Garza, Bohannon and the Virus

That is a stupid apples and oranges argument. The Nazis were murderers while a virus is a natural part of the world humans have to live with and work around, in, and try to fix and cure.

What is not an argument is Dr. Fauci telling congress today that the US Govt response to this virus has been bad and very poor. And just after Fauci said this Trump was on tv saying we have this great testing system which we do not.

I just heard the head of the Harvard School of Global Health say that the US response has been very bad and doctors and anyone else cannot get a virus test done if they want to.

This poor response is terrible in this country and Trump is suppose to be the leader and Trump has been gutting the federal govt and CDC etc for over 3 years.

You can never prove the negative of not cancelling these events, schools, etc etc but we have already seen what happened in Wuhan area of China and in Italy when containment and tough closures do not take place fast enough. What happens is the infection numbers double about every 5 days according to the evidence and the numbers.

If you think there are only 1400 infected people in the US with the lack of testing we have then I have some koolaid to sell you at $1000 a glass.

Pretty amazing statement from Harvard, given their chemistry prof was recently arrested by the FBI for not disclosing ties to China. Said ties were with Wuhan University of Technology.. Yeah, Harvard is on top of things...

Pretty amazing statement from Harvard, given their chemistry prof was recently arrested by the FBI for not disclosing ties to China. Said ties were with Wuhan University of Technology.. Yeah, Harvard is on top of things...

That's right all of Harvard is in the deep state conspiracy business, even the incoming freshman. Perfect Fox News 'what aboutism' playbook use.

Let's agree there is at least a positive outcome out of all of this. Our healthcare system HOPEFULLY will be better prepared for a deadlier outbreak in the future. Of course, they will really have to hit the library to figure out a way to make a profit off of it.

That's right all of Harvard is in the deep state conspiracy business, even the incoming freshman. Perfect Fox News 'what aboutism' playbook use.

Are you kidding? Good God, you are actually willing to overlook what happened there?

Never mind, I get it. Ignoring it is just easier for you

Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan & Maryland just shut down Kindergarten - 12th grade from 2-3 weeks Today is the last day in Iowa for public schools before Spring Break. I wonder if they will be open after next week? Linn Mar in Marion is closing down all spring break activities next week. How are parents who work full time going to take care of their kids for extended days off?

Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan & Maryland just shut down Kindergarten - 12th grade from 2-3 weeks Today is the last day in Iowa for public schools before Spring Break. I wonder if they will be open after next week? Linn Mar in Marion is closing down all spring break activities next week. How are parents who work full time going to take care of their kids for extended days off?

That is why Congress and the govt needs to have and are trying to get to 2 weeks of paid sick leave along with 100% emergency unemployment insurance.

The Federal Unemployment laws I heard have rules for emergency measures and I hope they get this done to keep putting money in workers pockets so they can buy food, etc and lessen a depression.

Our spring break ends today for my kids in MN and I fully anticipate getting a call within the next day or so stating school will be closed for another 2 weeks. I went to the store last night in anticipation so I could get food for lunches and stuff since they would be home. LOTS of empty shelves and low stock so people are preparing for the long haul.

First time I have ever seen the bags of rice and beans completely sold out same with a bunch of canned soups etc. It is really going to be interesting to see if this thing spreads and large amounts of people start to miss work or are required to quarantine from work. Then we will see a major panic because food etc won't be able to be stocked or delivered. Not saying the ends of times or anything but it may be uncomfortable for awhile.

Even if you don't go to the hospital it can scar your lungs. Just cause it doesn't kill you doesn't make it a threat it can impact your life.

Exactly true. I was in U of I student health for 2 weeks with pneumonia my freshman year in spring 1971. I caught a virus or cold in the spring and it got bad enough to mess up my lungs where pneumonia ensued.

After getting released the doctors showed me my lung xrays and I had scarring in the bottom 1/4 of my lungs. I lost some breathing ability and endurance at that time. And it can happen to anyone.

The many people that are included on coronavirus as not being severely impacted include all those who still get really sick but do not have to go on a ventilator. Isnt that amazing that you can be severely sick but the CDC and whoever's request describes you as not that affected just because they didnt hook you up to a ventilator.

My employer is paying a 75% pandemic wage with the rest able to be supplemented with PTO to take care of kids if school gets cancelled or a loved one needs cared for, most won't be so lucky. The $1.5 trillion that the fed just injected into wall street could have been used for this, but then who would take care of the poor stock holders? :(

First time I have ever seen the bags of rice and beans completely sold out same with a bunch of canned soups etc. It is really going to be interesting to see if this thing spreads and large amounts of people start to miss work or are required to quarantine from work. Then we will see a major panic because food etc won't be able to be stocked or delivered. Not saying the ends of times or anything but it may be uncomfortable for awhile.

I went and bought a month's supply of shit over 2 weeks ago because I had a strong feeling this would happen. I encouraged friends and family to do the same. I wanted to avoid the crowds if possible. Where are you seeing it, Minneapolis?

Last edited:
As pressure for coronavirus vaccine mounts, scientists debate risks of accelerated testing

"Studies have suggested that coronavirus vaccines carry the risk of what is known as vaccine enhancement, where instead of protecting against infection, the vaccine can actually make the disease worse when a vaccinated person is infected with the virus. The mechanism that causes that risk is not fully understood and is one of the stumbling blocks that has prevented the successful development of a coronavirus vaccine."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-insight-idUSKBN20Y1GZ

I went and bought a month's supply of shit over 2 weeks ago because I had a strong feeling this would happen. I wanted to avoid the crowds if possible. Where are you seeing it, Minneapolis?

When you posted about stocking up on supplies a few weeks ago, I replied that it was much ado about nothing, and that it would blow over just like the SARS/MERS/Zika viruses that came before. I was wrong, I did not understand the important differences.

This is much more like the Asian Flu (1957, 70,000 deaths in US) or the Hong Kong Flu (winter of '68-'69, 33,000 deaths in US). Hopefully it does not become like the Spanish Flu (1918), which killed 675,000 Americans (more than died in both World Wars, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War combined), and killed over 50 million worldwide.

To think about the Spanish Flu in terms of proportion, it killed 0.6% of the US population. If we experienced something similar in this case, that would be 2 million deaths (and no, I am not predicting that this is what will happen, just trying to provide a sense of the size of the Spanish Flu pandemic).

When you posted about stocking up on supplies a few weeks ago, I replied that it was much ado about nothing, and that it would blow over just like the SARS/MERS/Zika viruses that came before. I was wrong, I did not understand the important differences.

This is much more like the Asian Flu (1957, 70,000 deaths in US) or the Hong Kong Flu (winter of '68-'69, 33,000 deaths in US). Hopefully it does not become like the Spanish Flu (1918), which killed 675,000 Americans (more than died in both World Wars, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War combined), and killed over 50 million worldwide.

To think about the Spanish Flu in terms of proportion, it killed 0.6% of the US population. If we experienced something similar in this case, that would be 2 million deaths (and no, I am not predicting that this is what will happen, just trying to provide a sense of the size of the Spanish Flu pandemic).
I had been following it heavily and hearing first hand accounts about it, some info was leaking from China, just not officially. That in combination with the difficulty of managing a large scale event like this, the arrogance in ignorance of a lot of American people, the lack of testing labs, sick people being scared to go to the doctor because of crazy bills and dozens other factors led me to believe it was a matter of time before it would hit here.

I just received word that UIHC is on lock down as of this morning, all medical personnel is on standby and their spring break vacations are cancelled :(

Edit: Sounds like it's more of an intense screening I guess

Last edited:

Latest posts