Fusker Spin

Seth53

I like to read opposing newspaper accounts after an Iowa win.

These samplings are precious. Fusker spin at its finest as they continually point back to the good ol days of the 90s.

"Iowa didn't beat us. We beat ourselves" A 1-4 start and an 0-4 lifetime struggle against the program he said he'd own will make coaches grab at straws.

Button up baby.

Nebraska played well enough to win, sans the turnovers (and one killer holding penalty)

But hey, it was a gorgeous day for a parade in Dallas, sans the Book Depository curve.

But Kirk frequently steals games like that. Special teams were the difference today. Their unwillingness to kick to our return men gave us good field position on virtually every drive but one. And Duncan was his usual solid self.

Our players and coaches know they escaped today, like Wisconsin knew in 2018. Like Northwestern has done against us on occasion. You can bet our coaches will make that point loud and clear this week. And we will find another way next year. Perhaps Petras can settle down and hit plays like the sure TD's he missed to Nico and ISM. Podolak was saying all day on the broadcast that he rushes his throws. That’s a correctable flaw.

Last edited:
He does love that phrase "button up". Frosty needs to simply button up his mouth. It's his own worst enemy

Yeah, you dont want to put out a lot of bulletin board material when you are constantly losing. It doesnt look good and just wants to make your opponents knock that turd chip off your shoulder. In public you say your opponent played well win or loses and you can talk about your team without making excuses. Schembechler is one who hardly ever gave the hawks credit so I assume he never gave many opponents credit and this comes from postgame comments after he luckily stole a game against Iowa on a late hawk turnover and longish FG.

Yeah, you dont want to put out a lot of bulletin board material when you are constantly losing. It doesnt look good and just wants to make your opponents knock that turd chip off your shoulder. In public you say your opponent played well win or loses and you can talk about your team without making excuses. Schembechler is one who hardly ever gave the hawks credit so I assume he never gave many opponents credit and this comes from postgame comments after he luckily stole a game against Iowa on a late hawk turnover and longish FG.
Schembechler called Chuck Long "third best" QB in the conference, in a tone that could be construed as not being much better than third worst. He considered Purdue’s Jim Everett and Illinois Jack Trudeau better. Everett did have a better pro career but come on. Long was clutch, including against Michigan. He was Heisman runner up and only the Ohio State game in the monsoon prevented him from winning the Heisman.

Lol. That was Bo. One of my favorite memories was hearing him ream his team in the locker room after we beat them in 1981. Lot of f’ing IOWA phrases involved.

Schembechler called Chuck Long "third best" QB in the conference, in a tone that could be construed as not being much better than third worst. He considered Purdue’s Jim Everett and Illinois Jack Trudeau better. Everett did have a better pro career but come on. Long was clutch, including against Michigan. He was Heisman runner up and only the Ohio State game in the monsoon prevented him from winning the Heisman.
Check that....Chris Everett. ;)

Nebraska played well enough to win, sans the turnovers (and one killer holding penalty)

But hey, it was a gorgeous day for a parade in Dallas, sans the Book Depository curve.

But Kirk frequently steals games like that. Special teams were the difference today. Their unwillingness to kick to our return men gave us good field position on virtually every drive but one. And Duncan was his usual solid self.

Our players and coaches know they escaped today, like Wisconsin knew in 2018. Like Northwestern has done against us on occasion. You can bet our coaches will make that point loud and clear this week. And we will find another way next year. Perhaps Petras can settle down and hit plays like the sure TD's he missed to Nico and ISM. Podolak was saying all day on the broadcast that he rushes his throws. That’s a correctable flaw.

good stuff. ...other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

None of us fans expected a rock fight with Nebraska, but there it is. So hats off for Nebby for girding themselves up and playing hard. We've seen this before. They stink it up in October and November and they find resolve against Iowa.

Ferentz seemed especially up beat in the post game. I think he had a deep appreciation for the kind of game that it was and how the team responded. We should be happy.

Only a total jerk like Frost would bitch about hand clapping as one of the reasons they lost. He acts like a spoiled little boy.

I found this on twitter. The number of times Frost blamed each group in his postgame press conference.

En4PwHqXMAAcmXF

So Frost is building in Lincoln and “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, I’d like to remind them the top 20 recruiting classes they’ve been bringing in while Iowa is beating them with mostly 3 star recruits.

When are they going to figure out the problems in Lincoln actually IS the coaches?

Latest posts