Gameday in Ames. It’s official

I agree. Campbell will have that team more amped than Rocky in the 15th. If the Hawks win this game they might be legit. This will be the most insane crowd Iowa will see all year.
Aside from all that, no one in the country could even point out our state on a map, Ames is a garbage town and not what any Iowan should want portrayed as a picture of what it’s like here.

Aside from all that, no one in the country could even point out our state on a map, Ames is a garbage town and not what any Iowan should want portrayed as a picture of what it’s like here.

Well said. This isn’t being a homer, i lived in Iowa almost 30 years and only live as far as Omaha now. I’ve been in every county of the state at some point and every city of note. Ames is the worse city in the state with Council Bluffs a very distant second.

Hopefully a good feature on Epenesa and Stanley. Build some hype for those guys.

Hopefully they also show the countdown clock to their "non super bowl" so the rest of the country can make fun of them as well.

Well said. This isn’t being a homer, i lived in Iowa almost 30 years and only live as far as Omaha now. I’ve been in every county of the state at some point and every city of note. Ames is the worse city in the state with Council Bluffs a very distant second.
Ankeny is a pretty damn close second, but there’s so many transplants, it’s basically Lame’s sister city to the south.

History and the nature of this rivalry says I should be somewhat concerned, but there is absolutely nothing about ISUs offense that I fear.

Their WRs are solid but aren't going to put the fear of God in us or make any outstanding plays.

Purdy won't be able to push the ball to them, because without Butler or a run game he's timid and erratic.

Their RBs have talent but are super green.

But most importantly, their OL still sucks. If they want ANY long developing deep balls, they will almost certainly have to go max-protect, and they simply don't have the horses to out-muscle us on the ground.

Their D is legitimately good and will keep it close for a bit, but if I'm being 100% realistic I'm thinking Iowa grinds out a 24-13 type of win, where we dominate every facet of the game except the final score.

It won’t be any louder or crazier than The Big House, Happy Valley or Connieville.

It won’t be any louder or crazier than The Big House, Happy Valley or Connieville.

I’ve been to the Big House...it ain’t loud. We don’t go to Happy Valley. Wisky is always loud...but hopefully we get an 11am slot...those fans are notorious late arrivers for 11am games...

I was just going to post the same. I may be in the minority, but I just dont see this as a positive. Maybe it helps exposure. Absolutely a must win game.

It’s seems net bad, but it could backfire for the clones. 3 hours of Desmond and herbie prattling on about how great Campbell is will catch the attention of some deep pockets donors and boosters in the SEC. Tennessee, South Carolina, ole miss, and probably Florida state and Arkansas will be looking for new coaches soon.

ISU’s offense is designed for 10-15 play drives.
Iowa’s defense is designed to force an offense to drive 10-15 plays.

Dinking and dunking won’t faze them.

The game will be a chess match between ISU in their 3-3-5 and Iowa running it or ISU going a 4 Man front and Nate throwing it to white shirts.

Didn’t think it was going happen. Maryland destroyed Syracuse and I still didn’t think it was going to happen.

Game day shows up and they end up winning somebody will have to talk me off the ledge.

Unfuckingbelievable game day in Ames.

Latest posts