Greg Davis Retires

I'd like to know what connection Ferentz has to the people that decide the winner of the Joe Moore award. Seems like the so called stars conveniently lined up for Brian to be marketable for a OC job. Hmmm....
CAPPY A VERY CRAFTY SORT NO DOUBT!BUT SUNDAY BB WILL BE GOOD TEST FOR FRESHMEN ECT.

Knowing Kirk he'll hire someone from Des Moines University.

Outstanding character. Great guy.

If it's Brian he has to produce or his coaching career goes bye bye

----------That would make sense for a whole lot of reasons. He has had success here before and Ferentz trusts him. The only down side is Philbin doesn't much care for recruiting.

Can we for just one second think how crazy that last sentence sounds.....especially given that the HC obviosuly puts up with it. I've been saying for over a decade that lazy recruiting is the number one problem.

---------Guys, calm down for a moment and think this through. Ferentz just bought himself some more love with the fans, just like when KOK left.

Not with me he didn't.....i still think Ferments is a lousy ass coach who has mastered the art of pulling gold coins out of his ass every 5-6 years, thus fooling the townspeople.

This could be a sink or swim situation for Brian.
He'd have the nation's supposedly best OL (lol) along with the nation's best rusher. If he fails, I don't know if blaming it on a new QB will work... Lol who am I kidding Iowans will love him no matter how bad the offense is. All hail the ferments gene!!

If KF hires Brian for this job, his son is doomed to be a failure, whether he is good or not.
----------That would make sense for a whole lot of reasons. He has had success here before and Ferentz trusts him. The only down side is Philbin doesn't much care for recruiting.

Can we for just one second think how crazy that last sentence sounds.....especially given that the HC obviosuly puts up with it. I've been saying for over a decade that lazy recruiting is the number one problem.

---------Guys, calm down for a moment and think this through. Ferentz just bought himself some more love with the fans, just like when KOK left.

Not with me he didn't.....i still think Ferments is a lousy ass coach who has mastered the art of pulling gold coins out of his ass every 5-6 years, thus fooling the townspeople.

Did not realize from reading about 100 of your previous posts that you didn't like KF. Thanks for the clarification. Goodness. He has always spoken highly of you...

He'd have the nation's supposedly best OL (lol) along with the nation's best rusher. If he fails, I don't know if blaming it on a new QB will work... Lol who am I kidding Iowans will love him no matter how bad the offense is. All hail the ferments gene!!

If the passing offense, and thus the overall offense, isn't markedly better, both the OC and HC should be criticized heavily, no matter what the last name of the OC is. And by marked improvement, I'm saying a top 80 overall passing offense/3rd down/1st down rank, which still isn't good, and a top 70 overall rank, which still isn't very good. But it's a huge improvement over last year, and with a similar level of defensive success, likely gives us 1-2 more wins, a shot at the B1G West and B1G Championship, and at minimum a competitive performance in a high level bowl game.

What I want for offensive production next year isn't what I think the goal should be, just what I need to see to not be dissappointed.

I would submit that perhaps as a blood relative Brian is the only one who CAN change KFz.

Fallacy. Why do people think they can change other people if said other person doesn't want to change?

People are who they are until THEY decide differently.

Fallacy. Why do people think they can change other people if said other person doesn't want to change?

People are who they are until THEY decide differently.
Iowa will be Iowa no matter who the offensive coordinator is as long as Ferentz is in charge. I have a feeling that Davis isn't going to retire in Iowa City.

I'm sure Jon will get to it but if I were him, no way I wouldn't have done an instant reaction podcast on this... :)

Latest posts