Garza, Bohannon and the Virus

Two NBA players have now been tested positive for the Coronavirus. These are young men in really good shape.

Being young and in good shape doesn't improve your chances of not getting it. It just makes it so your symptoms are so minor, you can play in an NBA game just fine. They probably barely know they have it. Which means most people who have it probably don't even get diagnosed, which makes the death rate way lower than is being reported. I know I wouldn't go to the hospital for a runny nose and cough that lasted a couple days. It really makes me wonder what percentage of the infected have even been diagnosed.

I didn't read it as a "not so bad" outcome. I read it as "the outcome is already decided so we have to move on". It doesn't matter anyways from this point on because the damage to the economy is already past the point of no return. I just think it would have been better for the mass majority to let it run it's course as quickly as possible, then pick up the pieces and move on.

I see where you went wrong, you thought. Not only did you think, you thought without critically thinking how that would have over ran the healthcare system and more would have died because of the inability to receive care.

Quite the fucking saint you are.

The people in WW2 didn't doe to save lives. They died to preserve a way of life. We are all sacrificing a way of life to possibly save some people (and possibly not). You say you can work from home. That's good for you. What about self employed people. If this drags out for too long, I lose my house that my 4 kids live in. If we continue down the road of shitting down the country until this thing runs its course, I don't see a scenario where myself and millions others haven't lost everything.

I believe a guy at work told me Trump met with top Bankers and told them they are not to forclose on any individuals home or business secondary to anything due to the Covid-19. But, this doesn't mean it doesn't set people back for sure.

Last edited:
I see where you went wrong, you thought. Not only did you think, you thought without critically thinking how that would have over ran the healthcare system and more would have died because of the inability to receive care.

Quite the fucking saint you are.

I've had multiple posts already on here about that exact same thing. Thats a small part of the equation. Just like the suicide rate skyrocketing due to people not being able to provide for their family is a small part of the equation. Going through this virus slowly will do two things. It will save X number people from dying from the virus, and it will cripple the economy, causing X number of people to die from things like suicide and stress related heart attacks.

And I'm far from a saint, nor would I ever claim to be one.

I believe a guy at work told me Trump met with top Bankers and told them they are not to forclose on any individuals home secondary to anything due to the Covid-19. But, this doesn't mean it doesn't set people back for sure.
I don't want to get political, but Trump is the right person to be in office to try to help minimize the recession/depression.

I would think it would be more likely Garza stays. His stated goal was helping bring Iowa a national championship and it looks like he won't get a chance to make that happen this year (I know it was a long shot anyway-maybe a Sweet 16 would have placated him enough to leave).

Even if this thing reacts like the flu the vaccine won’t be ready by next fall anyways and this thing could come back with a vengeance next fall cancelling out the entire season and shutting down colleges. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Do you have toilet paper and hand sanitizer??? :(

I've had multiple posts already on here about that exact same thing. Thats a small part of the equation. Just like the suicide rate skyrocketing due to people not being able to provide for their family is a small part of the equation. Going through this virus slowly will do two things. It will save X number people from dying from the virus, and it will cripple the economy, causing X number of people to die from things like suicide and stress related heart attacks.

Very valid point and very interesting to debate. For the overall health of the population and economy, is it better to let it run its course or slow it down causing collateral damage? Interesting.

It's NOT a small part of it. GOOD LORD. Please educate yourself already about this for your safety and more importantly others around you.

I don't want to get political, but Trump is the right person to be in office to try to help minimize the recession/depression.

I believe it was absolutely crucial to have had him in office the last 4 years myself. We needed a business man who could make deals who was not a politician.

Huh? Why? The Fed reserve is not Govt controlled. Both Bush and Obama pushed things to keep things a float better or worse. Trump will do what? Most of what any President can do is save the funds of the 1 percent as wealth is transferred. 08 thru ten was a huge wealth transfer. We as a group cheered as 15 dollar an hour jobs w no benefits grew.

We are in worse shape in many ways now than prior to 08.

You should watch the Netflix show China Hustle that talks about a native Iowan and his empire making money on joint China US business derivatives.

It's NOT a small part of it. GOOD LORD. Please educate yourself already about this for your safety and more importantly others around you.

If you want to change "small" from the first part, you have to change it in the second part too. Legit questions for you. What do you think of the clearly huge economic fallout this is going to cause? Do you think it will be worse the longer this goes on? Do you think really bad things are going to happen to a lot of people if this recession becomes a depression? If you dont want to answer or even think about those questions, that's fine. My priorities on this topic might be skewed due to having no family members older than 65 and having a job that depends heavily on a good economy, I fully admit that. But I promise you, I see both sides. The question is, you you even see the other side? Have you even contemplated the negative effects of dragging this out? I'm not saying you have to favor the other side. Its completely fine if you don't. But your posts to me lead me to believe you haven't given a single thought to the other side. Which is funny because you're calling me out for not seeing one side.

Huh? Why? The Fed reserve is not Govt controlled. Both Bush and Obama pushed things to keep things a float better or worse. Trump will do what? Most of what any President can do is save the funds of the 1 percent as wealth is transferred. 08 thru ten was a huge wealth transfer. We as a group cheered as 15 dollar an hour jobs w no benefits grew.

We are in worse shape in many ways now than prior to 08.

You should watch the Netflix show China Hustle that talks about a native Iowan and his empire making money on joint China US business derivatives.
If you want to know why I said that, look at the post I quoted when I said it.

They just cancelled the College World Series. It's in June dudes. People that aren't getting what's happening, I hope you do soon.

Even if this thing reacts like the flu the vaccine won’t be ready by next fall anyways and this thing could come back with a vengeance next fall cancelling out the entire season and shutting down colleges. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Do you have toilet paper and hand sanitizer??? :(

Started to grab some TP off the shelf at Walmart and some chick assaulted me.

Was hoping for actual meat. Didn't say anything. Not being smart, foreclosures won't happen that fast.

They won't be in dorms either. Colleges are sending their kids home. I have a feeling all classrooms will be empty soon.

Most schools are keeping dorms, dining halls, and even rec centers open.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: something is "off" with all this.

All of the things that could "come crashing down" by doing the things prescribed to stop the spread may very well happen if you *don't* do those things too, plus worse things. A lot worse things. This is all important imo to fighting the inevitable and slowing it down. It's like the most important thing we can do now. They just cancelled school for all public schools K-12 in OH. I would imagine you can plan on seeing other states start to follow suit.

Latest posts