Greg Davis Retires

hell-yes--e1465011373619.jpg
Hell Yes! I'm Ron Burgundy?!

Ya never know. If Kennedy sticks around, I'm really not going to be optimistic.

He gone. No inside knowledge, but I will make a side bet if you want. If Kennedy is around come spring football at Iowa, then I will post only negative post like you on here about football. If he is gone, you will post only positive posts about football on here.

Do we have a bet?

Sweet Jesus in golden diapers, swaddling in a manger Hallelujah! Makes me wanna party like it's 1999!

That would make sense for a whole lot of reasons. He has had success here before and Ferentz trusts him. The only down side is Philbin doesn't much care for recruiting.
If recent results are any indication, it appears many of the current staff share the same aversion to recruiting.

Do we really think it will be different? I remember how happy all of us were when KOK left. In the end was it any different?
Seriously. KF runs the offense and the OC is a fictitious person that is put in there to make it look like we have an OC.
I will be the next man up for $125k. . . . cheep, cheep.........

Do we really think it will be different? I remember how happy all of us were when KOK left. In the end was it any different?
Seriously. KF runs the offense and the OC is a fictitious person that is put in there to make it look like we have an OC.
I will be the next man up for $125k. . . . cheep, cheep.........
Most of us were NOT enamored with the Greg Davis hire in the first place and like many pundits questioned that move. Well as we've seen over the past 6 seasons those of us that questioned the move knew what Kirk should do better than Kirk (another disturbing reality). And just because you know football doesn't mean you know the right people to hire.

I'm going to bet no, I'm thinking he's going to get a proven commodity
I agree. He needs to make a splash with this hire but my gut tells me he will not get the aggressive OC candidate that the offense needs to complement an already good run game. With that said, I hope he goes back to KF 2.0 from 15' and thinks a little out of the box for this decision. BF is NOT ready to be the OC. He still needs some time under his belt.

Latest posts