Fusker Spin

All this bad Debby joo-joo is simply the football Gods paying them back for poaching the best player to ever come out of Iowa....a certain Roger Craig.

He thumbed his nose at Hayden et al and mosied on down I-80 to Lincoln. Although we did beat them in 81, imagine Iowa with him. The 82 Rose Bowl may not have ended up 28-0.

Payback may take awhile, but it is always a bitch. :)

It would have been just another record without Wolfman Jack's interventions.

Just like Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" would have been rather forgettable without Ronnie Spector's "Be My Lettle Baybee, Be My Darling, Oh, Oh. Oh, Oh!"

I did have the "Wolfman" 45 as a nine year old; had a bunch of 45's back then. The flip side, "Road Food" was the better song. When I saw a version of the Guess Who in the 1990's with Garry Peterson and Jim Kale they played Road Food live.

That was when Dubuque used to host Thunderfest. Ironically the lineup the next night featured a version of BTO with Randy Bachman's brother Robbie.

It would have been just another record without Wolfman Jack's interventions.

Just like Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" would have been rather forgettable without Ronnie Spector's "Be My Lettle Baybee, Be My Darling, Oh, Oh. Oh, Oh!"

I did have the "Wolfman" 45 as a nine year old; had a bunch of 45's back then. The flip side, "Road Food" was the better song. When I saw a version of the Guess Who in the 1990's with Garry Peterson and Jim Kale they played Road Food live.

That was when Dubuque used to host Thunderfest. Ironically the lineup the next night featured a version of BTO with Randy Bachman's brother Robbie.

they weren’t all that good in the Big 12 either once they got rid of Solich.

Lol, they thought they were all that and that they would just come in a steam roll like a huge locomotive the entire conference.

They were sort of correct except their locomotive left the tracks!!! :)

I like to read opposing newspaper accounts after an Iowa win.

These samplings are precious. Fusker spin at its finest as they continually point back to the good ol days of the 90s.

"Iowa didn't beat us. We beat ourselves" A 1-4 start and an 0-4 lifetime struggle against the program he said he'd own will make coaches grab at straws.

Button up baby.

Nebraska fans/reporters never have a shortage of excuses. Pathetic.

they weren’t all that good in the Big 12 either once they got rid of Solich.

Lets be honest, most of their success came when playing in the BIG 8. Eight teams! All they had to do was beat up on the Kansas St and Iowa States of the world and beat Oklahoma. Nothing like today and they have found that out going on 20 years now.

good stuff. ...other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

None of us fans expected a rock fight with Nebraska, but there it is. So hats off for Nebby for girding themselves up and playing hard. We've seen this before. They stink it up in October and November and they find resolve against Iowa.

Ferentz seemed especially up beat in the post game. I think he had a deep appreciation for the kind of game that it was and how the team responded. We should be happy.
Nothing sums up the current Nebraska program more than Nebraska coming into the Iowa game on a downer, losing to lousy teams, and they play well and play inspired enthusiastic football, but still lose to Iowa. Their fans and media then talk about how the spirited Huskers stood up to the big bad bully in Iowa.

They then promptly lose to a Minnesota team at home playing without 12 starters.

Nebraska at it's finest.

Nothing sums up the current Nebraska program more than Nebraska coming into the Iowa game on a downer, losing to lousy teams, and they play well and play inspired enthusiastic football, but still lose to Iowa. Their fans and media then talk about how the spirited Huskers stood up to the big bad bully in Iowa.

They then promptly lose to a Minnesota team at home playing without 12 starters.

Nebraska at it's finest.
Yup. It's almost too easy to pile on them now. Almost... And it sure as hell isn't getting old. The first half of my life was living hell listening to their fans. They got it coming I say. Let em have it

While Iowa is announcing All-Americans Nebraska is busy announcing that they are switching to shorts! Says a lot about where the two programs are right now.

Attachments

• 12463F66-6BF0-441B-B0D2-47D8C02A630B.jpeg
    12463F66-6BF0-441B-B0D2-47D8C02A630B.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 19
I think this is worthy of a thread bump.

Was on with my life insurance provider this morning. The customer service woman was outstanding, very professional and nice as could be. After we transacted business, I asked where they were located. She said Lincoln, NE.

I couldn't resist. Trying to sound as naive as I could... "OH yeah...the Cornhuskers. How did your football team do this year?" The rant that followed was priceless.

Was on with my life insurance provider this morning. The customer service woman was outstanding, very professional and nice as could be. After we transacted business, I asked where they were located. She said Lincoln, NE.

I couldn't resist. Trying to sound as naive as I could... "OH yeah...the Cornhuskers. How did your football team do this year?" The rant that followed was priceless.
1,000 likes

Well played Sir!

Latest posts