Gregg Doyel Update: Still a D-Bag...

Lebron has been clutch in one series in his life and that was the last one against the Bulls. Otherwise he has shown that he is not clutch. As for his defense, it was great against the Bulls but it wasn't good last night.

Doyel is a d bag for how he asked the question and Lebron answered it really well. But that doesn't change the fact that Lebron never looks comfortable at the end of ball games. Where as Wade eats it up.

Fail

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons - Recap - May 31, 2007 - ESPN

That is not even close to being true. And I despise Kobe and Lebron equally. Kobe is the best player in the NBA and it really isnt that close and I would probably put Wade at number 2.

Kobe isn't even close to being the top player in the league anymore. Honestly, he might not be top 10 at this point.

That is not even close to being true. And I despise Kobe and Lebron equally. Kobe is the best player in the NBA and it really isnt that close and I would probably put Wade at number 2.

Not currently he's not.

Lebron is the best player in the game right now.

Name 10 that are better.

LeBron
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Howard
Rose
Paul
Randolph

There's eight, so he's probably top ten still but definitely on the back end of that list and nowhere near the best player in the league. There wasn't a single game in the Dallas series where he was the best player on the floor.

LeBron
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Howard
Rose
Paul
Randolph

There's eight, so he's probably top ten still but definitely on the back end of that list and nowhere near the best player in the league. There wasn't a single game in the Dallas series where he was the best player on the floor.

In no way shape or form is Zach Randolph better than Kobe Bryant right now

Lebron isnt even the best player on his team.

He is if you've watched more than the past 3 games.

During the reg. season Lebron avg more points, rebs, assists, steals, and shot a higher percentage from the field than Wade and he's a better defender.

Last edited:
Maybe I went overboard on saying that nobody was close to Kobe. There are several but I would still take him as the best player in the league for a couple more years. I still think there is a pretty sizable gap between Kobe and Lebron.

Wade- Number 2 on my list
Durant- Give him a couple years and he may very well be the best
Dirk- No
Howard- A guy that hovers around 50-60% from the FT line will not be the best player in the NBA.
Rose- Top 5 right now, will push Durant for best player in a couple years
Paul- Are you serious?
Randolph- Are you really serious?

Ok. So you have the Bulls series and than you have to go back 4 years to find one game in which he has been clutch. How about the 4 years in between that where he failed in the 4th quarter to win games both in the playoffs and regular season. This series so far as looked like the Lebron James of the last 7 years. Best player on the planet in quarters 1-3. Doesn't take over come the 4th. I will give him credit for being GREAT in that Bulls series. He was unreal than

Ok. So you have the Bulls series and than you have to go back 4 years to find one game in which he has been clutch. How about the 4 years in between that where he failed in the 4th quarter to win games both in the playoffs and regular season. This series so far as looked like the Lebron James of the last 7 years. Best player on the planet in quarters 1-3. Doesn't take over come the 4th. I will give him credit for being GREAT in that Bulls series. He was unreal than

How about the Orlando series in '09?

Maybe I went overboard on saying that nobody was close to Kobe. There are several but I would still take him as the best player in the league for a couple more years. I still think there is a pretty sizable gap between Kobe and Lebron.

Wade- Number 2 on my list
Durant- Give him a couple years and he may very well be the best
Dirk- No
Howard- A guy that hovers around 50-60% from the FT line will not be the best player in the NBA.
Rose- Top 5 right now, will push Durant for best player in a couple years
Paul- Are you serious?
Randolph- Are you really serious?

I get that you're obviously a blind homer for Kobe, but there really is no logical way you can say he is a better player than Dirk now. Dirk was the best player on the court every game in that series. Chris Paul, basically by himself, was able to push the Lakers to six games in the first round.

And yes Randolph right now is better than Kobe, not by much, but he had a better year and much better playoff run.

I get that you're obviously a blind homer for Kobe, but there really is no logical way you can say he is a better player than Dirk now. Dirk was the best player on the court every game in that series. Chris Paul, basically by himself, was able to push the Lakers to six games in the first round.

And yes Randolph right now is better than Kobe, not by much, but he had a better year and much better playoff run.

He is not better than Kobe. He may have been better for 1 series in the playoffs but Kobe was a 1st team NBA player this year while Randolph was 3rd. By your logic, Jason Terry is better than Kobe because he played better in that LA series.

I will give you though that Dirk, Howard, Rose, Paul, Durant are better than Kobe right now. Something tells me though that next year Kobe will be back to being better than them. He needs rest and to get healthy though.

IMO Lebron has swallowed his pride and is finally becoming a team player. He knows Dwade vs. Kidd is the matchup to exploit in the finals with the game on the line and isn't trying to do everything by himself. Why does "clutch" have to always be about scoring? He's made some great looks in the fourth quarter and crunch time and as a result the Heat are getting it done. He's finally playing unselfish fourth quarter ball, where he's previously been criticized for trying to do to much, and now he's being called out for it. I just don't get it.

Latest posts