Gary Barta receives contract extension and raise

so maybe THAT'S why GB keeps getting contracts? I dunno. If it's a results business, Iowa kind of gets good results (comparative to their peers)? I dunno?
You’re giving donors and Harreld way too much benefit of the doubt. The following flowchart (that does not fork) is EXACTLY what is happening here. To a T.

-Biggest donors like KF.

-Therefore the president and BOR like KF.

-KF wants BF to take over in two years.

-KF says to GB, “If you agree to “hire” BF in public and on TV (we all know GB doesn’t make that decision, not even close), I’ll get a raise for you and you set your retirement date when you want. We’ll go three years for right now, and let’s talk about it when the time comes again.”

-KF tells BH that he needs a raise and three more years for GB.

-GB gets a contract amendment delivered to his desk the next morning.

-End of story. No more; no less.

Success as an AD is really an amorphous blob that is hard to pin down. Success across all the sports is mediocre at Iowa. Okay football and basketball and wrestling, okay women’s basketball. However fundraising and revenues streams are rolling, so I think that’s the real source of success for Gary

On a serious note, is it safe to assume that Gary's early stage prostate cancer has been effectively treated, and although these things never go away for sure, Barta must be healthy enough that he has no thoughts of early retirement. If that is the case, I happy for him personally.

You’re giving donors and Harreld way too much benefit of the doubt. The following flowchart (that does not fork) is EXACTLY what is happening here. To a T.

-Biggest donors like KF.

-Therefore the president and BOR like KF.

-KF wants BF to take over in two years.

-KF says to GB, “If you agree to “hire” BF in public and on TV (we all know GB doesn’t make that decision, not even close), I’ll get a raise for you and you set your retirement date when you want. We’ll go three years for right now, and let’s talk about it when the time comes again.”

-KF tells BH that he needs a raise and three more years for GB.

-GB gets a contract amendment delivered to his desk the next morning.

-End of story. No more; no less.
You have to take care of "your people" or they will bolt to the NFL or SEC...KF et. al. know better than to move to a location that demands winning over awe shucks play it safe, legacy making, vanilla.

And if there is so much money floating around these Big Ten universities because of the TV contracts, why not use it to set up funds to help players like Kenny Arnold, etc. and those who have lingering injuries because of football, those who are on hard times, etc. etc.

Kirk knows he holds the power and getting BF hooked to the gravy/vanilla train is the highest of goals. Oh, and running up the Big Ten longevity win totals created by a long, safe, protected career...while not winning the big prizes.

Oh, and running up the Big Ten longevity win totals created by a long, safe, protected career...while not winning the big prizes.
Still never understood people’s infatuation with win totals over winning percentage. Mike Riley would be the all time win leader if he coached long enough.

Same thing with basketball stats. Career pts means jack shit—PPG means something, etc.

Still never understood people’s infatuation with win totals over winning percentage. Mike Riley would be the all time win leader if he coached long enough.

Same thing with basketball stats. Career pts means jack shit—PPG means something, etc.
Concur + when it happens, in the clutch, in the big games and moments means 100% more than puffy stats that are meaningless against lower quality competition in blowout, schedule filling contests.

Interesting and goes to show who generates the Iowa income....KF making 4x what his boss does.

Latest posts