Fran's recruiting

You guys need to get in on the transfer market.

You guys figured out who Fred was cutting yet to fit your newest transfer in next year?

Oh I mean, which current ISU player will suddenly come down with a bad case of homesickness?

You guys figured out who Fred was cutting yet to fit your newest transfer in next year?

Oh I mean, which current ISU player will suddenly come down with a bad case of homesickness?

McKay doesn't take a scholarship this season. There's one for him next season. Next question.

McKay doesn't take a scholarship this season. There's one for him next season. Next question.

Is there one for Vaughn too? Or did ISU stop recruiting him? I think we both know the answer to both of those questions. Next excuse.

oh no! don't turn this into another ISU thread... :(

Is there one for Vaughn too? Or did ISU stop recruiting him? I think we both know the answer to both of those questions. Next excuse.

Who cares? Would you seriously be ****** if Iowa pushed a kid out for Vaughn? I don't think so. Winning trumps all. You know that just as well as everyone else.

Who cares? Would you seriously be ****** if Iowa pushed a kid out for Vaughn? I don't think so. Winning trumps all. You know that just as well as everyone else.

I'd be disappointed, yes. I'm sure I'd get over it if it worked out but that's a pretty ****** thing to do to a kid that committed to you.

I'd be disappointed, yes. I'm sure I'd get over it if it worked out but that's a pretty ****** thing to do to a kid that committed to you.

You do what you have to do to get to the top. Don't think for a second the blue-bloods don't do it. You take the best talent you can get. Especially, if you're Iowa State, Iowa, etc.

LOL well played Clark, brought the full butt hurt out of Stewo very quickly.

McKay is paying his own way this spring. There is a scholarship for him next year.

We have 3 to give next year. So far we have filled 2.... Custer and McKay. So yes, there is one available for Vaughn if he chooses ISU and nobody has to get cut.

You do what you have to do to get to the top. Don't think for a second the blue-bloods don't do it. You take the best talent you can get. Especially, if you're Iowa State, Iowa, etc.

yeah, but there really are more important things than winning games. i know ISU athletics doesn't subscribe to it, but some still do.

WTF are you talking about? We have a scholarship available for Vaughn.

The scary thing is you know that the 2 new young coaches are going to get some talent due to their pedigree (Collins and pitino), Groce is freaking killing it recruiting, Izzo and Matta always get good talent, a moron could get recruits to Indiana, Nebraska has the best facility in the country to sell and it doesn't seem to matter who Wisconsin recruits.

All that adds up to a really tough league to compete in. If a team isn't keeping up by bringing talent in then it makes it tough

Its a pretty ridiculous thread. Iowa was considered a joke three years ago, and now they are considered one of the better teams in the country. I'm sure recruiting has something to do with it. I don't think Fran needs any incentives to recruit; they seem to be relentless at it. It takes time to build relationships with the recruits, and Iowa has brought in some great recruits without given the time already.

Yes theres one available for McKay and oh yes there is one available for Vaughn. I like how all iowa fans just assume everytime Fred picks someone up he is also cutting someone from the team. It must suck to not be able to get out of state talent.

Yes theres one available for McKay and oh yes there is one available for Vaughn. I like how all iowa fans just assume everytime Fred picks someone up he is also cutting someone from the team. It must suck to not be able to get out of state talent.

yeah, iowa definitely doesn't have any kids from out of state.

Yep. Never said ISU didn't have one open for him. Maybe you should read conversation Clark were having before piping up.

My bad Stew... just re-read it. You are correct. I took your "who cares" comment to mean you didn't know for sure.

yeah, iowa definitely doesn't have any kids from out of state.

When I say talent I mean top 100 talent not just your run of the mill recruit. Out of state 4 stars - Iowa state 5 (with a very realistic chance of adding a 5 star this class) - Iowa 0.

When I say talent I mean top 100 talent not just your run of the mill recruit. Out of state 4 stars - Iowa state 5 (with a very realistic chance of adding a 5 star this class) - Iowa 0.

wow, so impressive! you should post that on CyFan! that Fred is such a freaking animal!

Latest posts