Gregg Doyel Update: Still a D-Bag...

In 8 NBA finals games, Lebron James is averaging 19.6 points a game. Yep he is as good as Michael Jordan

I just don't think that's who he is. He's not a "just give me the damn ball" type of guy.

The Jordan talk was at best premature and was nothing more than a media made creation to get something to talk about in between finals games. Pippen didn't do James any favors that's for sure. It wasn't fair to Jordan, who has six rings and a finished resume. It wasn't fair to James, who isn't even halfway finished with his career yet.

It's hard for me to feel too sorry for James when he suggested that he can win 7 or 8 titles before the season even started. If he doesn't want to be compared to the best player ever, he shouldn't predict that he's going to win more titles than him.

It's hard for me to feel too sorry for James when he suggested that he can win 7 or 8 titles before the season even started. If he doesn't want to be compared to the best player ever, he shouldn't predict that he's going to win more titles than him.
This is one my biggest issues with LeBron.
He's ridiculously talented, but his immaturity, showmanship, ego, etc... really rubs me the wrong way.

Jordan had an ego too, but he carried himself so much better.

This is one my biggest issues with LeBron.
He's ridiculously talented, but his immaturity, showmanship, ego, etc... really rubs me the wrong way.

Jordan had an ego too, but he carried himself so much better.

No he didn't. We just didn't have 24 hour media coverage back then. Jordan got away with a lot of crap he never would have gotten away with now.

Jordan was the greatest smack talker ever. You think he didn't show people up? please.

No he didn't. We just didn't have 24 hour media coverage back then. Jordan got away with a lot of crap he never would have gotten away with now.

Jordan was the greatest smack talker ever. You think he didn't show people up? please.

I would take Jordan's competitive jawing and pathological commitment to destroy and even humiliate opponents on the court any day over this garbage:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=384IPfYKJek]YouTube - ‪Lebron James' newest pregame ritual‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmwJipHdqpA]YouTube - ‪The Miami Heat's Celebration for Big Three LeBron, Wade, Bosh [HD] Part 1/3‬‏[/ame]

Jordan smacked talk with class. He did it right way. He was arrogant, but you RESPECTED his confidence and arrogance. LeBron doesn't come off that way and doesn't have the respect to do some of the things he did (i.e. - an HOUR LONG special on ESPN to announce he was leaving Cleveland). He presents himself as a very immature kid at 26 years of age... probably because he never had a normal childhood/high school/college environment. Almost like Michael Jackson.

To say Kobe is better than LeBron right now is laughable. Aside from mid range jump shots, there isn't one thing Kobe does better. He just got shut down by Jason Kidd in the Mavs series, he couldn't even get in the lane against them.

You can now say this about Lebron too. Although Marion did check Lebron some in the finals.

Lebron felt more comfortable driving and using Cully Payne's jump pass to try and feed Juwan Howard in crunch time than trying to score and will his team to victory. Hilarious.

Last edited:
I guess, as I was watching Doyel ask the question, I thought it was nice to see a journalist actually come to the plate with something.

Was it a leading question? Absolutely.
Could he have used more tact? Probably.

However, Doyel hit the nail on the head. LeBron James shrunk away in the 4th quarter (and most of the game for that matter). If LeBron wants to be the best, he needs to be able to not only handle the scrutiny, but perform in spite of it. He did neither.

The fact that no one really noticed James in the end of games is pretty telling. You couldn't even tell he was on the court for the most part.

I guess, as I was watching Doyel ask the question, I thought it was nice to see a journalist actually come to the plate with something.

Was it a leading question? Absolutely.
Could he have used more tact? Probably.

However, Doyel hit the nail on the head. LeBron James shrunk away in the 4th quarter (and most of the game for that matter). If LeBron wants to be the best, he needs to be able to not only handle the scrutiny, but perform in spite of it. He did neither.

The fact that no one really noticed James in the end of games is pretty telling. You couldn't even tell he was on the court for the most part.

Didn't he ask this question after the end of game 3? James had played fairly well up until that point. Had he asked the question after game 4...or 5....or 6 nobody would have reacted the same way.

The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that James was exhausted. It's not like he was lighting the world on fire in the first 3 quarters of the last three games either. I noticed Spoelstra finally gave him some rest in the second half for the first time since the first round. A little late on that one I think.

Yes, he asked it after Game 3. However, James hadn't done anything yet in the 4Q in the series and was really bad in Game 3, hence the question. And then it continued.

I'm still puzzled by it. Never seen someone of that stature (James) do so little in a game. It's almost like he didn't want to try or something. No explosion, nothing. I'm wondering if anyone will ever find out what happened - maybe he is sick? No idea.

Yes, he asked it after Game 3. However, James hadn't done anything yet in the 4Q in the series and was really bad in Game 3, hence the question. And then it continued.

I'm still puzzled by it. Never seen someone of that stature (James) do so little in a game. It's almost like he didn't want to try or something. No explosion, nothing. I'm wondering if anyone will ever find out what happened - maybe he is sick? No idea.
Kobe was still being asked last year (during a second consecutive title run) about Game 7 in 2006 vs Phoenix when he stopped shooting. This was after scoring 23 in the first half of a game. This has happened before.

Question lingers about Kobe's Game 7 in 2006 series vs. the Suns | Deseret News

Latest posts