Greg Garmon Transferring

Re: Garmon Transferring

Not very surprising. I don't think he was ever going to be a true up the middle type of back which I'm sure he pictures himself as. Iowa's running game will always be the same under Ferentz and Garmon was more fit to be a slot guy. He either saw the next 3 years going the same way and wanted out or Ferentz wanted him to change position in my opinion.

This is the scenario that makes the most sense to me.

I was more dissapointed when McCall left. Garmon? Meh

Sad part is we only saw Garmon get like 10 carries but seriously I agree with you. Call me crazy just for some reason Garmon even before he got here his committment wasn't the same as McCall. Maybe people are already starting out with that deep down feeling that RBs aren't going to last at Iowa.

Unreal. Kirk continues to run the program further into the ground. This is pathetic.

same. Hard saying that about a 4 star player but at RB he just isn't able to utilize the skills that made him a 4 star player.

He was a freshman who played sparingly this year. I don't think we can definitively say what he can't do.

Quote from Garmon:

"It was great to be a Hawkeye. Best fans in the country. It just wasn't a fit for me."

I think part of this is that I'm getting split time and the team record of 4-8 doesn't inspire championship level football.

It's amazing how much freshman think they should play.

EDIT: if in fact that's why he wants to leave.

He looks around and sees Weisman and Bullock just one year ahead of him and those two are going to play. Canzeri is same eligibility age. I too wonder if a position change of some level was discussed. Even if not, his chance at getting meaningful carries next year, barring injuries, weren't great. Weisman and Bullock are the two best knob commodities right now and Canzeri has proven it to the staff

Not surprising, seems to be the thing to do anymore. If things don't immediately turn out the way you want them to, take your ball and go home.

Latest posts