Garza, Bohannon and the Virus

If you think I'm going to stop licking stripper poles and touching a bunch of strangers right before I eat fried chicken you better think again.

They just cancelled the College World Series. It's in June dudes. People that aren't getting what's happening, I hope you do soon.
I think what some folks are saying is maybe this is too much, maybe this is an overreaction.

I don’t think more and more institutions falling in line makes your case any stronger and others any worse. Whether right or wrong it’s full blown panic right now.

Time will tell however whether these precautions were worth the inevitable damage they will cause.

I ask myself why is it not allowed for 60 or so folks to play a basketball game in an empty arena, but millions upon millions of people are walking around town in close corridors in Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, and LA?

All of the things that could "come crashing down" by doing the things prescribed to stop the spread may very well happen if you *don't* do those things too, plus worse things. A lot worse things. This is all important imo to fighting the inevitable and slowing it down. It's like the most important thing we can do now. They just cancelled school for all public schools K-12 in OH. I would imagine you can plan on seeing other states start to follow suit.

How many cases in OH thus far? And why K-12, which has alleged to be a low-risk group? If this turns out to be not-catastrophic, some folks will have a LOT of explaining to do.

I think what some folks are saying is maybe this is too much, maybe this is an overreaction.

I don’t think more and more institutions falling in line makes your case any stronger and others any worse. Whether right or wrong it’s full blown panic right now.

Time will tell however whether these precautions were worth the inevitable damage they will cause.

I ask myself why is it not allowed for 60 or so folks to play a basketball game in an empty arena, but millions upon millions of people are walking around town in close corridors in Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, and LA?

I agree and I don’t know why? The fact is, if these precautions taken do work, and it’s not as bad as projected, it’s probably because of the caution taken, but you’ll have the guys on the other side of this saying “see I told ya it was nothing”

I don't want to get political, but Trump is the right person to be in office to try to help minimize the recession/depression.

Haha, that is the most laughable statement I have heard in a long time period. Just a week ago Trump was telling sick people who had this they can go back to work.

Trump has been telling lies about this all along and SOOOOOOOOOOO Many people drink the Koolaid. Two weeks ago Trump was telling lies on tv right after the experts like Fauci just said the opposite.

Fauci is an expert and Trump is dumber than dirt on this subject and the economy.

If one human life is more important than way of life, it was pointless to fight WW2. Just let the Gremans take over so no one dies. Everyone has to live a shittier life. Buy hey, at least no one died. I wonder if Huck would have the world go back to living in the stone age to prevent one 100 year old man from dying from the virus.

I'm glad you didn't block me. We don't agree on the best way to get to the end of this pandemic. That doesn't mean we can't be civil.

If you want to change "small" from the first part, you have to change it in the second part too. Legit questions for you. What do you think of the clearly huge economic fallout this is going to cause? Do you think it will be worse the longer this goes on? Do you think really bad things are going to happen to a lot of people if this recession becomes a depression? If you dont want to answer or even think about those questions, that's fine. My priorities on this topic might be skewed due to having no family members older than 65 and having a job that depends heavily on a good economy, I fully admit that. But I promise you, I see both sides. The question is, you you even see the other side? Have you even contemplated the negative effects of dragging this out? I'm not saying you have to favor the other side. Its completely fine if you don't. But your posts to me lead me to believe you haven't given a single thought to the other side. Which is funny because you're calling me out for not seeing one side.

Economic down turn has been well past due, and this pandemic isn't going to just "go away faster" either way you want it to go. One side allows for the health care system to handle everything. The world is going to continue to grow in infections for awhile and having the US "hanging out to get sick faster" isn't going to speed that up any to have the economy turn around. HOLY F.

If one human life is more important than way of life, it was pointless to fight WW2. Just let the Gremans take over so no one dies. Everyone has to live a shittier life. Buy hey, at least no one died. I wonder if Huck would have the world go back to living in the stone age to prevent one 100 year old man from dying from the virus.

That is a stupid apples and oranges argument. The Nazis were murderers while a virus is a natural part of the world humans have to live with and work around, in, and try to fix and cure.

What is not an argument is Dr. Fauci telling congress today that the US Govt response to this virus has been bad and very poor. And just after Fauci said this Trump was on tv saying we have this great testing system which we do not.

I just heard the head of the Harvard School of Global Health say that the US response has been very bad and doctors and anyone else cannot get a virus test done if they want to.

This poor response is terrible in this country and Trump is suppose to be the leader and Trump has been gutting the federal govt and CDC etc for over 3 years.

You can never prove the negative of not cancelling these events, schools, etc etc but we have already seen what happened in Wuhan area of China and in Italy when containment and tough closures do not take place fast enough. What happens is the infection numbers double about every 5 days according to the evidence and the numbers.

If you think there are only 1400 infected people in the US with the lack of testing we have then I have some koolaid to sell you at $1000 a glass.

Economic down turn has been well past due, and this pandemic isn't going to just "go away faster" either way you want it to go. One side allows for the health care system to handle everything. The world is going to continue to grow in infections for awhile and having the US "hanging out to get sick faster" isn't going to speed that up any to have the economy turn around. HOLY F.
If you don't thing "hanging out to get sick" will speed it up, you must really think its dumb to not play these games in front of thousands of fans.

That is a stupid apples and oranges argument. The Nazis were murderers while a virus is a natural part of the world humans have to live with and work around, in, and try to fix and cure.

What is not an argument is Dr. Fauci telling congress today that the US Govt response to this virus has been bad and very poor. And just after Fauci said this Trump was on tv saying we have this great testing system which we do not.

I just heard the head of the Harvard School of Global Health say that the US response has been very bad and doctors and anyone else cannot get a virus test done if they want to.

This poor response is terrible in this country and Trump is suppose to be the leader and Trump has been gutting the federal govt and CDC etc for over 3 years.

You can never prove the negative of not cancelling these events, schools, etc etc but we have already seen what happened in Wuhan area of China and in Italy when containment and tough closures do not take place fast enough. What happens is the infection numbers double about every 5 days according to the evidence and the numbers.

If you think there are only 1400 infected people in the US with the lack of testing we have then I have some koolaid to sell you at $1000 a glass.
It's more like a gala to honeycrisp arguement. And I think the exact opposite of only 1400 infected. I'm guessing it's way higher than that considering most people who get it have such mild symptoms they don't bother to go get checked out.

Latest posts