Greg Garmon Transferring

Re: Garmon Transferring

There's only one person who didn't see this coming: Kirk Ferentz

You could blame the kid, and see him as an impatient spoiled athlete. Then again, put yourself in his shoes. He watches a guy like Tanner Miller get burned all year long... and looks over at the young DB talent sitting on the sideline. Then he thinks about his future.

Last edited:

No commitment anymore from some of these kids.....good God.....maybe Stony Brook is looking for a RB

Absolutely amazing. Well that's the transfer at RB for the offseason. Now we just need a torn ACL, a drug-bust, and a drop-out due to grades and we should be set. Really seems like this is the norm. Hope I'm proven wrong.

There's only one person who didn't see this coming: Kirk Ferentz

You could blame the kid, and see him as an impatient spoiled athlete. Then again, put yourself in his shoes. He watches a guy like Tanner Miller get burned all year long... and looks over at the young DB talent sitting on the sideline. Then he thinks about his future.

To be honest, I don't think Garmon was looking at anything else but his own future, he could care less about the DB's and Tanner Miller. If he had to look at what was happening with the DB's before seeing what was infront of him with his own future, the kid isn't too bright then.

There's only one person who didn't see this coming: Kirk Ferentz.

People are just being silly now. In Rob howe's interview with Garmon's dad he said all parties felt it wasn't a good fit. I don't think Greg had a promising future re: playing time at Iowa in the zone scheme.

With or without Garmon we will be begging for 6 wins next season...best of luck to Greg wherever he chooses to play.

You know its a bad *** thread when the "hey jerk off's" come flying. Not shocking sad but just not shocking. I'd get the heck out now if I could as well.

He looks around and sees Weisman and Bullock just one year ahead of him and those two are going to play. Canzeri is same eligibility age. I too wonder if a position change of some level was discussed. Even if not, his chance at getting meaningful carries next year, barring injuries, weren't great. Weisman and Bullock are the two best knob commodities right now and Canzeri has proven it to the staff

But this is the Iowa Hawkeyes. We will lose at least one more of the top 4 before the season starts, then the others will go down before we get to conference play. Barkley Hill will start a game next season, and some walk on/service academy transfer will be getting meaningful carries, just like my namesake. It is inevitable.

He looks around and sees Weisman and Bullock just one year ahead of him and those two are going to play. Canzeri is same eligibility age. I too wonder if a position change of some level was discussed. Even if not, his chance at getting meaningful carries next year, barring injuries, weren't great. Weisman and Bullock are the two best knob commodities right now and Canzeri has proven it to the staff

1) He was a freshman. He very well could have turned into a great running back at Iowa, but now we will never know.

2) I'm sure he was super excited to switch to WR in the Ferentz/Davis offense. He could run all of those awesome 3 yard routes which would totally maximize his skills.

Yeah I know....the Hawkeyes never have injuries at RB.

Both threads say started at 5:27, so since there's no conclusive evidence I say we settle this with arm wrestling.

People are just being silly now. In Rob howe's interview with Garmon's dad he said all parties felt it wasn't a good fit. I don't think Greg had a promising future re: playing time at Iowa in the zone scheme.

Why offer him a scholarship then? Another good recruit leaves again.

FreedComanche

Why stay if there is an upper classman your position. No matter how poorly an upper classman plays you wont get playing time without an injury.

But this is the Iowa Hawkeyes. We will lose at least one more of the top 4 before the season starts, then the others will go down before we get to conference play. Barkley Hill will start a game next season, and some walk on/service academy transfer will be getting meaningful carries, just like my namesake. It is inevitable.

Rumblings in the River City suggest Garmon will not be the only RB transferring this year. Sorry to see him go, but it looks like his role on the team and playing time were at odds with what the staff saw. Hopefully he will find a program that better suits his skills and needs. Wish him well. Silly question but here goes: do you think Ferentz imposed any restrictions?

Latest posts