Greg Garmon Transferring

I think Garmon didn't appear fast at all but that doesn't mean he wasn't. He looked like he was hesitating out there. He didn't look prepared, maybe he didn't understand the offense. Wegher and McCall (limited carries) both saw action but right away you could tell they didn't hesitate at all, they knew what to do and they did it. Garmon I don't think he did.

I would agree guys like BW, ARob, MM seemed to run with purpose/no hesitation and maybe GG was waiting more for something to open up or just running up the back of OL. Also true the former had a healthy OL to run behind so hard to say

I did see one very promising play with Garmon, the wheel route in OT against MSU. He didn't have quite enough sideline room, but it showed me he had some skills. And he may have been too hesitant, hence the appearance of "average" speed.

If Hill isn't injured and Bullock stayed injury-free, my guess is Garmon shows up next year with "RS FR" next to his name.

I just kind of wonder what else may have happened to cause this, or if it's simply "not a good fit" as has been said.

I love the wheel route call, that was awesome. Just wish he had enough room he probably could have make some good open field moves on that play.

Yeah, Hill is a traditional between the tackles guy, he would have played and Garmon probably would have RS but then again, who is to say that Garmon wouldn't have seen this coming that he was going to be buried in the depth chart as well as he put it "didn't feel comfortable in this offense". Either way I think no matter what happened he was leaving. I obviously didn't see it coming, but what I mean is but now that it happened, it looked inevitable.

Weisman could truck guys though and ran through arm tackles. MW was much more exciting to watch, maybe because he was such an out-of-nowhere surprise.

I think this is a huge point, it comes with recruiting hype. Not many people knew who Mark Weisman was before he took over for Brad Rogers at FB. Garmon was a top 25 RB in the nation his SR in HS. Unless Garmon took the starting position and ran for an average of 5+ yards per carry for the season and had 800+ yards and had 7-10 TDs and some receiving yards and TDs as well. He wasn't going to live up to the hype a lot of people were expecting.

Latest posts