Fusker Spin

Ya know the thing that chaps my ass is he looked like a fucking hillbilly, stubbled whiskers, during that post game interview. What a tool. If you wanna play like champions, maybe it starts with the HC. Look the part Frost and quit complaining. If you look good, then maybe your team plays better. They play like the appearance of their coach.....sloppy
Yep. Looked like he was wearing a set of thermal underwear that hadn’t been washed in a few days. It’s the upper Midwest version of a wife beater.

So Frost is building in Lincoln and “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, I’d like to remind them the top 20 recruiting classes they’ve been bringing in while Iowa is beating them with mostly 3 star recruits.

When are they going to figure out the problems in Lincoln actually IS the coaches?
And several players, some 4 stars, are transferring out.
Adrian Martinez was 18-20 against Iowa and was under constant pressure. He made plays with his feet all day too. The problem with Martinez at Nebraska is that they have sucked in the offensive line much of his tenure...and their defense has sucked just as bad. I'm sure he's fed up with Frost too...because all Frost talks about is when he was playing and Tom Osborne. Can you imagine listening to that for three years...I'd want out too.

Right now, if you asked me if I would take Martinez over Petras...i'd say yes in a heartbeat. That's not a knock on Petras...but Martinez is much more experienced...and right now...he would give you so many more options in the run game and passing game. Martinez has talent...and my guess is that he's gone at Nebraska after this Covid related season is over.
Apparently some of Frost players are sick of him. I believe it's up to four now of players that are leaving and heading back to Florida. The last being a four star receiver. Bottom line...Frost is in over his head.

Suprisingly, it reached #4 on the Canadian charts and #6 on the USA charts.

It was the last gasp for Burton Cummings, Bill Wallace, and Kurt Winter.

And true...."Sey Hey" heard a lot of "Say, Hey, why don't you retire already?" Chub Feeney did get him on the all-star team that year.
It would have been just another record without Wolfman Jack's interventions.

Just like Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" would have been rather forgettable without Ronnie Spector's "Be My Lettle Baybee, Be My Darling, Oh, Oh. Oh, Oh!"

I did have the "Wolfman" 45 as a nine year old; had a bunch of 45's back then. The flip side, "Road Food" was the better song. When I saw a version of the Guess Who in the 1990's with Garry Peterson and Jim Kale they played Road Food live.

That was when Dubuque used to host Thunderfest. Ironically the lineup the next night featured a version of BTO with Randy Bachman's brother Robbie.

Adrian Martinez was 18-20 against Iowa and was under constant pressure. He made plays with his feet all day too. The problem with Martinez at Nebraska is that they have sucked in the offensive line much of his tenure...and their defense has sucked just as bad. I'm sure he's fed up with Frost too...because all Frost talks about is when he was playing and Tom Osborne. Can you imagine listening to that for three years...I'd want out too.

Right now, if you asked me if I would take Martinez over Petras...i'd say yes in a heartbeat. That's not a knock on Petras...but Martinez is much more experienced...and right now...he would give you so many more options in the run game and passing game. Martinez has talent...and my guess is that he's gone at Nebraska after this Covid related season is over.
I completely agree, Martinez or Luke will be in the portal, maybe both.

Apparently some of Frost players are sick of him. I believe it's up to four now of players that are leaving and heading back to Florida. The last being a four star receiver. Bottom line...Frost is in over his head.

Why guys from Florida went to Lincoln, Nebraska in the first place is hard to understand. Frost is great at sales, but not much else. Can't keep talent and can't coach. I don't hate Nebraska, just don't see any appeal of Lincoln what so ever in 2020. 1990 maybe. To many other choices today that's warmer and isn't in the middle no where.

I've been to both Lincoln and Iowa City several times over the past 15 years. While Iowa City is surrounded by a lot of farm country, it's so much more desirable than Lincoln.

To be fair, none of those players leaving are any that you’d want to touch with a ten foot pole.

They’re the ones who Frost was talking about not showing up to classes & team meetings and not making it to finals tests.

I follow huskerboard pretty close because I like cheap entertainment, and two of those players were posting to Twitter and Instagram before and even during a game bitching about coaching/the team and then deleted the posts (apparently they don’t know screenshots are a thing). Delancey and Fleming were posting pics of themselves at the Lincoln airport right before the Iowa game, for F’s sake. These dudes aren’t intelligent enough to tie their own shoes let alone be P5 football players and none of them will ever see a D1 field.

Now that said...Frost and his staff recruited these shit birds, so it’s on them and it’s 100% a reflection of their ability to judge character. But let’s not pretend like these 4 players were even remotely going to have an impact on the team.

Last edited:
Why guys from Florida went to Lincoln, Nebraska in the first place is hard to understand. Frost is great at sales, but not much else. Can't keep talent and can't coach. I don't hate Nebraska, just don't see any appeal of Lincoln what so ever in 2020. 1990 maybe. To many other choices today that's warmer and isn't in the middle no where.

I've been to both Lincoln and Iowa City several times over the past 15 years. While Iowa City is surrounded by a lot of farm country, it's so much more desirable than Lincoln.
I spent tons of time in my old job in Lincoln. Most depressing city I've ever been in

To be fair, none of those players leaving are any that you’d want to touch with a ten foot pole.

They’re the ones who Frost was talking about not showing up to classes & team meetings and not making it to finals tests.

I follow huskerboard pretty close because I like cheap entertainment, and two of those players were posting to Twitter and Instagram before and even during a game bitching about coaching/the team and then deleted the posts (apparently they don’t know screenshots are a thing). Delancey and Fleming were posting pics of themselves at the Lincoln airport right before the Iowa game, for F’s sake. These dudes aren’t intelligent enough to tie their own shoes let alone be P5 football players and none of them will ever see a D1 field.

Now that said...Frost and his staff recruited these shit birds, so it’s on them and it’s 100% a reflection of their ability to judge character. But let’s not pretend like these 4 players were even remotely going to have an impact on the team.
These are the types of recruits when they commit their fans get all excited about. They see the star ratings and get all jazzed up and think they are going to be challenging Ohio State for the B1G title real soon. What they fail to realize is that they need to recruit and develop the O-Line and D-Line to be successful in this league. They have improved this year but not to the level that it's going to take.

These are the types of recruits when they commit their fans get all excited about. They see the star ratings and get all jazzed up and think they are going to be challenging Ohio State for the B1G title real soon. What they fail to realize is that they need to recruit and develop the O-Line and D-Line to be successful in this league. They have improved this year but not to the level that it's going to take.
Their ship has sailed permanently.

There is one and only one thing that would attract any solid recruits to Nebraska in 2020 and beyond. Winning big time bowl games. And to do that you have to win lots and lots of regular season games.

And they’re not going to do that anymore because they can’t get good recruits because they keep losing and so on and so on.

No one playing football right now was even alive when the huskers were dominant. Scholarship limits don’t allow them to have over 180 players on the roster (look at the 1995 roster, it was that fucking big), and the only kids they’ll get are the second tier local players whose grandparents convince them to go. Iowa’s already been poaching difference makers for a long time. Fant, Bazata, Ott, others. You think anyone wants to come to that 3rd world shithole and get daily speeches about what Ozzy Osbourne did when he was coaching in 1982, and “keep your heads up” ad nauseum?

Frost had a chance and he permanently blew it. He was the Hail Mary, bet all your life savings on one roulette number, full court shot and they fucking blew it. He was a young, hip coach with a [fake] resume, and had he come in and won ballgames he might have been able to get a few Florida and Texas kids to come play in that hog lot for five years.

But instead he’s in the midst of that team’s 4th losing season in a row, 5th in 6 years, and showing absolutely no signs of getting better, at all. He’s complaining to reporters in front of national cameras about players not giving 100% in practice when it’s his 8 figure job to motivate them. He’s complaining about players not showing up to class and flunking tests when he’s the motherfucker that asked them to come there and paid them a $100K tuition bill to do so. Like it’s someone else’s fault...

He’s on national TV after a game with a six day beard, wearing dirty long john underwear and a crooked baseball cap crying about how someone on the other team was clapping too loud. These are your mighty huskers, you inbred Uncle Rico sand dune sons of bitches.

Boys, nebraska is done. For good. Drink it in.

Last edited:
I've spent time in every B1G city outside of College Park, MD and New Brunswick, NJ (which aren't B1G cities IMHO). Lincoln is at the bottom of the heap.. along with East Lansing and West Lafayette.

I would put Champaign down there as well, below East Lansing.

If Nebraska were to fire Frost what established coach would go there? Nebraska is done as a premier football program......DONE! I love it.
I have an inside source that Kirk is being considered, and is interested, in the Nebbie job if Frosty gets fired! He knows N. Is a premier program and is tired of not being appreciated in Iowa City, especially by HN posters.

Iowa always seems to play a basic scheme against the Huskers. Pass rush, stay in lanes, don't over pursue. Don't let the running QB control the game. It has worked in the past but barely. If not for the mistakes Nebraska made, it would have been an Iowa loss.

I spent tons of time in my old job in Lincoln. Most depressing city I've ever been in
I broke a crown in Lincoln. Bit into a blueberry pit while having waffles at Perkins. First day of a Colorado vacation. Ending up getting a new crown when I got back home.

Plus a root canal.

I broke a crown in Lincoln. Bit into a blueberry pit while having waffles at Perkins. First day of a Colorado vacation. Ending up getting a new crown when I got back home.

Plus a root canal.
Blueberry pit? Cool drama bro. Fusker cuntry can really spin.