Gary Barta receives contract extension and raise

154614390.jpg.0.jpg

View attachment 5458

You're saying he could use some of that raise to get some teeth work done?

Everybody who has a job where you would be retained if you had multiple instances of having to settle discrimination lawsuits, totaling millions of dollars, please raise your hand.

Nobody?

I think he was referring to Gary being around long enough to make sure Brian takes over for daddy. 2024 should be enough time for that to take place.

Well by 2023 or 2024 we will have a clear picture as to whether BF should be HC or not.

The master plan is that the leadership at Iowa is happy as long as Grinnin' Gary keeps gladhanding the right donors and the rubes keep handing over their money.

Uh oh. Does that mean the likelihood of improvement in our punting game just crashed again?

I swear to God if we trot out the same punter again averaging jr high numbers then there needs to be a frickin investigation. Our own little scandal in the corruption of big money (with the bonus of nepotism as a subplot) in college athletics.

Uh oh. Does that mean the likelihood of improvement in our punting game just crashed again?

I swear to God if we trot out the same punter again averaging jr high numbers then there needs to be a frickin investigation. Our own little scandal in the corruption of big money (with the bonus of nepotism as a subplot) in college athletics.

You must have a wonderful time with your politicians then.

Look, I'm no fan of Gary's....not by a long shot. Just from an overall athletic performance standpoint, the Hawks have been abysmal. And we don't need to get started on the whole Kirk and Fran contract discussion....that's absolutely beating a dead horse.

But let's be honest about how the whole Greisbaum/Meyer situation here. That fiasco is the responsibility of one person and one person only....Sally Mason. It's hard to have "documentation" when there wasn't much in the way of issues to document. And when your boss tells you to fire someone or she'll fire you, then yeah, this is what happens. So sure, Gary's got no spine, he's a stooge....whatever you want to call him. But let's lay blame where it belongs....Sally Mason. The worse President Iowa's ever had....and it's not even close.

I think he was referring to Gary being around long enough to make sure Brian takes over for daddy. 2024 should be enough time for that to take place.

I agree and even posted it before reading through all the comments.

Is this a picture Brian trying to get the offense going??? I assume the mater plan that Rob is referring to is the person I just mentioned.

No matter how much I pound it up the middle nothing is happening. The apple don’t fall far from the tree.

Man it happens more often than you think in the business world. Look at all the CEOs that oversee colossal F ups and come out golden.

BLACK and GOLDen in this particular case.

Got to admit that it is really awesome to know from the article that our athletic programs have reached elite status. :D

We can make anything seem like it's job performance related.

True for the most part. You can compare the performance of any organization, profession, or group goals and what happens to those people for better or for worse and then come back and compare it to what Gary has done.

People in general are so weak mentally that if it’s in print or on the news they assume it’s true unless it contradicts their person opinion. How many people who don’t follow athletics now believe our athletic department in at elite status?

If’s and but’s;

If the law suit hadn’t have happened. If the two major sports programs were doing just a tad better (football winning more divisional titles and playing in the conference title game) but more that just a tad in basketball. THEN I could see the raise and extension. That’s three strikes and your out at most successful power five programs. WTF is with the University of Iowa??? Please explain. Barta would do fine at an Ivy League school. So would our sports programs. Both sports would rock with the same coaches and athletes.

I'm willing to bet the farm he would have been perfectly happy with an extension and no pay raise. He's not exactly a hot commodity in any searches for an AD at the P5 level. Why he got a raise is really questionable.

Last edited:

Latest posts