Greg Davis Retires

I wouldn't be surprised if BF gets promoted and AJ Blazek takes lateral move from Rutgers to coach OL.

If Brian gets hired (I fully expect that to happen) then I would love for them to go after Blazek. Not a fan of bringing Philbin back into the fold.

ESecPN has not reported on it. There was a twitter story but other than that nothing. I find that somewhat interesting.

Well this was part of the Kirks plan. Now he can promote Brian to OC, the next step in the plan will happen in a couple of years when Kirk retires and he can hand off the captains hat to his kid.

Will the change help? Yeah sure maybe a little bit, but Davis was not the entire problem. The rest of the issue still sits with the low tier recruits we go after. Brian might have more imagination on offense but you can't teach speed and talent... you either have it or you don't.

If Brian gets hired (I fully expect that to happen) then I would love for them to go after Blazek. Not a fan of bringing Philbin back into the fold.
I'd like to know what connection Ferentz has to the people that decide the winner of the Joe Moore award. Seems like the so called stars conveniently lined up for Brian to be marketable for a OC job. Hmmm....

I don't know for sure, but I think Kennedy was involved. I don't think Greg Davis does much if any recruiting outside of QB's.

If I remember correctly I think Kennedy and White were the ones listed on 247 sports but not sure if they were accurate.

I will leave this right here....check on the right hand side in the box under Coaching Career https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Ferentz

was-that-wrong_new.jpg

He was only here because of Davis, out WR have sucked for awhile, so 2+2 = asked to move along.
which means KF fired him, and that makes me think that he is as fed up with our offensive problems as much as we are, which makes me believe he will go after a proven offensive minded coach. maybe just wishful thinking.
If Brian wants to be a head coach somewhere in the future it will not benefit him one bit to run an offense like Greg Davis.
bingo, Brian is to young to screw this up if he does get the job

In 5 years of GD coaching 89 Division 1 programs had better offenses, and 38 were worse than Iowa. I like our chances, no matter who we hire!

Latest posts