Gameday in Ames. It’s official

SW side of CR is a changing. The council F'ed up in my view on the West Dale deal but at least most everything is new now, and with the 100 bypass landing at highway 30 now on that side of town. It is off to the races on new stuff going up.

Yea, I didn't get the SW side of CR reference.

Ankeny has exploded. Lots of $ flowing in there.
The infrastructure can’t handle that influx. If they hadn’t exploded, they wouldn’t be so bad. But the people there are so high and mighty and like to pretend that they are incredibly wealthy. I’ve never seen entire neighborhoods of suburban housewives act as awful to one another as I have in Ankeny, Iowa. That city is straight out of Desperate Housewives.

Last edited:
Are you sure? I'm sure Morrell ran some insane volumes through there, but I thought that Dubuque had that giant ham plant there and that the beef plant was among the 5 or 10 largest in the country. I mean, my old man ran an egg farm and he said Dubuque was the worst smelling place he had ever been. He routinely passed through Sewer City en route to South Dakota to procure beer. Perhaps it was localized and he avoided the stench.

That was honestly terrifying. Scarier than any of the commercials from my childhood. The lady at the end mouthing Dubuque is the stuff of nightmares.

That's the side of town where a good deal of the heavy industry is, with General Mills, ADM, Cargill soybeans, and whatever Penford is called these days.

Does Notti Boy run the Southeast or Southwest side? Probably doesn't matter, the whole south side is probably unsafe due to his thuggery.

Stupid.

This is not going to be a good thing.

Disagree. All the attention is on ISU now. I'm sure Campbell, like Ferentz, would prefer to operate under the radar where his program has been the last 3 years and where his team has done the most damage. His team is favored by pundits and a slight majority of fans probably expect ISU to win. ALL the pressure is on ISU this year for a change. The crowd was going to be amped either way, gameday or no gameday. I think this game is right in Ferentz's sweet spot. He knows ISU will come out guns a blazing and the crowd will be fired up. If they can navigate the early-game emotion and have it close at the end of the first quarter Iowa can start to physically wear down ISU and take the air out of the crowd, at least those in red and gold. It will be a slow an painfully agonizing process but Iowa will win by 10+ in the end.

Latest posts