Greg Garmon Arrested

What's funny is that both sides of this argument are "right".

It is JUST weed.

BUT, that doesn't mean that excuses should be made or that the actions should be justified.

Look, I have a 17 year old and if the Good Lord came to me and gave me the following choices: a)she gets pregnant b)she starts taking meth c)she drives drunk or d)she smokes pot.....I'll take D every day of the week and twice on Sundays. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be highly disappointed in her actions and that she wouldn't face repercussions....quite the contrary.

So let's just say that Garmon made a hugely stupid decision given all of the privilege that's lined up for him if he just flies the straight and narrow while at the same time saying that it could have been a WHOLE LOT worse.

I think some of you are missing the point. The people arguing that is should be legal understand it is not at this time and that he will be punished. We do not think due to the current laws that he should not be. We are just pointing out that the fact he should be punished more then lets say a DUI is pretty dumb. Just because we do not agree with it does not mean we do not understand why it will happen. You can still understand something and still not like it.

This does and will always come down to the fact something that is actually less worse for you then alcohol is still illegal. We all know someday down the line it will be legal.

Oh I didnt realize that Garmon was driving....dont they do a blood test to see if he will be charged with a DUI?

I think they would have charged him with DUI, if they didn't have him perform the field sobriety tests (which they may have) I highly doubt they'll be able to convict him of DUI even if a blood tests come back positive (which it most likely would).

I think they would have charged him with DUI, if they didn't have him perform the field sobriety tests (which they may have) I highly doubt they'll be able to convict him of DUI even if a blood tests come back positive (which it most likely would).

Not to mention weed can stay in your system for 30 days. A blood test for a DUI involving weed wouldn't be conclusive.

Not to mention weed can stay in your system for 30 days. A blood test for a DUI involving weed wouldn't be conclusive.

exactly why without field sobriety tests I don't think he'd be convicted. Would be hard to prove he was under the influence at the time of being pulled over.

No. 33 — RB Greg Garmon | TheGazette

It is impossible to crystal ball the courts, but a simple misdemeanor isn’t a hanging offense. Without benefit of the knowledge of how this case might be adjudicated, Garmon likely will still be on scholarship. Again, if this is a simple misdemeanor against, it probably won’t keep Garmon out of Iowa. An OWI arrest is a serious misdemeanor and players have lived through those.
When he does arrive, however, he is likely looking at a suspension of one to three games. A message has to be sent, but ties don’t need to be cut.

This is what I have been saying since Day One. I'm glad House has the same opinion.

Simple possession of weed dismissed.
Driving unregistered vehicle dismissed.

Guilty of paraphernalia. 300 dollar fine.

Like I was saying, chill out ya'll.