown reason he was retained. The Hawks will be lucky to win 4 next year and have a .500 season after that, Capt isn't going to turn anything around again for Iowa, he is done.

This seems an unduly negative observation, understandable after a 4-8 campaign. Let's see who emerges at the skill positions -- especially QB, RB and WRs -- and, if these changes are being made, what a revamped staff can do with them.

It was a fan problem. Kirk is only good if you believe in him. Kinda like santa. Some of you are believing the heck out of him, thats how hes holding on. The sad thing is every years more people realize that he was only good because of Norm and he is the worst game day coach in all of D1 football.

This seems an unduly negative observation, understandable after a 4-8 campaign. Let's see who emerges at the skill positions -- especially QB, RB and WRs -- and, if these changes are being made, what a revamped staff can do with them.

Yeah lets just see what happens....year after year after year....Kirk will get it turned around.

We would of won 3 or 4 more games in 2012 without a couple of the injuries we had. Those guys come back healthy, we start a decent QB and we're off to the races. BIG still sucks, I'm sticking to 7 wins minimum.

We would of won 3 or 4 more games in 2012 without a couple of the injuries we had. Those guys come back healthy, we start a decent QB and we're off to the races. BIG still sucks, I'm sticking to 7 wins minimum.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Every year, football or basketball, it's the same excuses for not winning: Injuries, youth, new system, yada yada yada.

It will be interesting to see in 2013 how many games Iowa "should have won" compared to how many they actually win.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Every year, football or basketball, it's the same excuses for not winning: Injuries, youth, new system, yada yada yada.

It will be interesting to see in 2013 how many games Iowa "should have won" compared to how many they actually win.

I would be shocked if you have never argued about all the games Iowa "should have lost" in '02, 03', 04', 09'. Even last year, Iowa easily "could have" gone 9-3(Iowa State, Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska), and they "could have" gone 2-10(NIU, MSU).

For some reason the "could have" on the high end for next year is considered less probable on this board than 1977 fathering a child with Jessica Alba, and the "could have" on the low end is more probably than 1977 fathering a child with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.

I would be shocked if you have never argued about all the games Iowa "should have lost" in '02, 03', 04', 09'. Even last year, Iowa easily "could have" gone 9-3(Iowa State, Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska), and they "could have" gone 2-10(NIU, MSU).

For some reason the "could have" on the high end for next year is considered less probable on this board than 1977 fathering a child with Jessica Alba, and the "could have" on the low end is more probably than 1977 fathering a child with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.

That's exactly why the coulda woulda shoulda argument is pointless. It cuts both ways.

But everyone suffers injuries, not just Iowa. And I have a very hard time believing Iowa picks up 3 or 4 more wins without the injuries. They weren't dealing with injuries when they lost by 2 points at home to ISU; Weisman dominated the game in a loss to Central ******* Michigan. And while Scherff and Donnal were playing well, they weren't playing well enough to carry a team from beyond hopeless to respectable.

Rudock has a two year R-E-D-S-H-I-R-T plan? So you let a 4-8 toilet overflow intead of pulling a R-E-D-S-H-I-R-T to plunge it? Guess that's football..........

That's exactly why the coulda woulda shoulda argument is pointless. It cuts both ways.

But everyone suffers injuries, not just Iowa. And I have a very hard time believing Iowa picks up 3 or 4 more wins without the injuries. They weren't dealing with injuries when they lost by 2 points at home to ISU; Weisman dominated the game in a loss to Central ******* Michigan. And while Scherff and Donnal were playing well, they weren't playing well enough to carry a team from beyond hopeless to respectable.

They were 4-2 with those players. They were 0-6 without. They weren't very good before the injuries, but were capable of winning games. After the injuries they were trash. Absolute trash.

They were 4-2 with those players. They were 0-6 without. They weren't very good before the injuries, but were capable of winning games. After the injuries they were trash. Absolute trash.

Ever stop to consider that those two of those wins came against Minnesota and UNI? And they weren't exactly impressive then.

They were capable of beating bad teams (plus No. Ill.) before the injuries. But they pick up MAYBE two more wins without the personnel issues. Purdue I'd say they probably win. Indiana, maybe; that's just not a good matchup for us, and hasn't been for awhile.

But they were not going to beat PSU, Michigan, Nebraska, or Northwestern. They could have possibly finished 6-6, but 5-7 would have been much more likely. Still a pathetic season, given how easy the schedule was.

Who on here really has some GOOD info on Beathard. All of a sudden We are getting all this stuff about how good he is. Front runner at QB and all. Is this just message board hype ? I really dont know. Who does ? The last I heard he was having a hard time picking up the offense as most TF do. ( and some 5th year Sr. )

heard he has a cannon.

images

Latest posts