Gregg Doyel Update: Still a D-Bag...

IMO Lebron has swallowed his pride and is finally becoming a team player. He knows Dwade vs. Kidd is the matchup to exploit in the finals with the game on the line and isn't trying to do everything by himself. Why does "clutch" have to always be about scoring? He's made some great looks in the fourth quarter and crunch time and as a result the Heat are getting it done. He's finally playing unselfish fourth quarter ball, where he's previously been criticized for trying to do to much, and now he's being called out for it. I just don't get it.

When has he ever been criticized for doing to much? He hasn't. The knock early in his career was that he would rather pass than shoot. Or that he would not drive and take over a game when he should. He settled for jumpers when he doesn't have a good jumper.

I do agree though that there are multiple levels of clutch and defensive stops can be very clutch.

I get that you're obviously a blind homer for Kobe, but there really is no logical way you can say he is a better player than Dirk now. Dirk was the best player on the court every game in that series. Chris Paul, basically by himself, was able to push the Lakers to six games in the first round.

And yes Randolph right now is better than Kobe, not by much, but he had a better year and much better playoff run.

I agree with HawkeyeMike on just about everything he is saying. It's refreshing to hear some people on the same wavelength. I sometimes wonder if half these clowns even watch pro ball. Dirk...No. Are you Kidding??? That blows my mind. Dirk is a freak. The best shooter in Finals by far. (I'm a Heat fan).

And yes what Randolph willed his team to in the playoffs was with out a doubt a better performance than what Kobe did in the playoffs. So you can agrue, he's playing at higher level right now. Kobe will likely be more productive next year with some time off...I agree with that. The FACTS are this year he wasnt.

Kobe the best player in the league? Come on man. What analysis are you using to come to that conclusion? Certainly not stats. Obviously not postseason play.

IMO Lebron has swallowed his pride and is finally becoming a team player. He knows Dwade vs. Kidd is the matchup to exploit in the finals with the game on the line and isn't trying to do everything by himself. Why does "clutch" have to always be about scoring? He's made some great looks in the fourth quarter and crunch time and as a result the Heat are getting it done. He's finally playing unselfish fourth quarter ball, where he's previously been criticized for trying to do to much, and now he's being called out for it. I just don't get it.

This.

He is not better than Kobe. He may have been better for 1 series in the playoffs but Kobe was a 1st team NBA player this year while Randolph was 3rd. By your logic, Jason Terry is better than Kobe because he played better in that LA series.

I will give you though that Dirk, Howard, Rose, Paul, Durant are better than Kobe right now. Something tells me though that next year Kobe will be back to being better than them. He needs rest and to get healthy though.

All NBA voting, while much better than the All-Star voting, still relies a lot on a player's reputation. Kobe has had a great career and gets the benefit of the doubt. Randolph, should have been second team, but he plays in Memphis for a team that got off to a bad start. He isn't better than Howard or Durant but he is better than Amare, but Amare plays in NY.

For the regular season, Randolph had 10.5 win shares and Kobe had 10.3, so he was better than him not just during the playoffs, but all year.

You mean the series that the Magic won in 6 games and Lebron quit on his team? The one where he walked off the court without shaking hands with the Magic?

Yeah, that's the series. The one where he averaged a 40/8/8 and put up a 49/6/8, 41/7/9 and 44/7/12 in losses. You're right if only he had stepped up more, Delonte and Mo deserve a better leader.

All NBA voting, while much better than the All-Star voting, still relies a lot on a player's reputation. Kobe has had a great career and gets the benefit of the doubt. Randolph, should have been second team, but he plays in Memphis for a team that got off to a bad start. He isn't better than Howard or Durant but he is better than Amare, but Amare plays in NY.

For the regular season, Randolph had 10.5 win shares and Kobe had 10.3, so he was better than him not just during the playoffs, but all year.

Kobe had 2 pts higher PER (what Hollinger uses) than Randolph for the season. Kobe is an all NBA defender. Randolph is not a great defender.

Zach had a good season. But it is laughable to debate that he is better than Kobe Bryant.

I get that you're obviously a blind homer for Kobe, but there really is no logical way you can say he is a better player than Dirk now. Dirk was the best player on the court every game in that series. Chris Paul, basically by himself, was able to push the Lakers to six games in the first round.

And yes Randolph right now is better than Kobe, not by much, but he had a better year and much better playoff run.

Im a huge Celtics fan and cant stand Kobe so your argument of me being a blind homer is out the window. 1 postseason does not automatically vault a player over another.

Some players may have had better seasons or postseasons than Kobe but, in my opinion, he is still the best all-around player in the NBA.

Kobe had 2 pts higher PER (what Hollinger uses) than Randolph for the season. Kobe is an all NBA defender. Randolph is not a great defender.

Zach had a good season. But it is laughable to debate that he is better than Kobe Bryant.

Yeah, PER also has Kevin Love as the fourth best player in the league. I'll take win shares over PER any day.

LeBron James playing as big as ever in NBA Finals - ESPN

Suck it, Greggory. Rick Reilly putting you in your place. Good atricle IMO...I got some laughs
I just came in to post the same link.

Doyel is an idiot who would rather BE the story than WRITE the story.

A ring is a ring, even if Wade gets the MVP. James had to be willing to share the responsibility and the glory to go to Miami in the first place.

And I'm a Lebron hater who is rooting for the Mavs.

I just came in to post the same link.

Doyel is an idiot who would rather BE the story than WRITE the story.

A ring is a ring, even if Wade gets the MVP. James had to be willing to share the responsibility and the glory to go to Miami in the first place.

And I'm a Lebron hater who is rooting for the Mavs.

Nail on the head. Thanks. So True.

Those that don't see James' complete and total dominance in this entire playoffs is either blinded by hate or knows absolutely nothing about basketball. It's not even debateable.

Those that don't see James' complete and total dominance in this entire playoffs is either blinded by hate or knows absolutely nothing about basketball. It's not even debateable.

No doubt he has been dominant. Very impressive.

I never said James hasnt had a great postseason. All I'm saying is one postseason does not catapult him over Kobe.

I never said James hasnt had a great postseason. All I'm saying is one postseason does not catapult him over Kobe.

Agreed. The fact that he's a better player than Kobe catapults him over Kobe. More efficient scorer, better rebounder, better passer, better and more versatile defender than Kobe.

Agreed. The fact that he's a better player than Kobe catapults him over Kobe. More efficient scorer, better rebounder, better passer, better and more versatile defender than Kobe.

In both their primes, Kobe is the better ball player. At this stage it isn't close. Hell 2 years ago when both players where on the US team, everyone agreed that Kobe Bryant was the best defender on the team and he played defense on other countries best players. Lebron was considered a poor defender until a couple years ago. Kobe is a better overall scorer. You have to guard him the entire court where as teams just try and stop Lebron from driving and give him the 3's most of the time. You can't do that with Kobe and that opens up the entire offense. Kobe shoots FT's better. He shoots 3's better and he is more competitive than Lebron. There are many games where the Lakers have been down and Kobe has willed them from behind for wins. Lebron hasn't done that YET (minus that Chicago series which was great).

Latest posts